Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Just now, LosLobo said:

Where have I deviated from the facts. Nothing is confirmed yet as this is only a preliminary US assessment.

"The missile that crashed in Poland on Tuesday, killing two people, was from a Ukrainian air-defense system, according to two senior Western officials briefed on preliminary U.S. assessments, but Poland is continuing its own investigation of the explosion."

Missile That Hit Poland Likely Launched by Ukraine in Air Defense, Western Officials Say - WSJ

wouldn't surprised me if Lukashenko had something to do with it, he's a Vlad proxy

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

cause .... who started the war = Russia, shooting missiles all over Ukraine regardless of any collateral damages

effect... innocent people being killed, neighboring countries and the entire world population being negatively affected by his madness

Yes, but the missile in question was  Ukrainian missile fired by Ukraine that hit Poland 

9 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

A missile intended to shoot down a Russian missile. If the Russians hadn’t fired that missile at Ukraine, there would have been no need for Ukraine to fire their anti-missile missile. 

Yes, but the missile fired into Poland was a Ukrainian missile fired by Ukraine .

But yes,  Ukraine was firing their missile at a Russian missile 

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh, ( if that is true ), the irony.

I fail to see the irony? Russia was carrying out war crimes, striking civilian infrastructure, cutting power and water, the Ukraine air defense systems did their job and it may be that a stray missile landed in Poland as a consequence. It has not yet been established as the investigation is not complete but collateral damage could certainly be a possibility.

Foreign Sec James Cleverly says he agrees with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg that what occurred in Poland was "not Ukraine's fault and that Russia bears the ultimate responsibility"

• Thumbs Up 2

Exactly Brian it was an accident the missile that hit the Russian missile was Ukrainian as our defense secretary said if Russia wasn't firing missiles into Ukraine no missiles would have hit Poland Russia is to blame because there firing missiles into Ukraine so they have to be shot down. 

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, but the missile in question was  Ukrainian missile fired by Ukraine that hit Poland 

The consensus seems to be that it was indeed a Ukrainian missile. Certainly Biden was on tv and he was not disagreeing with that conclusion, though he did say something about waiting and seeing.

Of course the Ukrainian president is saying it is Russian, as IMO he is desperately trying to get NATO involved in the war. So far they have resisted, and I hope they continue to do so, bar what they are already doing.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

and Ukraine did that Be CAUSE ... turn it any way you want, still Vlad's fault

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 2:45 AM, rudi49jr said:

Two Russian missiles hit NATO member Poland, killing at least two people. The sh*t may have just hit the fan…..

Apart of it that it wasn't by Russians, even one people killed is one too many. Recently, we have not heard much about civilian casualties daily (beside the military ones). However, almost every day we hear about civilian casualties from other parts of world, either by missiles or shot on the street. And in those cases there is no such enragement, nor any articles invoking. Wondering why...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Ukrainian intelligence have been listening in on phone calls Russian soldiers make to their loved ones back home. Here’s one such conversation you won’t forget in a hurry. 

Gulp! This is really scary! 

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

can you please stop with the But's and If's as they only exist in your mind.... Vlad started the war without any reason, thus only one side to blame and you know whom that is...., let's refresh your memory,  it's RUSSIA

I wasn't saying that Russia didn't start the war , I fully agree with that .

What I am saying is that the rocket in question was fired by Ukraine , Ukraine fired the rocket .

(And BTW , you tell me to stop using the word "if" , when I didnt even use that word in my post ????

Did this rocket identify itself as a Russian rocket ?

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

and Ukraine did that Be CAUSE ... turn it any way you want, still Vlad's fault

Always is someone else fault , no one takes responsibility for their actions these days .

NATO are furious with Ukraine , because Ukraine are denying firing that missile , NATO fully accept it was an accident , but they are furious about Ukraine's dishonesty .

Looks like Ukraine are trying to say it was a Russian rocket and trying to drag NATO into the war , which makes it appear to be a false flag operation .

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Always is someone else fault , no one takes responsibility for their actions these days .

NATO are furious with Ukraine , because Ukraine are denying firing that missile , NATO fully accept it was an accident , but they are furious about Ukraine's dishonesty .

Looks like Ukraine are trying to say it was a Russian rocket and trying to drag NATO into the war , which makes it appear to be a false flag operation .

Actually its Poland that say its a Russian made rocket. The investigation is still not over, where do you get the info that NATO are furious?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually its Poland that say its a Russian made rocket. The investigation is still not over, where do you get the info that NATO are furious?

Errrrm , I read it in the news .

I suppose that you want  link ?

I will go and get a link and add it to my post when I find a link 

20 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

NATO row breaks out as Zelensky savaged for 'destructive lies' over Poland missile

NATO and Ukraine found themselves at odds at an urgent meeting on Wednesday, it has been revealed, as Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" a missile that killed two people after landing in Poland near the Ukrainian border was not of Ukrainian origin. NATO, Warsaw and the US all said they believed the missile was "likely" fired by Ukraine in order to defend themselves against Russian missiles, with the alliance's secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg making clear that it was "not Ukraine's fault", as the firing of the missile was "the direct result" of Putin's invasion of the country.

But Mr Zelensky would not budge on the issue, insisting that a report he received from the incident left him certain that it was "not our missile or our missile strike".

NATO row breaks out as Zelensky savaged for 'destructive lies' over Poland missile (msn.com)

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Good idea, claiming that NATO are furious at Ukraine's dishonesty needs substantiating

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

NATO row breaks out as Zelensky savaged for 'destructive lies' over Poland missile

NATO and Ukraine found themselves at odds at an urgent meeting on Wednesday, it has been revealed, as Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" a missile that killed two people after landing in Poland near the Ukrainian border was not of Ukrainian origin. NATO, Warsaw and the US all said they believed the missile was "likely" fired by Ukraine in order to defend themselves against Russian missiles, with the alliance's secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg making clear that it was "not Ukraine's fault", as the firing of the missile was "the direct result" of Putin's invasion of the country.

But Mr Zelensky would not budge on the issue, insisting that a report he received from the incident left him certain that it was "not our missile or our missile strike".

His statements have reportedly irked at least one Kyiv-based diplomat from a NATO country, who told the Financial Times: "This is getting ridiculous. The Ukrainians are destroying [our] confidence in them. Nobody is blaming Ukraine and they are openly lying. This is more destructive than the missile."

NATO row breaks out as Zelensky savaged for 'destructive lies' over Poland missile (msn.com)

Thanks for an opinion piece:

Opinion by Charles Harrison

That quotes an unnamed Kyiv based diplomat.

So your claim below which is what I asked for is still unsubstantiated. (my highlights)

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thanks for an opinion piece:

Opinion by Charles Harrison

That quotes an unnamed Kyiv based diplomat.

So your claim below which is what I asked for is still unsubstantiated.

Ukraine and western allies at odds over missile that exploded in Poland

President Zelenskyy disputes view of Nato, Warsaw and US that weapon was likely fired by Kyiv’s air defence forces

A disagreement broke out on Wednesday between Ukraine and its western allies over who launched a missile that exploded in Poland, with Nato, Warsaw and the US saying the weapon was likely fired by Kyiv’s air defence forces during a Russian attack. Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskyy disputed this, insisting he had “no doubt” the missile that landed in the village of Przewodów near the Ukrainian border on Tuesday afternoon, killing two people, was not a Ukrainian missile.

https://www.ft.com/content/d417ea8f-62ee-4bb8-966b-a85a98fc6b3a

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 1