Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Ukraine says Russia holds 400 hospital patients and staff hostage in Mariupol, bombardment of Kyiv continues

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-16/ukraine-says-russia-holds-400-hospital-patients-staff-hostage/100912918

The acts of extreme cruelty, I hope the leaders of the invaders end up before a war crimes tribunal. Including the lead maniac.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Yes, sorry about that. The President of Ukraine and government are a little busy at the moment fighting off hordes of Russian Orcs. When they are free, I am sure they will arrange to send you the documentary evidence you require.  ????????

Everything is posted on social media now. If Russian soldiers were being killed behind the lines, we would know about it. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, balo said:

In case you missed it. From Russian state TV,  She was arrested and is now out on bail. 

Do not be surprised if she is poisoned which I think is a favourite method of retaliation by KGB for those who transgress, especially reporters.

• Like 1

Their offensive is struggling due to the losses Russia has suffered. The latest UK intel:

Russia is increasingly seeking to generate additional troops to bolster and replace its personnel losses in Ukraine. As a result of these losses it is likely Russia is struggling to conduct offensive operations in the face of sustained Ukrainian resistance. Continued personnel losses will also make it difficult for Russia to secure occupied territory. Russia is redeploying forces from as far afield as its Eastern Military District, Pacific Fleet and Armenia. It is also increasingly seeking to exploit irregular sources such as Private Military Companies, Syrian and other mercenaries.

Russia will likely attempt to use these forces to hold captured territory and free up its combat power to renew stalled offensive operations.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Remember you said Putin was on a peacekeeping mission only? how's that going?

I hope not for much longer the sooner Putin is stopped in whatever way without esculating the war the better. 

35 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I'm not on anybody side if my opinion offends you sorry, as I have quoted from the start if there's anything disgusting here it's cheering on the death and destruction of a country. 

The loss of life on both sides is a tragedy the sooner the invasion stops the better. 

Nobody here is ‘cheering the death and destruction of a country’.

You are arguing for the complete surrender of a free people in a sovereign nation to an murderous villain who has ordered an illegal and unprovoked invasion of that sovereign  nation.

You seem, for some reason, to believe the Ukrainian’s are bringing death upon themselves (victim blaming) for not surrendering in the face of this illegal unprovoked invasion of their sovereign nation and that somehow they might consider it a good idea to surrender to an invading army that is targeting civilians and committing numerous atrocities and war crimes.

It’s not at all unreasonable for anyone viewing the combined sense and direction of your posts to conclude you are actively promoting the aims and objectives of Putin’s criminal invasion.

You sir protest your ‘Bothsideism’ a little too much.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nobody here is ‘cheering the death and destruction of a country’.

You are arguing for the complete surrender of a free people in a sovereign nation to an murderous villain who has ordered an illegal and unprovoked invasion of that sovereign  nation.

You seem, for some reason, to believe the Ukrainian’s are bringing death upon themselves (victim blaming) for not surrendering in the face of this illegal unprovoked invasion of their sovereign nation and that somehow they might consider it a good idea to surrender to an invading army that is targeting civilians and committing numerous atrocities and war crimes.

It’s not at all unreasonable for anyone viewing the combined sense and direction of your posts to conclude you are actively promoting the aims and objectives of Putin’s criminal invasion.

You sir protest your ‘Bothsideism’ a little too much.

I know now that wanted to stop the death of people on both sides is a terrible thing to say thanks for pointing that out. 

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I know now that wanted to stop the death of people on both sides is a terrible thing to say thanks for pointing that out. 

stopping deaths by asking Ukraine to surrender to Russian tyranny is crazy.

it's like saving Planet Earth's climate by killing all humans.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, tgw said:

stopping deaths by asking Ukraine to surrender to Russian tyranny is crazy.

it's like saving Planet Earth's climate by killing all humans.

or scre++ng for virginity

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The death of people on both sides started with Russia’s illegal and unprovoked invasion,

I don’t see much criticism of that from you.

People will naturally fight to defend their homeland, the Ukrainians are clearly doing so and will continue to do so. 

