What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Call me old fashioned but I like to watch the old TV series . I was almost not born in the 60's so I can't remember watching them as a kid. 

Just finished watching all the episodes of The Saint 1962 - 1968 . 

And now my next task is to watch all the episodes of Mission Impossible from 1966 - 1973  . Just downloaded 130 gigabyte of episodes !  

We are talking 171 episodes over 7 seasons here , so it will keep me busy

for a while .. :tongue:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faraday said:

@JimmyJ

Where is it available?

:smile:

Edit: Just found it on tpb, the uploader is 'sotnikam'

That's where I got it.

I'd been checking daily and finally saw it yesterday.

It has English subs.

Danish cinema has many fine films.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Feel free to share any titles. I am also up for a good Scandi movie.

I'll put a list together. Here's 3 to get started:

"Pusher" (1996) - starring Kim Bodnia and the greatest Danish actor, Mads Mikkelson.

Thomas Bo Larsen also in it.

MV5BMTg4NTkzNDA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDYw

MV5BNzcxYTk4NWMtNGYwNS00MDlkLWEzYWUtNTZh

"Pusher II" (2004 - 8 years after "Pusher") (retitled -  "With Blood on My Hands: Pusher II") - Starring Mikkelson.

MV5BMDNlYTBkZTktMjhmMy00YzM3LWI1ZWItOGY3

"Pusher III" (2005) - (retitled - "I'm the Angel of Death: Pusher III")

Stars Zlatko Buric, who is in the previous 2 films:

MV5BNmEyYjEwYmMtZGY4ZC00OWQzLWI2NDEtOGUy

All 3 directed and written or co-written by Nicolas Winding Refn.

These got me interested in seeing other films by Refn.

These are his best by far, I wouldn't bother with the others, based on 5 I looked at.

"Pusher" was Refn's 1st film.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, balo said:

Call me old fashioned but I like to watch the old TV series . I was almost not born in the 60's so I can't remember watching them as a kid. 

Just finished watching all the episodes of The Saint 1962 - 1968

Good stuff balo………...you might also be interested in the series, "The prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan and he also made "Danger Man". The Prisoner was most unusual for its time and set in an almost "surrealistic village" which was actually in Wales.

Come to think about it I should re-look at the comedy series "Only Fools and Horses" and "Open all Hours" so if you like English humour, then worth a look

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

House of cards ,series 6 has just started ,you can find the first two episodes at the usual places . dont know what it will be like without Kevin though .

Doesn't get  the greatest reviews, but seeing as I watched the previous 5 series and 6 is the last, Ill give it a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Good stuff balo………...you might also be interested in the series, "The prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan and he also made "Danger Man". The Prisoner was most unusual for its time and set in an almost "surrealistic village" which was actually in Wales.

Come to think about it I should re-look at the comedy series "Only Fools and Horses" and "Open all Hours" so if you like English humour, then worth a look

David Jason, hey? When I first started downloading [ 2012], I downloaded every season of "Touch of Frost." What a great actor and a top show. Might visit them again soon.

• Like 1

Tv series - Last Chance Lawyer NYC

Really enjoyed this one.
What a character this bloke is.

Summary: Last Chance Lawyer NYC is a new four-part series that follows the exploits of Attorney at Law, Howard Greenberg, a man who practices criminal law like you’ve never seen before. From his office in Brooklyn, Howard wages “war” against the government. He believes the state is out to screw over its citizens, and that the power of advocacy, in his expert hands, can save his clients from this tyranny.

• Like 1

Just finished watching all the episodes of The Saint 1962 - 1968 . 

And now my next task is to watch all the episodes of Mission Impossible from 1966 - 1973  . Just downloaded 130 gigabyte of episodes !  

We are talking 171 episodes over 7 seasons here , so it will keep me busy
for a while .. :tongue:

“Beverly Hillbilly’s” is pretty good...
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

I always found the Prisoner overrated and most of the English comedy series somewhat dated and drab from the off. It was the American Hill Street Blues and the comedy series Cheers that made me realise there really was an entertaining world out there.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

the comedy series Cheers that made me realise there really was an entertaining world out there.

Now Cheers (although not the earlier ones with "the Coach" behind the bar) was the only US comedy I have ever watched which made me laugh...……..such a superb series, the like of which I doubt I will ever see again.

Just a thought...…….is it available to download anywhere????

Just now, phetpeter said:

I am sad but I am nearly at the end of watching all the series of The Bill, from the first to the last and halfway through Hill street blues, then I have all the Star treks after Kirk. 90 percent of the 'big bang'

They just don't make em like Burnside and June anymore.

46 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Now Cheers (although not the earlier ones with "the Coach" behind the bar) was the only US comedy I have ever watched which made me laugh...……..such a superb series, the like of which I doubt I will ever see again.

Just a thought...…….is it available to download anywhere????

Good question. I will try to find out.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

"The prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan

I was sure I had heard about this series when I was younger , but can't really remember.   

Anyway I found all the episodes on Youtube so just watched the first episode and I like it!  Can't wait for the rest.

Also spotted a young Paul Eddington who played the prime minister in "Yes Minister" in the 80's if you remember that show .   

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

Another Irish one......................6 episode crime thriller..... female detectives, started last night.

Taken Down

Taken Down is a crime drama series set in Dublin. The first series investigates the violent death of a young Nigerian migrant found abandoned close to a Direct Provision Centre, where refugees await the hope of asylum. The investigation brings us into a twilight world of the new Ireland where slum landlords and criminals prey on the vulnerable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another Irish one......................6 episode crime thriller..... female detectives, started last night.

Taken Down

Taken Down is a crime drama series set in Dublin. The first series investigates the violent death of a young Nigerian migrant found abandoned close to a Direct Provision Centre, where refugees await the hope of asylum. The investigation brings us into a twilight world of the new Ireland where slum landlords and criminals prey on the vulnerable.

Real crime in Dublin Female asylum seeker,killed another male asylum seeker and put his penis on the mantlepiece.aint immegration great,better than the tv.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

With the execution of one who tried to defend herself against rape---to the beating to death of another last week--

Maid in Hell     BBC 2

A documentary about the 2.8 million migrant women who work as maids in the Middle East. They are bound to their employers under a system known as Kafala. Often trapped and abused, this is their story.

After all the hype, surrounding "The Haunting of Hill House", I binged on it. last weekend.

It was a bit of a let down!

Not really bad, but I also didn't wet myself with excitement or horror!

It is very solid, spooky entertainment- no more, no less!

• Like 2

Kicking kevin spacey off house of cards was the worst thing they could do.
The resulting mess is evident on the 8 episodes (only 8 mercifully) that comprise season 6.
Some of the plot lines beggared belief.
What an ignominious end.
I hope they are satisfied that they showed spacey....would have been better if they had made a deal where he agreed
to donate 50% of his fees to a relevant charity and did some community service.
I was going to comment on this,i downloaded the 8 episodes,today on episode 3 i turned it off and deleted the rest,rip house of cards.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I was going to comment on this,i downloaded the 8 episodes,today on episode 3 i turned it off and deleted the rest,rip house of cards.

I haven't watched one episode yet, but I deleted my download of season 6, think I prefer to have it end on a high note with Spacey.

• Like 1