Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having posted just 1 hour earlier saying that the pages were loading sort of OK, I wrote too soon, within this last hour it has gone terribly slow for me and I do mean slow, I managed to load and read 3 news reports on BBC.com in between one page trying to load on TVF and notifications I've given up on, they do not load after 3 or 4 minutes!

31 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you have some super speed computer thingy.....?

Edit.....Now that post took about 40 seconds to show....

Shucks, why didn't I realise it earlier . . . we've all been infected by ThaiVisatation, created by TD so slow down traffic from all us Word-Association freaks and Last Day on Earth type news from Govt. House addicts. This could be serious . . . quick, Robin . . . pass me that mozzy spray . . . that might sort it.

Totally unusable for the last 5 minutes - are you viewing forum as a normal user?  It is not working.  I can load Singapore Air in fraction of a second (any page) but this is now taking minutes.

Edited by lopburi3

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Totally unusable for the last 5 minutes - are you viewing forum as a normal user?  It is not working.  I can load Singapore Air in fraction of a second (any page) but this is not taking minutes.

Yes, me too, Lopburi3. I'm gettin' outa here, whilst the goin's good and will try again, next week year, maybe. Pity, but there has to be something pretty serious at the 'out' end, despite TD's optimistic noises.

6 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

weird as i can post and reply fast from here.....

What errors are you getting any?

TD

I cannot attach files or photos any more.

That worked OK last week but has failed for me in the last couple of days.

Right now it's okay , normal speed.  But when I click on post message , it stays on "saving " for 10 seconds, and that's not normal . 

Edited by balo

Thing is, the problem has been ongoing for me for years, not recently, and that's on multiple servers in different countries with different computers. Perhaps the system is fast on a few servers and not on the majority. Could there be too much on a system that isn't large enough to handle it? Seems strange when other web sites apparently have no problems.

I know that TVF has a substantial amount more on it now than it used to when it functioned better.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Thing is, the problem has been ongoing for me for years, not recently, and that's on multiple servers in different countries with different computers. Perhaps the system is fast on a few servers and not on the majority. Could there be too much on a system that isn't large enough to handle it? Seems strange when other web sites apparently have no problems.

I know that TVF has a substantial amount more on it now than it used to when it functioned better.

Fair comment but, as you say, TVF's perf is NOW the exception to the rule, of the other sites you use. Same for me and, after TD's efforts, for going on a week now, my gut feeling is a software glitch, as opposed to a server/system weakness, these being generally bullet-proof, I understand.

I'll quote you in a separate reply to TD if that's OK, though he'll probably have wept over your words, already. :sad:

3 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

We made a change last night, so lets keep and eye on it.

TD

Hello, again . . . yes, I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe a tad faster, now, but still way off normal or acceptable. It's all the waiting around for things to happen that really gets my goat. Yes, seriously . . . I actually swear at the sodding monitor, it's so bad!

Here's a quote of my last post to thaibeachlovers:

[TBL] Thing is, the problem has been ongoing for me for years, not recently, and that's on multiple servers in different countries with different computers. Perhaps the system is fast on a few servers and not on the majority. Could there be too much on a system that isn't large enough to handle it? Seems strange when other web sites apparently have no problems.

[Ossy] Fair comment but, as you say, TVF's perf is NOW the exception to the rule, of the other sites you use. Same for me and, after TD's efforts, for going on a week now, my gut feeling is a software glitch, as opposed to a server/system weakness, these being generally bullet-proof, I understand.

I'll quote you in a separate reply to TD if that's OK, though he'll probably have wept over your words, already. :sad:

It's not been going on for years, what are you talking about ? All the different problems started when Thaivisa decided to do a major upgrade , time is flying , maybe it was a year ago ?

Before the upgrade I never complained about the speed, sure we all have different locations and internet problems but this is about Thaivisa.com, and it all started after the BIG upgrade.

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Fair comment but, as you say, TVF's perf is NOW the exception to the rule, of the other sites you use. Same for me and, after TD's efforts, for going on a week now, my gut feeling is a software glitch, as opposed to a server/system weakness, these being generally bullet-proof, I understand.

My understanding was the change that occurred in recent weeks  was a move to Singapore based servers? If I am right then I can easily understand that response times become unpredictable until an optimal configuration is achieved. But let's not forget that this is not on line banking, or Amazon; I could live without TV, so a somewhat unstable app won't affect my sleep. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, balo said:

It's not been going on for years, what are you talking about ? All the different problems started when Thaivisa decided to do a major upgrade , time is flying , maybe it was a year ago ?

Before the upgrade I never complained about the speed, sure we all have different locations and internet problems but this is about Thaivisa.com, and it all started after the BIG upgrade.

?????????????????????????????????????

the problem has been ongoing for me for years.

Try reading what I wrote before jumping up and down.

I had communication with this very subforum over 2 years ago about the very same problem.

It's not all about YOU.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Tech Doctor said:

We made a change last night, so lets keep and eye on it.

TD

Thought I'd give it a couple of days, but no change here.

Took nearly a minute with multiple clicking just to get onto this subforum. I presume the multiple clicking was because the page was slow in loading, which has been my main complaint all along.

Interesting Sunday feedback from 'you 2', but, after literally moaning my arse off, on Friday, I can actually claim a real improvement, today over yesterday, as opposed to Sat over Fri, if you get me. I guess if TD sees this, it'll help his lunch go down.

Still far from perfect, mind :post-4641-1156694005: