lots of 7/11s closed and windows covered,wonder why

ivor bigun

They operate in a very clear defined bracket of "disposable income" of their customer base in the neighbourhood. 
Fact is, that the referred income has dropped or disappeared all together and hence the customer figures were dwindling. Some also realized, that 100 times 10 grammes packaging (sold in 7/11) are x times more expensive than 1 x 1000 grammes in Lotus's or Makro (all owned by the same conglomerate, as we know). 

So look at it as a wiping down of the middle class; repetition of 1997 and trillions of Baht being destroyed while the boys in Bangkok at the helm are at it! Go figure! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Rubbish - a business does not close down because an employee gets Covid-19.

The 7-11’s which have closed down have done so for business reasons nothing else. 

In France they do. If one employee is COVID positive you have to close down, everything is disinfected , all get tested and after a certain time, they can reopen with a complete negative test for all.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:25 AM, ivor bigun said:

yes thats the way i see it ,but on social media they say covid ,mind you i have no time for social media .

Actually it is due to Covid-19.

But it's that their business have been affected by the world wide Covid-19 restrictions, which has reduced the travelling...

• Like 2

I am many miles from Pattaya thank goodness but up here I have noticed the 7/11 on the main drag is doing a lot of deliveries . Today when I went in 2 guys were wearing crash hats and wore 7/11 jackets with big back packs . Outside one more turned up from doing deliveries . good business I should think when the locals are scared to go out.

the franchise advisees decided they needed more safes at their office to store the cash as all the others were full so they ordered more but they won't arrive for a while so they had to stop making so much money, so close some stores.

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:32 PM, nightfox said:

In Bangkok the 7-11 are open but the shelf's are all empty as I assume the 7-11 production factories are closed or running at low capacity effecting production and distribution.

There's definitely something strange happening in the supply chain. Makros & Tops are pretty depleted, too. It would be fake news to suggest there could be infected workers at their warehouses or distribution hubs.

We depend heavily on those workers & wish them safe. Hope they get this sorted soon.

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mais nous ne sommes pas en France et ce n'est pas FranceVisaForum.com ou Europenow.com

And... IF this comment gets cut because its not in English, it proves the point - We are discussing France, we are not on FranceVisaForum.com or even Europenow.com....

No idea what you’re on about ! I was merely saying that when employees are C positive, anywhere in the world, the business Should be closed and all staff tested and isolated a few days. 

my observation was different:

The majority of Family Marts gave up, whereas a significant number of 7/11 is still in operation.

And as already mentioned: 

It’s not, because some staff was tested positive,

it’s lack of business.

... easy to find out by asking the staff or franchise owner, when they are closing down.

14 hours ago, geisha said:

In France they do. If one employee is COVID positive you have to close down, everything is disinfected , all get tested and after a certain time, they can reopen with a complete negative test for all.

Pubs in the UK do too..... 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 4:01 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Some dumb@ss has seen a sign which mentioned ‘closed because of Covid’....   then joined the dots and made the wrong shape.... 

.... then as always its grown arms and legs on ’social media’...  'closed because someone in the store had covid' is far more interesting than 'closed because of no customers’ !!! 

Really it is closed because of covid, there are no customers because of the pandemic.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ifmu said:

the story i get is that   if anyone in 711 gets virus  then it closes

also i would assume  lack of biz 

It may not be that reliable, but one news outlet in particular (not sure if I'm allowed to mention it, PN) reports every day on the places where covid has been reported and published on the track and trace app, and by those infected, in Chonburi. Not one 7/11 has been mentioned, as far as I have seen, but a multitude of mall shops, especially in Central Festival Pattaya, and markets in and around Banglamung and Na Klua, have on multiple occasions. The malls have all closed now except for food takeaways, to be ordered near the entrance, yet the markets continue to function as covid hubs. Chonburi's numbers won't come down until this is dealt with.

I can't help but think the shops mentioned in one mall in particular were mostly staff cases. Staff co-mingling. If one mall shows 20 or 30 cases, and another, close to 0, it suggests to me a local outbreak, not a walk in one.

Edited by bradiston
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bradiston said:

It may not be that reliable, but one news outlet in particular (not sure if I'm allowed to mention it, PN) reports every day on the places where covid has been reported and published on the track and trace app, and by those infected, in Chonburi. Not one 7/11 has been mentioned, as far as I have seen, but a multitude of mall shops, especially in Central Festival Pattaya, and markets in and around Banglamung and Na Klua, have on multiple occasions. The malls have all closed now except for food takeaways, to be ordered near the entrance, yet the markets continue to function as covid hubs. Chonburi's numbers won't come down until this is dealt with.

I can't help but think the shops mentioned in one mall in particular were mostly staff cases. Staff co-mingling. If one mall shows 20 or 30 cases, and another, close to 0, it suggests to me a local outbreak, not a walk in one.

I have seen a 7-11 on the timeline at least once or twice but it's rare for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

Many closed 3rd Rd down to Beach Rd area in Pattaya, and Jomtien Beach Rd. The killer blow was the curfew, 9pm-4am, and the reduction in opening hours to 4am-8pm. They lost 8 hours, and all the all night business.

Who went to 7-11 at 4 a.m. to get a beer on their way home? Especially considering all the bars are closed also????