Tourism Authority of Thailand and dozens of Chonburi entertainment and tourism business operators hold major meeting around legally reopening the nightlife sector

webfact

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

The meeting urged the government’s consideration of including entertainment venues, including pubs, bars, karaoke lounges, nightclubs, etc. in the SHA+ qualification

SHA+ is essentially a barrier to starting a business for low-class Thai entrepreneurs.  These 'leaders' will use ecomonics to separate the low and middle class from participating in the New Normal Thailand entertainment scene.
Anyway - I'm trying imagine what rules they implement and how they manage a SHA+ Shower Massage.  :thumbsup:
Just engaging in the mental exercise is rather entertaining.  <laughs>
"Uhhh, could you ask Number 23 to take off her mask for a moment?  Ekk no! - Girl-mustache!!!  How about Number 42?  Ahh much better!"

16 hours ago, connda said:

SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration) Nightlife New Normal is the equivalent to putting makeup and lipstick on a pig carcass.  It's dead - bury it an move on. 

Pattaya just cannot get out of the gutter.

SHA+ Go-go bars... Jeez

13 hours ago, topt said:

I am struggling with why you bothered to post considering it's about Pattaya and not Chiang Mai and you said  

A lot of people In Pattaya, especially the operators and their workers, probably care quite a bit.......

Well said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's what people came for. In the days when people came.

Came= past tense,

things have changed and Pattaya has to change, upgrade the seedy side shows to up town eateries for families.

The girls can stay online or the streets.

9 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Came= past tense,

things have changed and Pattaya has to change, upgrade the seedy side shows to up town eateries for families.

The girls can stay online or the streets.

In other words, make it the same as everywhere else. Not much of a selling point.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, connda said:

SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration) Nightlife New Normal is the equivalent to putting makeup and lipstick on a pig carcass.  It's dead - bury it an move on.  Like to Mexico.

I really don't care much.  Life out in the rice fields and villages is pretty much the same as it's always been except for wearing masks, and even that is beginning to wear thin.
And for those bi-monthly trips into Chiang Mai?  Traffic and parking are now manageable when I need to do shopping at the pharmacy or at Kasem market or if we are visiting friends.  I sort of like New Normal Old-Town Chiang Mai.  Very mellow nowadays.  I used to have fun at the bar scene 10 years ago.  Village life now appeals to me more.

yep same here

On 1/31/2022 at 2:05 PM, connda said:

SHA+ (Safety and Health Administration) Nightlife New Normal is the equivalent to putting makeup and lipstick on a pig carcass.  It's dead - bury it an move on.  Like to Mexico.

I really don't care much.  Life out in the rice fields and villages is pretty much the same as it's always been except for wearing masks, and even that is beginning to wear thin.
And for those bi-monthly trips into Chiang Mai?  Traffic and parking are now manageable when I need to do shopping at the pharmacy or at Kasem market or if we are visiting friends.  I sort of like New Normal Old-Town Chiang Mai.  Very mellow nowadays.  I used to have fun at the bar scene 10 years ago.  Village life now appeals to me more.

Are you at all concerned about the rising poverty that a failed tourism industry would create here?  Tourism accounts for approximately 17% of Thailand's GDP.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Taylor said:

Good luck to you all, not sure how you can argue against the govt. Their position makes no sense and they are sticking to it. Like I say good luck.

Probably see the large protests start up again in the next few months.  

• Haha 2

On 2/4/2022 at 5:55 PM, Leaver said:

Are you at all concerned about the rising poverty that a failed tourism industry would create here?  Tourism accounts for approximately 17% of Thailand's GDP.  

Perhaps it did 2 or 3 years ago, but it has almost completely collapsed nowadays thanks to an over zealous government who really don't care.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:33 AM, billd766 said:

Perhaps it did 2 or 3 years ago, but it has almost completely collapsed nowadays thanks to an over zealous government who really don't care.

17% of GDP is a lot, but what is not reflected in that percentage are the millions, yes millions, of Thai's the tourism sector employs, either directly, or indirectly.  

I am sure many of them will be more than happy to join protests in the near future, when in the past, they never would have considered protesting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

17% of GDP is a lot, but what is not reflected in that percentage are the millions, yes millions, of Thai's the tourism sector employs, either directly, or indirectly.  

I am sure many of them will be more than happy to join protests in the near future, when in the past, they never would have considered protesting.  

Whilst they may want to join the protests in BKK, If they have gone back home up country they may have a problem returning possibly because they will be short of money for the bus fare back, for food and for somewhere to stay if the protest becomes longer term.

I understand that millions are unemployed and could be wanting to join the protests but the logistics of getting there and surviving will be high without support.

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Whilst they may want to join the protests in BKK, If they have gone back home up country they may have a problem returning possibly because they will be short of money for the bus fare back, for food and for somewhere to stay if the protest becomes longer term.

I understand that millions are unemployed and could be wanting to join the protests but the logistics of getting there and surviving will be high without support.

I wasn't talking about next week.  I am talking about in the second half of this year, and the protests will not only be in Bangkok.  

Many Thai people have a legitimate grievance with the way their government has not taken care of them during covid, not to mention the illegitimate way this current government has taken power. 

What started as student protests will grow bigger, as angry Thai people vent their disdain for their government. 

Given many are now broke, with little to nothing to lose, it's possible the protests will turn violent.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

What started as student protests will grow bigger, as angry Thai people vent their disdain for their government. 

Given many are now broke, with little to nothing to lose, it's possible the protests will turn violent.   

Your opinion only which means very likely to be the complete opposite to what will actually pan out.

17 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Your opinion only which means very likely to be the complete opposite to what will actually pan out.

Once again, no content from you.  Only personal attacks.

There were protests pre covid, and some during covid.  Do you think that disharmony went away?

Play the post, not the poster.  Obviously, you have no thoughts and / or opinions of your own.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

I wasn't talking about next week.  I am talking about in the second half of this year, and the protests will not only be in Bangkok.  

Many Thai people have a legitimate grievance with the way their government has not taken care of them during covid, not to mention the illegitimate way this current government has taken power. 

I agree with you 100%.

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2022 at 5:14 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

It was already happening in 2020, or do you forget?

Do you think the protestors are now happy because this Thai government has finally "brought peace and harmony to the Thai people?"  ????

• Confused 1