Thailand reports record high 98 coronavirus deaths and 9,186 new cases

webfact

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Note that there are still beds available in the Bangkok, as I stated before, the issue is the system for patients entering the hospital system was not designed for such large numbers.

inefficiencies in the system that have only impacted small numbers of patients in the past are now leaving large numbers waiting for beds that are available- somewhere in Bangkok.

I’ll give you an example: if a patient’s doctor directs them to go to the hospital, there is a good chance that the doctor doesn’t have admitting privileges at a hospital with beds available. There isn’t a good system for the doctor to get the patient into another hospital, especially if available beds are in a hospital far away. So, the patient has to wait.

Actually, if what's you're saying is the case, then the situation is actually worse than it appears to be.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Actually, if what's you're saying is the case, then the situation is actually worse than it appears to be.

Reports are that there are big numbers of people waiting for a hospital bed. I don’t know how they can count those people.

As mentioned above, there are probably people who test positive using a rapid test kit who will never appear in the numbers, even if they develop symptoms and are told to self isolate.

Edited by Danderman123

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats not testing numbers, thats the very high positivity rate of over 12% shown for the whole of Thailand. Proof that testing needs to increase

When they write tested 66'494 (9.July), 75'150 (10.July), .... this are not testing numbers??? 

They also write testing average of 63'000 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HampiK said:

When they write tested 66'494 (9.July), 75'150 (10.July), .... this are not testing numbers??? 

They also write testing average of 63'000 

The concept of that graph is to show the positivity rate, with the tests recorded in that period, again show very high positivity rates which shows the need for increased testing.

The actual testing numbers are flat lined as displayed in the graph I posted. So the positivity rate will continue to go up.

Check the source for yourself if you like. https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PR Thai Government

Thailand government organization

The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security has joined forces with partner agencies in launching a campaign to provide free #COVID19 tests and vaccinations to homeless people, as an extension of its existing campaign to help with their livelihood during the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1415491306219089921

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, RandolphGB said:

Testing numbers are released 

I must have missed this. It would be great if you could show me where. 

edit. Ok posted above I think. 75,150 tests on the tenth with a positivity rate of 12.04%. The tests average out at less than 1000 per province. Obviously this would not be the case as the red zones would be the greater number which raises the question how much testing is going on in the other provinces and how much of this testing is genuine community testing. What the chart you posted shows me is testing in Thailand is dismal.

Edited by dinsdale

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PR Thai Government

The Ministry of Social Development and Human Security has joined forces with partner agencies in launching a campaign to provide free #COVID19 tests and vaccinations to homeless people, as an extension of its existing campaign to help with their livelihood during the pandemic.

Great. They can add homeless people to the priority list.

If things go as they usually do, either this campaign will be forgotten tomorrow, or they will do a one time PR vaccination event.

Edited by Danderman123

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PR Thai Government

Well at least they see that homeless people by definition could never afford to get tested so were completely out of the loop before, providing free tests for this is a positive step although free tests should now be available for everybody in Thailand with the virus at this stage

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, smedly said:

Pattaya is now showing almost 100 cases per day - 700 per week 

where are they all 

I assume it is primarily the delta variant - I hate having to assume anything - I want to know exactly what is going on in the place I live, it is shameful I have to go looking deep and hard for info - WHY ?

PATTAYA it is now of great concern

How does that compare to Phuket?

38 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Thankfully it's only the Indian Delta variant and not the South African Beta variant which has now turned South Africa into the Beta Zombie Apocalypse.

Please stop blowing our minds.  Thank you.  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 372,215

No words required.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

with 3,032 deaths.

Covid related deaths 3032/372,215 infected = 0.81458297%.

If one calculated the above percentage into the population of 67 million there would be 54,577 deaths, about 10,000 more than the 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia figures back then.

Am I missing something here ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Which indicates that that throughout Thailand at least 10% of people who come forward to be tested are positive

I don't know about "at least" but yes, it's about people who came forward to be tested. Not a random sampling. 

• Like 1