Biden narrowly beats Trump for presidency of a polarized United States

rooster59

41 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I think the new Vice President will be an added bonus.  Interesting times ahead.

I hope she can help to heal a deeply divided country.

And I guess Boris will be late to the congratulatory party?

He already has sent congratulations. He's in touch with reality in contrast to 45.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Not an Amrican but I don't envy the job Biden has to reset all the negativity of the outgoing president and I wish him luck.

My biggest worry is that 70 million Americans stil think Trump should be president.

I'm not very worried about the majority of them. But a minority of them are extremely dangerous and openly talking about starting a civil war. Some of the Q cult members,  Proud Boys  and a grab bag of various well armed private militias.  They think they're being called to save America by any means necessary. They feel 45 is on their side. Kind of similar to private militas in banana republic dictatorshps. I've been personally reading right wing social sites. As recently mentioned on Bill Mayers Real Time eliminationist rhetoric is now common. Instead of the more normal democrats are wrong or democrats are stupid   they say democrats must be killed because they are Satanist demons. Yes totally insane stuff but that's how they're talking.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not very worried about the majority of them. But a minority of them are extremely dangerous and openly talking about starting a civil war. Some of the Q cult members,  Proud Boys  and a grab bag of various well armed private militias.  They think they're being called to save America by any means necessary. They feel 45 is on their side. Kind of similar to private militas in banana republic dictatorshps I've been personally reading right wing social sites. As recently mentioned on Bill Mayers Real Time eliminationist rhetoric is now common. Instead of the more normal democrats are wrong or democrats are stupid   they say democrats must be killed because they are Satanist demons. Yes totally insane stuff but that's how they're talking.

It is really sad about these right wing militia types.  I do not believe many of them ever served in the military (some did) thus most may be all talk.  Sure they have their guns though.  There are a LOT of ex-military middle of the road (left of center / right of center) that can and will stand up to any insurrection that happens.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

It is really sad about these right wing militia types.  I do not believe many of them ever served in the military (some did) thus most may be all talk.  Sure they have their guns though.  There are a LOT of ex-military middle of the road (left of center / right of center) that can and will stand up to any insurrection that happens.

These militia types are nuts.  A bit mentally disturbed for sure.

Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, rally around US following Biden victory projection | Fox News

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

And over in nearby SA I guess MBS won't be waiting for that invitation to arrive any time soon.

Ex-CIA head slams Trump for suggesting MBS could be invited to White House

"John Brennan called Trump's suggested invitation to a 'big beautiful' White House party 'outrageous', given the Saudi crown prince's suspected involvement in Khashoggi murder"

Whose jet to the middle east holiday post January will be used mewonders??

Trump never did the press though. Im sure he has had thoughts of similar >>>

Edited by RJRS1301

6 hours ago, meechai said:

Hey come now Joe is old but not that old. I think the box is 9+ months off ????

actually i think he is dead ,   looks like a wax double to me .......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When can Biden officially be declared and sworn in as 46th president ?

Let's hope Trump won't disrupt the declaration before then.

Trump! You are FIRED!

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Nothing in the Constitution or anywhere else prevents a felon from becoming president

That said it is difficult, even for a man ever younger and vibrant as the Dorian Grey of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue ( what an appropriate address!) a.k.a Donald Trump, to raise funds for and run a campaign when he is in prison!

Edited by herfiehandbag

5 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Nope.  Job always goes to a politician, not a line attorney.  Adam Schiff.  But the title will be Acting Attorney General, because McConnell will not confirm any of Biden's Cabinet appointments.

You raise an interesting point - if Mr McConnell decides to refuse any dealings with a Biden Presidency, notwithstanding his (Bidens) victory in the Electoral College and a large (4 million+ win in the popular vote) mandate from the American people, - just what will happen? Will one man be allowed to stamp his tiny feet, empty his toybox on the floor, and render the country ungovernable?

I should imagine that would produce immense anger amongst the American people. I wonder whether McConnell would care ( probably not), and would his Republican fellow senators follow him?

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trujillo said:

The mainstream media has pronounced him president; however, this is not official and there are outstanding legal challenges. 

But then the MSM has done everything in its power to hobble President Trump for the past 4 years and they are continuing to circumvent convention. 

you mean soon to be former ? i predict a trump/AOC ticket for 2024. 

• Haha 1

Well, my congratulations to the Pres.Elect J. Biden. I think he has some tough times ahead of him and we will just have to wait and see. From what I read on CNN reports, Democrat politicians are not happy with their performance in the election so I wonder if the Party will survive in its prior election form. Will the President be able to resist the far left progressive calls? Again, it's a wait and see situation.

• Like 1

There seems to be an overwhelming lack of  GOP Senator comments in support of Trump's furious threats of  legal challenges. With two run offs coming up in 2021 it may well be the GOP will be keen to not antagonize an  electorate that has been emboldened  enough to  dump Trump. For Biden and Harris to have a less difficult time applying policies even a  50/50 Senate would be an advantage with Harris having the deciding vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Washington is the least of it, IMO. The country is divided nearly 50/ 50, and Trump's base are not going to go away quietly IMO.

The senate is still not decided 48/48. Everything for Biden depends on a Dem's win in the senate, IMO.

Trump may decide to run in 2024, so if he does expect another 4 years of the same on tv news.

Him picking Jr would make him a dynamic duo. 

• Haha 1