Nightmare scenarios continue in wake of Thailand Pass launch

snoop1130

would fall for a, say "British Elite Visa" scheme? or a "French Elite Visa" program? or a "Belgian Elite Visa" path?

13 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Do you think anyone would not just Thais. It appears to be a jail break from Europe not a break in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, shuffler said:

I found the two main issues when applying for the Thai Pass.

One, convert your doc, s to jpeg. Do not send pdf. 

Two, Do not use Hotmail. Use g mail. 

Once I did that. Got the pass in two hours. 

Hope this helps.. 

Interesting. I had exactly the same experience with expatvac registration. PDF not accepted, must use jpg. Email not accepted until I have them a Gmail address.

That's unlikely to be a coincidence.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I think TP Is for everybody to enter Thailand. 

I have PR and applied for 90 day pass, didn't mention PR.

1st application on 1st Nov API, which my brother explained is a clot inbetween server and web interface.

2nd Nov I tried again, was really <deleted> that all doc's had to be JPG, I'd prepared using pdf.

Anyway they emailed yesterday to say resubmit because the Vaccination doc's were not clear. In Australia both vaccinations appear on one document. The Thai Pass asks for 1st & 2nd.

I just uploaded mine twice.

Behold, 9 minutes later they approved my application while I was still swearing my head off.

The interesting hurdle of course is will they allow my 90 days health insurance to enter on PR non immigrant visa (which is 7 months overdue). Or force me into 12 months insurance or a simple tourist visa?

1 hour ago, shuffler said:

I found the two main issues when applying for the Thai Pass.

One, convert your doc, s to jpeg. Do not send pdf. 

Two, Do not use Hotmail. Use g mail. 

Once I did that. Got the pass in two hours. 

Hope this helps.. 

Funny, last time i did my 90 days notification through a normal registered email address from my provider, it was refused.

When  I did the same through a hotmail account, it was accepted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I applied on Friday morning and got my Thai Pass aprroved Saturday morning. It seems that having an internation covid certificate with a QR code helps speed up the process. Can not beat a 24hr turn about.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Web design is not terribly complicated. A talented designer could create this site, and beta test it, without alot of difficulty. There is no excuse for this failure. 

As usual, they were likely trying to save some money on the site, just as they attempted with the disastrous vaccination program. 

Cheap Charlie complex comes back and bites them yet again?

I don't believe that's the real reason, the real one I mentioned it already.

It's very obvious that they created this app and did not sandbox it one single time. It they had tested it even once, they would have immediately noticed all the issues we have all been reporting. Who creates an app and doesn't even test it before making it live? Seems like 12-year old coders wouldn't miss that step. 

• Like 1

After I did my application using Safari and a Hotmail address, the message said something like "Application Accepted. You will receive a confirmation email."

I haven't yet received one and am now wondering if I should start the application all over again.

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

My daughter from my 3rd wife applied this afternoon and got the pass an hour ago. The email went to her Junk inbox apparently.

No surprise that most of TV can't work a bloody laptop though, I've seen their Thai language proficiency.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Gun owner 

Did not know knowledge of Thai was necessary to operate a laptop and apply for the Thailand Pass.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Lipstick on a pig...

Thai are not good at admission that they have done wrong..

Thousands have to change their bookings and lose money.

Would that be the same thousands that wanted rid of the COE?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phetphet said:

After I did my application using Safari and a Hotmail address, the message said something like "Application Accepted. You will receive a confirmation email."

I haven't yet received one and am now wondering if I should start the application all over again.

The email you didn’t receive will have stated “you will be contacted at this email address within 7 days”

• Like 2

15 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Interesting though that Thai Elite “can’t help”. And 15 Hours Work for T. Pass ? Credible. Took me 40 hours work over two weeks six years ago to prepare / submit for Embassy Retirement Visa……..

Would expect fast track T/ Pass to be part of the TE service though ? Take it that TP only for tourists & non- immigrants ? Not for PR or Citizens……..and T. Pass clearly already a major fiasco about to Fail.

No Way China for example will not somehow be Exempt. Imagine 400k applications instead of 40k.

NO help. Another E.G., TAT say they have no information whatever. But all the time praising themselves for THEIR success with TP.

7 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Pays up to 400% markup for lux goods. Gets called "stingy."

Displaying luxury goods, which everyone knows you pay through the nose for, establishes you as a person with money, and therefore is good for "face".

Rather different motives to being "stingy" over things which do not obviously bolster your status!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

There you have it.

The Thai Elite Visa program has always been considered as an obvious scam, paying XXX hundreds of thousands of bahts just to get a gold colored (useless) flashy card. I'm sorry for those who got suckered in but that's all the Thai Elite Visa scheme was about and that's all it'll ever be.

Think of it for a second, if the roles were switched and the tables were turned around, do you really think the Thais (stingy as they are) would fall for a, say "British Elite Visa" scheme? or a "French Elite Visa" program? or a "Belgian Elite Visa" path?

There goes the saying: "In Rome, do as the Romans", In Thailand, do as the Thais. The only way to survive in this Kingdom is to be as stingy as they can be.

The Thais would never fall for that, why would YOU?

Funny that 

NZ offers investment Visa with a PR attached.

INVESTOR 2 CATEGORY VISA

• Investment of NZ$3,000,000 for 4 years
  • Maximum age 66
  • English language requirement
  • Minimum stay 438 days over 4 years
  • Annual quota of 400 applicants

I mentioned this to a very wealthy family once who were intrested in sending their kids to school overseas..

They flat out refused to believe that it as not a scam and that they could outright OWN property in NZ..

16 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Anucha Nakasai, the Minister attached to the Office of the Prime Minister, on Tuesday announced that “some issues”

Wonder if this guy is Thai? Admitting that something they have created is not good is very rare to hear.

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Sounds female to me.

Anucha Nakasai.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anucha_Nakasai

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anucha Nakasai, the Minister attached to the Office of the Prime Minister, on Tuesday announced that “some issues” with people registering through the Thailand Pass website, in order to be issued a permit to enter Thailand as a tourist, had been noticed.

Admitting this amounts to a small loss of face, which must mean there is a really big problem, lol!

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Why is it so hard for Thais to make websites. 

One of the most important websites of the last 2 years.

Their economy banking on it.

They still screw it up.

No, it's not the Thais in general at fault.

Anything to do with GOVERNMENT gets screwed up, not only here.

In fact, the apps for some Thai banks, SET, and the Bitkub crypto exchange are excellent, so the Thais can do it.

• Like 2