Phuket Sandbox: Officials say island ready to open, but fewer tourists expected

webfact

Interested in the SHA+ booking authenticator QR code I received

• How does it fight a virus? Why don't ASQ hotels produce booking these authenticators?
  • Why cant the consulates when issuing a COE just refer to a list as with ASQ hotels?
  • Is it just another nifty thing to make Phuket look advanced and cool or is it actually required by gazetted Thai law?

37 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

i hope to be on that flight from Dubai next Friday as I endeavour to return to Thailand. I received the green light on 24th June to start the COE application which I have done. Nevertheless, I cannot complete it as the SHA+ hotels have yet to get their system (SHABA) up and running from the government. It means I can book the hotel but they cannot send me confirmation until that system is activated. I spoke to the manager at a popular hotel in Phuket this morning and was advised that the system would probably get operational only after the announcement appeared in the Royal Gazette. They thought that would be Monday 28th. I will then be tight on time and I guess this applies to all other "non executive" travellers. Please correct me if you know different!

It is already operational. The shaba reporting that is.

https://www.thailandsha.com/index#Home

• Like 1

Until the end of October 32 airlines would be flying into the island. 

In July there will be 426 flights to Phuket and some of these are "airlines that have never flown to Phuket before"

On the Qatar newsletter, Qatar said that they will be flying in 4 times a week from the 1st July...Wonder if anyone knows the other 32 Airlines mentioned??? I would be interested to find out, I hope they don't include  the flights from BKK or DMK in these numbers ,and presumably these flights still have to be direct, not LHR/DOH/HKT unless things have changed. Maybe Air Koryo is in the list. I must stop presuming things in Thailand.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

..........for the start of the eagerly anticipated Phuket Sandbox project.

That doesn't even begin to indicate the stress. I have near chewed my dining table to shreds in an attempt to ease the tension in the countdown.........????