Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to end the season with this thread above Liverpool's - which is how it should be, given we are now the bigger club.

COYB, (but I know how it will go next season.....!)

Thats some achievment by Moyes!!

Never has a pot to p!ss in, yet has finished in top 8, 7 years out of 8.

Good manager.

• 3 months later...

The bag of sweets team as done it again,that Fellani he came to Everton as a rough diamond and now hes a top of the range roller.The BBC

"sport today" have just called it a "shock defeat"needless to say cry baby Fergie never came out for the after match comments he sent Vidic

to make the excuses.

i

No doubt these sugar daddy chairman clubs will be after Fellani and Moyles before the season is out

The bag of sweets team as done it again,that Fellani he came to Everton as a rough diamond and now hes a top of the range roller.The BBC

"sport today" have just called it a "shock defeat"needless to say cry baby Fergie never came out for the after match comments he sent Vidic

to make the excuses.

i

No doubt these sugar daddy chairman clubs will be after Fellani and Moyles before the season is out

No way is Moysey going to Liverpool when they change horses mid-season again! w00t.gif

Tremendous start to the season.

Very sorry to hear Kevin Sheedy as been diagnosed with bowel cancer

Kevin played 350 games for the blues over a 10 year period and is now coaching the youngsters

Im sure he will battle his cancer the same as he battled for Everton over the years

Good luck Kevin

Very sorry to hear Kevin Sheedy as been diagnosed with bowel cancer

Kevin played 350 games for the blues over a 10 year period and is now coaching the youngsters

Im sure he will battle his cancer the same as he battled for Everton over the years

Good luck Kevin

Yeah. Terrible news.

Hopefully it has been diagnosed early enough. He scored some great goals for us and was an integral player in our too-distant Glory Days.

Edited by sharecropper

Superb result against Villa. usually a Bogey side for us away......

I can take issue with this article's Tabloid editorial style, but not its content - I think we will finish above Liverpool again. Then again, so may many teams...

Also a good link in this article to a Youtube video of Mirallas's goals.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1299728-everton-reasons-to-believe-the-toffees-will-finish-above-liverpool-this-season

Just wonder if it's time to do a Pienaar and buy Rooney back - he must be worth 15m quid, if we could afford it, and I bet he'd perform for us too.

Maybe they would give Everton 15 m quid if we took Rooney in exchange for Fellani

Looks like you've got a cracking team this year lads. And a good start for a change. Bac in the 80's I sat with an everton fan in a bar in spain and watched man utd beat you 1-0 in the cup final , said he wasn't really a betting man but pre season he had £50 on Everton to do the double ,cant remember the odds but do remember he'd have won £20,000!!! really serious wedge!!!. what do you reckon a champions league spot? what Terrible news about kevin sheedy, a good season for you will not do him any harm.

Edited by rijit

Looks like you've got a cracking team this year lads. And a good start for a change. Bac in the 80's I sat with an everton fan in a bar in spain and watched man utd beat you 1-0 in the cup final , said he wasn't really a betting man but pre season he had £50 on Everton to do the double ,cant remember the odds but do remember he'd have won £20,000!!! really serious wedge!!!. what do you reckon a champions league spot? what Terrible news about kevin sheedy, a good season for you will not do him any harm.

I dont think the Everton fan had the bet to do the double,not at those odds maybe the treble, in the 1984/85 season Everton won the league,went to

Holland and beat Rapid Vienna in the cup winners cup on the Wednesday or Thursday then went to Wembly on the Saturday and were beaten by Man U

Taking nothing from Man U but my local pub team would have beat Everton that day, they were knackered,they looked if they had been on a 3 day bender from the cup winners cup

Champions League, one can only hope but its still very hard to break the stangle hold of these sugar daddy chairmen clubs,compared to them the Everton team only cost a bag of sweets

Edited by soap

• 1 month later...

I've enjoyed watching Everton this year. thumbsup.gif

Leighton Baines should set up a 'penalty taking school' for all those prima donna's, who do the samba before rolling it to the goalie.

His penalty at the weekend was absolutely unstoppable!

Man U should sign him so they could sell Evra and score from the spot.

Edited by uptheos

2 bits of good news:

Kevin Sheedy, his treatment was successful and is in the clear.

David Moyes Manager of the Month for September COYB's.

