Got Covid - Doing Quarantine At Home?

TudorBkk

2 days ago I tested positive for covid at night (negative during the day) with ATK.

My GF is still testing negative daily (I assume we got it together somewhere as I've been either working home or spending time with her out).

She's isolating with me.

Haven't left my room since and do not intend to.

Question: If I tell my condo reception, will I be forced to go to the hospital to quarantine there?

Fully vaxxed with Pfizer, felt bad 1st night feeling good now.

If self-quarantine is allowed then I imagine the condo can simply leave my delivery of food/grocery infront of my door which would be ideal.

Edited by TudorBkk

3 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Can you food delivered  from 7/11 Big C etc?

Yes foodpanda/grab etc that's not a problem at all. More about making sure my receptionist is aware I have covid so they can wash their hands or w/e when delivering food infront of my door. But worried they'll ask me to go to the hospital (maybe due to laws or w/e)

Just to see our doctors for our normal visits every 4th month the GF and I have to obtain a PCR test and test negative.  The doctors and staff are afraid of becoming infected, so your friend with food poisoning is another who was tested just to see a doctor like we are. 

18 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Not sure if you need to go to hospital these days to quarantine if you got covid. Seems like some do and some don't. Im guessing guaranteed if Omicron. Knew a couple of mates didnt have symptoms early in the piece but went and got tested....positive. Both spent a brain numbing 2 weeks in hospital, never got any symptoms. Only a 100-200k bill at the end of it. Id be saying nothing and isolating unless I was at deaths door

Come on, was it 100k or 200k ?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Did you not read his post, he has tested positive for Covid on an ATK test.  The issue is to explain to the condo folks or leave them in the dark as he isolates in his place.  If just asymptomatic or minor symptoms why not wait it out at home and test in a few days to see if he is past the virus.  Having someone, a friend or such of the GF's drop off groceries is a great idea.  My condo is always stocked up and we can weather out a month if need be.

Isn't that what he said?

• Like 2

- Stay home.

- Tell no one.

- Talk to your GF and make sure she doesn't tell anyone

- Get food delivered outside your door and pay with transfer/Truemoney. LineMan, Grab, Tesco, all accept transfer and hang food on door without psychical contact (or questions asked)

At least that`s my plan if I the Covid down here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If we did a poll i reckon 90% wouldn't go to hospital unless very sick. We know we'd get milked for as much as possible

My insurance will cover it, but its not about milking or not when not needed and you can home isolate its far more comfortable as you got far more room and can what you want in your home. (condo is a bit dubious unless you can get people to drop food in front of your door).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

My insurance will cover it, but its not about milking or not when not needed and you can home isolate its far more comfortable as you got far more room and can what you want in your home. (condo is a bit dubious unless you can get people to drop food in front of your door).

With insurance you'd get milked even more and premiums will go up if a thai insurer. Annoying if not sick, quarantining at home is sensible

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

A condo is not dubious at all if you live in a large enough place, and have a pantry full of foodstuffs like we do, as well as having a third en-suite guest room where I could isolate in.  No need for food deliveries as my housekeeper can cook the food and place it at the door just like in a SHA++ quarantine hotel.  I do understand if it's someone living in a 32 sqm condo with no real room to isolate if more than 1 lives there, but if single, solo, and have a stock of foods one can manage to take care of themselves. Of course my insurance would cover myself as well as the GF, who has her own PCH policy, and then the housekeeper who I have bought a policy for as well since she is a live-in.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A condo is not dubious at all if you live in a large enough place, and have a pantry full of foodstuffs like we do, as well as having a third en-suite guest room where I could isolate in.  No need for food deliveries as my housekeeper can cook the food and place it at the door just like in a SHA++ quarantine hotel.  I do understand if it's someone living in a 32 sqm condo with no real room to isolate if more than 1 lives there, but if single, solo, and have a stock of foods one can manage to take care of themselves. Of course my insurance would cover myself as well as the GF, who has her own PCH policy, and then the housekeeper who I have bought a policy for as well since she is a live-in.

I said dubious if you don't have food, because then you have to go through a complete building to get your stuff possibly infecting others. That was my point. At a home they can drop it in front of your door. Yes if like you have access to food without contaminating people like in your case then its not dubious.  My whole point was that in a condo you often have to go through half a building to collect from delivery people.

I was not even making a point about space but more about having to go through all the common areas unless of course someone drops it at your door. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

With insurance you'd get milked even more and premiums will go up if a thai insurer. Annoying if not sick, quarantining at home is sensible

I don't have a  Thai insurer so no problem. For me the only problem would be being away from a far mor comfortable place if its unneeded. 

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

First thing to do after an ATK test is positive would be to repeat the test a few hours later once or twice.

The false rate on ATK (+ or -) is very high.

I never would report myself after just one ATK.

A false negative rate is higher than a false positive. Two positives on an atk and one is almost certainly positive.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DavisH said:

A false negative rate is higher than a false positive. Two positives on an atk and one is almost certainly positive.

From my nearly two years experience with many thousands of ATK tests it's more around 50/50. Hard to say because a false positive is more likely to detect. But anyway. I would not report after just one positive test and I would even think about doing it after a second positive without symptoms.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

I agree with what others have said. If I was feeling ok, I would definitely stay at home and not tell anyone in my condo. Not only would this be more comfortable (and cheaper) for me, I would not be needlessly using medical resources and risk spreading Covid in a hospital.