160 Million Baht facelift for Pattaya beach

champers

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Public toilets next to Family Mart between Sois 1 and 2 charge 5 Baht. Cleaning is cursory, to put it politely. Public toilets at the Green Tree also charge 5 Baht and are reasonably clean.

The police owned toilets at the beach end of Klang charge 10 Baht (greedy blighters).

Central Festival and RGP are free and pristine by comparison.

You're an authority on the public toilets of Pattaya!

I guess with malls there is more of a vested interest from the shops etc to keep them pristine. 

• Haha 2

What I used to love was the clique little groups who'd always go to the same pitch on the beach day on day of you were living there or everytime they made the annual pilgrimage which was a good little earner for the deckchair renters if you had a load of geeza's there all-day drinking .. and if their birds turned up for the customary order just about everything on the menu mid afternoon nosebag then it really could be bahts in for the renter's ..  Russians there , Italians up near the Italian Restaurants , Brits further along .. but I think the knot by which it will always be bound is the traffic issue .. can't dress that up .. if the good times return after this C V saga so will the traffic and associated problems , jams , parking , pollution .. it would be so much better and pleasant along there if it could be pedestrianised but given its importance to the traffic layout of the City that does not seem likely in the immediate future .. 

• Like 1

They won't see me there anymore, i know much better beaches with great promenades, safe traffic, low prices, polite people, honest police, clean seawater, cheap beer, nice temperatures, no chinese/indians, no annoying salespeople ......and so on......

• Like 2

Like the first paragraph in the report says, this project is about attracting local tourism. And what better way to do that than have beach side parking for the Thais and their pickups. This is not about improvement or pleasantness from the viewpoint of a Western tourist whatsoever. And now with Walking St also being altered for Thais with traffic... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

Public toilets next to Family Mart between Sois 1 and 2 charge 5 Baht. Cleaning is cursory, to put it politely. Public toilets at the Green Tree also charge 5 Baht and are reasonably clean.

The police owned toilets at the beach end of Klang charge 10 Baht (greedy blighters).

Central Festival and RGP are free and pristine by comparison.

it appears you have spent alot of time outside toilets in the area .... do you normally hang around them.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, champers said:

Announced by the mayor yesterday, a landscape redevelopment starting in October and due to finish year end.

So 2 months or so, maybe 10 weeks?

They couldn't get the bins emptied in that timeframe.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

What I used to love was the clique little groups who'd always go to the same pitch on the beach day on day of you were living there or everytime they made the annual pilgrimage which was a good little earner for the deckchair renters if you had a load of geeza's there all-day drinking .. and if their birds turned up for the customary order just about everything on the menu mid afternoon nosebag then it really could be bahts in for the renter's ..  Russians there , Italians up near the Italian Restaurants , Brits further along .. but I think the knot by which it will always be bound is the traffic issue .. can't dress that up .. if the good times return after this C V saga so will the traffic and associated problems , jams , parking , pollution .. it would be so much better and pleasant along there if it could be pedestrianised but given its importance to the traffic layout of the City that does not seem likely in the immediate future .. 

I should think that a few members of the clique we were gang members of are either brown bread or too infirm to travel long haul by now...When it was feeding time for their birds they scoffed one of everything on the menu then hid under a towel on the dog & bone telling their Thai husbands they wont be home for dinner..Beach road is virtually pedestrianised now & long may it continue into Walking street & 2021, this morning i parked directly outside the Thai Anne Summers & purchased two boxes of mixed fruit Kamagra, next stop Dr Bens to get my 6 monthly testosterone injection, things are looking up for me!............Pattaya & Jomtein is constantly under visible improvement, wheres all the millions of baht coming from?.......Amen

Edited by LoS itaint
Spell check

On 8/16/2020 at 7:38 PM, sungod said:

Brilliant, hasn't been done for a few days now. Time to tear last weeks up!

What would be really nice is if they could reinstate a nice walkway from sanctuary of truth in Naklua all the way along the beach to walking street.

Reinstate? When was there ever one?

There used to be one around the headland at the north end of the beach, but it collapsed years ago, and they never fixed it.

17 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

160 Millions Baht facelift for Pattaya beach...

and meanwhile, the same day of this announcement, in the local news we have this

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-children-seniors-evicted-for-unpaid-rent-311355

Poor people don't even get a look in, as the point of new projects isn't really building a new project.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There used to be one around the headland at the north end of the beach, but it collapsed years ago, and they never fixed it.

Didn't the Dusit build that to try and stop people sneaking through the hotel to save a long walk round? Always irritated me, they made a fuss about the Sukhawadee Beach grab, but The Dusit Hotel stops a walk along the Beach by claiming that spit of land.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Reinstate? When was there ever one?

Thats exactly what i mean, there is also parts on wongamat that have fallen into disrepair. Its a shame, that could be made intpo a decent walk/run.

• Like 2