Coming out of the woodwork, springs to mind 23.gif

I'll take any company I can get on here!

I expect soon it will be packed with disillusioned ex-Reds fans like that StevieH coming to support the Real Liverpool team...

Leighton Baines should set up a 'penalty taking school' for all those prima donna's, who do the samba before rolling it to the goalie.

Yes ups, he's been reading up on alfies school of penalty taking............. smash the ball in top sq mtr of either corner !

So, a good season so far, but whats the cost? seems you've sold you're training ground on the premise that you've hit a small cash flow prob , but seems you've then spent the money on transfers!!! Short term fix or good for the long term?

Yes ups, he's been reading up on alfies school of penalty taking............. smash the ball in top sq mtr of either corner !

Years ago everyone celebrated when a penalty was given as it was as good as a goal.

Now its just a source of anxiety for the fans, because more likely than not it will be missed, by some overpaid twirp, who feels he needs to do the samba before rolling the ball to the keeper........unless they have attended alfie's school, of course.

So, a good season so far, but whats the cost? seems you've sold you're training ground on the premise that you've hit a small cash flow prob , but seems you've then spent the money on transfers!!! Short term fix or good for the long term?

It's a sale and leaseback arrangement with a 30 year lease, I think.

Depending on the details of the lease, I suppose there could be worst ways of sorting things out.

Depending on the details of the lease, I suppose there could be worst ways of sorting things out.

I've never seen one for a footy training ground before, but usually they work them out so the "investor" puts in (here) the 15m upfront, and gets it back, plus a healthy rate of interest, from hopefully a good tenant for the duration of the lease, when the ground reverts back to the club.

• 2 months later...

I know it's good 4 everton andf frankly not bad for my fantasy team LOL !!! But How on earth did Fellaine get away with a three match ban, arguably there were 3 red card offence's the ref 'missed' and he's on his 6 th yellow card of the season!!! the football authorities and refs get slated for consistency, and they wonder why !!!!! , I know he's come out and apologized blah blah blah, he say's he lost his temper, yeah right, once yeah ok, but 3 times mmmmmm makes you wonder !!! being the ever ready cynic, did he want the ref 2 see? maybe he fancies a Xmas at home or having a few days off to sort a move out, from what i gather either scenario is not unknown in the footballing world

Edited by rijit

I know it's good 4 everton andf frankly not bad for my fantasy team LOL !!! But How on earth did Fellaine get away with a three match ban, arguably there were 3 red card offence's the ref 'missed' and he's on his 6 th yellow card of the season!!! the football authorities and refs get slated for consistency, and they wonder why !!!!! , I know he's come out and apologized blah blah blah, he say's he lost his temper, yeah right, once yeah ok, but 3 times mmmmmm makes you wonder !!! being the ever ready cynic, did he want the ref 2 see? maybe he fancies a Xmas at home or having a few days off to sort a move out, from what i gather either scenario is not unknown in the footballing world

I have always worried about Fellaini's disciplinary record, and I'm not bothered if we sell him in January so long as we buy well, as Moysey seems to do. Being out for the Christmas games is a pain.

One good thing to come out of the Fellaini incident is refs will now start penalising the outrageous holding of some defenders - Stoke are one of the worst culprits, although all teams do it to some extent. Could see some wild-card penatlies awarded in future games.

Pulis was having plenty to say, bit of a cheeky git if you ask me, I mean does he enforce all the shirt tugging nonsense or merely encourage it. The way they play he obviously does more than just condone it.

After every interview he gives, boo-hooing about how his team of Sunday School Choirboys has been roughoused by the rest of the thuggish Premier League, he must just piss himself laughing.

I have always worried about Fellaini's disciplinary record, and I'm not bothered if we sell him in January so long as we buy well, as Moysey seems to do.

I've read he could be off for 20 million, which quite frankly I don't get - he's not worth that amount.....so you might get a nice New Year present.

As for Moyes, I have a lot of respect for him and he's proved himself constantly, with very few resources.

I'd like to see him take over from SAF, they're used to a good manager with a Scottish accent.

OK start throwing eggs.....sorry.gif

Edited by uptheos

I reckon he couldn't go to Man U right now as he hasn't got the European experience he'd need, so I'm not too worried about that (yet)..

Don't need European experience, Man U would probably be equally as good without a manager. wink.png

He would be good for Man U.