Thai Govt hopes tourism can be revived as COVID subsides

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, tsigane said:

I spent last winter in Colombia and loved it.  Far superior compared to Thailand in terms of quality of services per dollar spent.  Virtually no Covid restrictions.  Going back to Colombia this winter again, regardless whether Thailand "opens" or not. 

But muh delta variant!!!

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'd like to travel domestic but still waiting for my appointment that finally comes on the 12th for Pfeizer.

That's what I'm waiting for. Us teachers have holidays coming next month, but we're not going to be doing any traveling until we get jabbed between now until then.

6 hours ago, tjo o tjim said:

Singapore has ~1/7 the infection rate of Thailand in the last 7 days; that is a pretty good attestation to the efficacy of the vaccine.

Israel’s 63% vaccination rate was initially admirable, but few consider that a sufficient number today; the consensus seems to be closer to 80% with issues remaining when you get outbreaks among ineligible groups.  

You can't compare a full vaccination rate of 80% (Singapore) with 10% (Thailand), can you?

A full vaccination rate of 80% is already called herd immunity and yet the cases are still rising.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I'd like to travel domestic but still waiting for my appointment that finally comes on the 12th for Pfeizer.

My wife is waiting for the Moderna we've booked and paid for months ago. Now that's only 1.95 million doses.

Like many Thais she doesn't want to take Sinovac so we're waiting for something more suitable.

It was pretty stupid to pay MODERNA (and wait) if PFIZER is available for free NOW!

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Umm, let me think…

Pfizer’s not the be all and end all. In fact I hear there can be heart issues while efficacy also drops off. But as with an expensive handbag, you pay more so it has to be better right. Nowt as queer as folk. 

I got Pfizer, cost me absolutely nothing 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ronster said:

Subsides ?? The place still looks like a wasteland from a mad max movie and these lunatics think they are doing an excellent job vaccinating people and they will just flick a switch and all will be well !!

Totally of the scale delusion ! ????????????

The switch is called "the new normal". This can be everything. There is no clear definition for "the new normal". Up to... ????

Thailand has 69 million people. Thailand has 1.28 million detected Corvit cases. Thailand has 12,855 Corvit dead. The death rate for detected Corvit cases in relation is around 1%. The risk of death in relation to the population would be: 12855 × 100 / (69000000-1280000) = 0.018%.

A quote from another thread but they apply here, the real problem is not the calculations themselves but the source of the numbers used in the calculations. Bogus Thai Gov't propaganda.

I also know the following is undoable but to really calculate the efficacy of the vaccines you need to get at least 100 volunteers for each vaccine and actually expose them all to the virus. Then see how many get it and/or how sick they get or die. I know the definition used to calculate the efficacy is the definition, but it is not really accurate. BTW the 1st paragraph is a quote from someone else so corvit = covid I am pretty sure.

• Like 2