Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions - but only for people who are vaccinated

Jonathan Fairfield

5 hours ago, superal said:

I for one ( and a few others ) would like to know the same . The " Sandbox rules " state that you are free to travel around Thailand after your 14 days free of covid tests but How the xxxx are you supposed to travel without provincial flights , buses or trains .  

This must also be hurting Thai business people who use the interprovincial flights on a regular basis . As long as every passenger has proof of compliant vaccinations , there should not be a problem because there are still international flights coming to Thailand , with many more passengers than local flights , and lots of returning expats wishing to join their families .  I wonder if they know about the lack of internal Thai flights . Imagine , sandbox in Phuket and after 14 days then want to get to Chiang Mai  to your family etc .  TAXI   ? joke 

There are domestic flights leaving Phuket airport to Bangkok and Utapao (Pattaya).  Today,  Thai Lion air to DMK and Nok air to Utapao.

And, Nok air has flights a few days a week to and from Utapao/Chiang mai.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, superal said:

Any mention of domestic flights opening (HKT<>BKK particularly)? I used the search function but couldn't check all 15 pages of this thread ???? (Bloomberg said that domestic flights opening is included in this new set of relaxing rules)

As of today various airlines show flights to/from Phuket (initially starting with very low frequencies) from early September. For instance, AirAsia is supposed to have one HKT-BKK flight/day from September 3rd, Thai Lionair one flight a day from Sept 2nd., etc. However, Phuket makes it own rules, and flight schedules sometimes change by the day.  I guess we'll know more in a few days. Other domestic flights are also supposed to start early September.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There are domestic flights leaving Phuket airport to Bangkok and Utapao (Pattaya).  Today,  Thai Lion air to DMK and Nok air to Utapao.

Thanks for your info but what is happening with the internal flights is they have been cut to the bone and one example is Don Muang to Buriram , used to be 3 or four a day but now only one by Nok Air that leaves at 08 30 am , so almost impossible to get a connecting flight from within Thailand . This means you either stay a night in Bangkok or take a taxi cos there are no buses or trains as of yet , unless you know otherwise /. I suppose this will be the trend until such times we return to some sort of normality . 

3 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

As of today various airlines show flights to/from Phuket (initially starting with very low frequencies) from early September. For instance, AirAsia is supposed to have one HKT-BKK flight/day from September 3rd, Thai Lionair one flight a day from Sept 2nd., etc. However, Phuket makes it own rules, and flight schedules sometimes change by the day.  I guess we'll know more in a few days. Other domestic flights are also supposed to start early September.

That's what I wanted to hear , many thanks

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That page has just been removed. Things changing rapidly

Well for whatever reason it was removed, this is what it said for Phuket as of an hour ago when I posted the link: 

Phuket International Airport

Passengers arriving from highly restricted and restricted areas or dark red 10 provinces;  Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Suphan Buri, Saraburi, Chainat, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Sawan, Ang Thong, Uthai Thani, Prachin Buri, Singburi, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chonburi, Rayong, Nakhon Ratchasima, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Krabi, Ranong, must comply with the following:

1. Must have completed 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine or complete dose of each vaccine. For AstraZeneca must have vaccine more than 14 days or recover from illness with COVID-19 not more than 90 days or have a test certificate for COVID-19 by RT-PCR method or Rapid Antigen Test within 7 days from the date of test.

2. Download “MorChana"(หมอชนะ)application on your mobile and agree to enable location sharing throughout the duration of your stay in Phuket.

3. Online registration through website www.gophuget.com to inform your information of traveling to Phuket.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Danderman123 said:

Death rates for those vaccinated are very low, around 1 in a million. 

Death rates from Covid are about 2000 in a million. 

Have a look at what is got on in Israel for a reality check.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Well for whatever reason it was removed, this is what it said for Phuket as of an hour ago when I posted the link: 

Phuket International Airport

Passengers arriving from highly restricted and restricted areas or dark red 10 provinces;  Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Nakhon Pathom, Samut Sakhon, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala, Narathiwat, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Suphan Buri, Saraburi, Chainat, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Sawan, Ang Thong, Uthai Thani, Prachin Buri, Singburi, Lopburi, Ratchaburi, Samut Songkhram, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chonburi, Rayong, Nakhon Ratchasima, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Krabi, Ranong, must comply with the following:

1. Must have completed 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine or complete dose of each vaccine. For AstraZeneca must have vaccine more than 14 days or recover from illness with COVID-19 not more than 90 days or have a test certificate for COVID-19 by RT-PCR method or Rapid Antigen Test within 7 days from the date of test.

2. Download “MorChana"(หมอชนะ)application on your mobile and agree to enable location sharing throughout the duration of your stay in Phuket.

3. Online registration through website www.gophuget.com to inform your information of traveling to Phuket.

No limit in terms of how long it has been since you received 2 shots (even though the evidence is clear that it wanes considerably after a few months).  Yet if you have recovered from cover (the best form of protection as studies are increasingly showing) there is a 90 day limit.  Utter BS.

