Moderna Vaccine in High Demand

snoop1130

Untitหหหหหหled-2-1.jpg

BANGKOK, July 5 (TNA) – Ramathibodi Hospital invited people to register for the COVID-19 vaccine produced by Moderna today. People fully registered for it within less than half an hour.

The hospital priced the vaccination at 1,500 baht per dose or 3,000 baht for two doses. The prices include inoculation services.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-732018

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-07-05

I have recently read in newspaper that there are businesses selling land on the Moon. The happy customers are sure that they can use their property one day in the future. Happy to see that there is an alternative option for real futuristic optimists - It is possible to book Moderna in Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ferguston said:

Thailand the only place in world which rips expats off.

Pay now and wait until.October for your vaccine.

"stupid as stupid does".  Forest Gump...

8 hours ago, riclag said:

If people would only try due diligence ,its amazing what one can accomplish with a little bit of effort !

Private Hospital search within the province and surrounding provinces , inquiring  of a M vacc that offers refundable deposits !  It worked for me in the middle of May !

Almost as if the hospital in question does not expect to be getting Moderna any time soon.

10 minutes ago, steve187 said:

/ flying to home country, look at the red tape/cost to get back again,

This is the only option if you want a real vaccine this year.

Some (portion of the order) Moderna might make it in in December. A few foreigners might get a shot or two this year.

Pfizer donation from U.S. (1.5 MM) said to be (now) a booster for Thai medicos.

Gov't Pfizer order (20 MM), said to be for Thais 12 - 18 YO, will not get here this year.

Can I interest you in Sinovac, I'll throw in the undercoating for free.

Red tape and cost are considerations, but time is the biggest obstacle, 3 weeks absolute minimum (J&J) plus 2 weeks on return to THL. So 5 weeks minimum. 8, or 9 or 10 more likely with 2-dose vaccines.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Ramathibodi Hospital invited people to register for the COVID-19 vaccine produced by Moderna

Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital had a similar invitation on their website at the end of last week.  It specifically excluded farangs.  Checked yesterday and it has been changed to something less racist.

Hopefully these people registering and paying for it know Moderna has already said it is to late to put in orders for this year. Thailand forgot to put a order in when they were talking about this months ago. You might see Moderna middle of 2022 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, steve187 said:

the problem is what are the other options,

1/  trying to get on a free waiting list, for g*d only knows what vaccine

2/ flying to home country, look at the red tape/cost to get back again,

3/ waiting for Modera, J&J or Pfizer to actually arrive, if so the queue will be a long one, and you will be behind the option 4 takers, so maybe well into next year.

4/ the pay now and take a chance it arrives and you get the jab you had prepaid for, is 3000thb or so not worth the risk, a good night on the p*ss for the drinkers amongst us.

5/ waiting for your home government to help, some hope (the only time in my life i wish i was French)

I believe 2021 looks grimm for the arrival and 'in your arm' of the 3 preferred 'juices', wait it out or the AstraZeneca is the option now and will do the job, also free's up International travel options and possibly can be followed up later on with better 'juice'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

the problem is what are the other options,

1/  trying to get on a free waiting list, for g*d only knows what vaccine

2/ flying to home country, look at the red tape/cost to get back again,

3/ waiting for Modera, J&J or Pfizer to actually arrive, if so the queue will be a long one, and you will be behind the option 4 takers, so maybe well into next year.

4/ the pay now and take a chance it arrives and you get the jab you had prepaid for, is 3000thb or so not worth the risk, a good night on the p*ss for the drinkers amongst us.

5/ waiting for your home government to help, some hope (the only time in my life i wish i was French)

a) I got J&J a week ago.

b) My wife managed to book two shots of Moderna at the local private hospital.

c) Our current push is now to get AZ for her, not easy I know...

d) If successful with AZ we'll try to use the two Moderna shots as boosters for my J&J and her AZ. Otherwise she'll get both shots and I may have a trip to Europe.

12 hours ago, ferguston said:

There is no October for vaccine. 2022 according to Moderna. Thailand never put a order in

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, ferguston said:

It's not just expats, my private hospital advertised the vaccine and it was full of Thai people in the comments asking to register.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chad91 said:

It's not just expats, my private hospital advertised the vaccine and it was full of Thai people in the comments asking to register.

I went to the "old, diseased" expats jab session last week in BKK........all expats, but at 65 I was about the oldest there????? Many in their 30's and 40's.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

The government does not care about foreigners it’s just about money that’s how it is get used to it amazing Thailand TIT 

Come now, that really is most unfair!

They couldn't give a running <deleted> at a rolling doughnut about the vast majority of their own people either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I went to the "old, diseased" expats jab session last week in BKK........all expats, but at 65 I was about the oldest there????? Many in their 30's and 40's.

It is/was for either "old" OR "diseased." If you are both, they'll give you a cookie beside the jab.

• Haha 1