• Like 1

This thread is in part about vaccination cards required for dine in.

The gf just now informs me that on Thai breaking news this requirement has been knocked on head 

Any confirmation? 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The gf just now informs me that on Thai breaking news this requirement has been knocked on head 

Any confirmation? 

Makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bang saen guy said:

ATK are available at Boots for 1290. A family of 4 could eat noodles at a roadside stand for less than 6000. 

WoW

The Pharmacies around my Place charge between 260 and 380 Baht. Basic Hole in the Wall Pharmacies. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sucher said:

WoW

The Pharmacies around my Place charge between 260 and 380 Baht. Basic Hole in the Wall Pharmacies. 

Yet that amount could still feed a family of two for an entire day, and is very close to what one person would make for the day of work depending on who they work for.  I know housekeepers/nannies, friends of my GF's, who work an average of 26 days for the month and get paid 9k Baht, of course they board free but still have to pay for food etc. These are the folks that need to be tested regularly as well since they are around families and children.  So on their one day off every Sunday, they would need to pay for the test just to go to a mall or sit down with a friend at a restaurant.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

How many of the 75 brought the virus with them, and how many were infected after arriving in Phuket?

They could have been infected in Phuket but I dont think you would get any Thai official to admit that.

54 minutes ago, huangnon said:

I think Covid-19 has actually improved some people's social lives. Or at least made them happy to be wallowing in other's misery.

Let the "useless eaters" wear double-masks and hide under their beds, while the rest of use resume our lives, livelihoods and businesses.

We saw that in the US, where those who refuse to wear masks or to get vaccinated are dying in droves. But the bars are open.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, Cake Monster said:

Get the card you need at any Market from today.

But hey ! Why bother, nobody is going to check

It will be as in one of those scannable patterny thingys.   They could scan it at the mall / bar / gogo / etc entrance. It instantly checks a central database if expatvac etc etc.

Random checks by Police or immigration when you do 90 day might start. Takes a second.

The app is already downloadable from all good app stores and no doubt some Thai gov site soon.  It already shows your vax record when you download it now. (If you were vaxed in the Expatvac programme).

No smart phone ? ... you will have to print it and have a hard copy. It wont be a simple easily forged slip of paper.

The app I am guessing when scanned .... will show name of holder what vaxed they had and when and what colour knickers the nurse was wearing. 

Ok .. it may require further evidence it is yours. Your passport or id being carried is already the current law.  

But I agree your probably get away with it.  But its 20,000 baht fine for not wearing a mast. Good luck with what happens to you if you forge a vax certificate and get caught. 

If the authorities realise there is a maket in false vax certificates they will get very vigilant.

People on here and in real life already bragging they going to get a forged cerficate. It wont be a big secret.  Dont brag too much. Your get reported.

Good luck to those caught selling forged cerficates too.   Once one is caught and gets serious jail time the rest will think twice.  If you do your own forgery you better make it good.

A crowded jail cell awaits.

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Any confirmation? 

I think that was always going to happen.  It's looking like schools may be allowed to open soon, too.  Hopefully with sensible protocols in place, not the crazy ones suggested by the school in Phuket, which you posted last week! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, huangnon said:

I think Covid-19 has actually improved some people's social lives. Or at least made them happy to be wallowing in other's misery.

Well, if Thailand could give me a few weeks with the nightlife restored, and no tourists yet (as it was earlier this year), it would be fantastic. I might hang up my wallet and go live out my days in Nakhon Nowhere spending 10000 baht a  month instead of on each night out!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Col said:

It still amazes me how people will just spout the rhetoric they hear on the news and ignore the real facts.

If approx 1 out of every 70 people catch it and 997 people out of 1000 who actually contract covid19 recover, how do you know the vaccine makes you less susceptible? It is not what the Israelis are experiencing, but no-one wants to know because it shows holes in the official lines of almost every country.

The tyranny of vaccination certificates is a world-wide scandal and should be opposed by every free thinking person on earth.

I would not know (because its illegal to force you to show/tell) if the people around me in a restaurant have Aids, Diphtheria, Hepatitis A or B, the Flu, or any other contagious disease or virus, but I must know if you're vaccinated against Covid19??  Really?

I applaud those who for their own good reasons get vaccinated with these amazing new gene therapies, but please, it must remain the privilege of every human to decide what medicines or treatments they take. Not society's, and certainly not government's.

99% of all Covid deaths in America are the unvaccinated. 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:33 AM, bkk6060 said:

Were those flights between Phuket - Pattaya (Utapao) going before the pandemic or is this something new?

9 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

open the gyms, YOU IDIOTS!!!

I sort of understand the gym thing....sort of.  However, closing outdoor things like parks and beaches makes no sense.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2