This is a reality you fail to address.

All the quotes about my opinion and actuations of how I think if it helps you fine. 

So I haven't condemned Russia's and Putin attack in any of my quotes OK. 

As I said Ukrainians President is started to back down and will agree to a no-join NATO agreement. 

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

All the quotes about my opinion and actuations of how I think if it helps you fine. 

So I haven't condemned Russia's and Putin attack in any of my quotes OK. 

As I said Ukrainians President is started to back down and will agree to a no-join NATO agreement. 

Weird wording, "Ukrainians President is started to back down"

All he's done is hint that the goal of Ukraine joining NATO is not on the cards "we heard we could not join, its the truth and it must be recognized"

With that realistic statement it does not in anyway shape or form say he is backing down. It is hinting that this may form part of the peace deal negotiations from the Ukrainian side, there are many others and we still need to see what Russia is also negotiating on from their side.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Do not be surprised if she is poisoned which I think is a favourite method of retaliation by KGB for those who transgress, especially reporters.

Actually, she has been released. But can you believe it?

Why they did not let her speak freely on TV, like the cases when Bush, Obama, others were heckled? Who will remember the Iraqi guy who had welcome GWB when visiting in Iraq?

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

In WW2 there were something like 35 million refugees.

Tell us something how the 35 millions had easily escaped through the territories war ravaging? Especially in Ukraine areas with the Nazi affiliated armies (Bandera, nowadays a National Hero recognized by Poroshenko).

Actually, the only big refugee corridor during WW2 was organized with Nazi regime by a Swedish Count Folke Bernadotte, bringing many thousands of (not only) Scandinavian refugees, mostly Jewish, to Palestine, with famous White Busses.    

How the poor Count ended up when he was sent by UN to mediate Palestine-Israel in 1948? (Google is your friend).

19 hours ago, ozimoron said:

In WW2 there were something like 35 million refugees.

16 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The poster @Saanim who brought this up seemed to be a little confused in his post:

BTW, 2.7 millions have left within 2 weeks via humanitarian corridors? By trains, by buses, by cars. Were they attacked on the way? 

That's something what the world has not experienced in the former wars, not even in the wars of last 70 years or so.

Have we ever heard about such humanitarian corridors?

I am not the one who is "confused". Enlighten us, how the humanitarian corridors worked during Yugoslavian war? And I do not dare to mention how the Iraqi refugee were allowed to escape (how many millions) when they were liberated from their dictator?

Or m 

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People will naturally fight to defend their homeland, the Ukrainians are clearly doing so and will continue to do so. 

That's why it was ordered that no man 18 - 60 yo is allowed to emigrate (by way of the humanitarian corridor)... 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Saanim said:

I am not the one who is "confused". Enlighten us, how the humanitarian corridors worked during Yugoslavian war? And I do not dare to mention how the Iraqi refugee were allowed to escape (how many millions) when they were liberated from their dictator?

Or m 

This is not about the humanitarian corridors in during the Yugoslavian war, I told you that you were confused. Read my post again slowly but if you decide to respond then do so with the full quote instead of taking my replies out of context which is against forum rules.

38 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Weird wording, "Ukrainians President is started to back down"

All he's done is hint that the goal of Ukraine joining NATO is not on the cards "we heard we could not join, its the truth and it must be recognized"

With that realistic statement it does not in anyway shape or form say he is backing down. It is hinting that this may form part of the peace deal negotiations from the Ukrainian side, there are many others and we still need to see what Russia is also negotiating on from their side.

A France 24 translation report this morning of how understood it.

31 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Tell us something how the 35 millions had easily escaped through the territories war ravaging? Especially in Ukraine areas with the Nazi affiliated armies (Bandera, nowadays a National Hero recognized by Poroshenko).

From Wikipedia:

On 22 January 2010, the outgoing President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko awarded Bandera the posthumous title of Hero of Ukraine. The European Parliament condemned the award, as did Russia, Polish, and Jewish politicians and organizations. The incoming president Viktor Yanukovych declared the award illegal, since Bandera was never a citizen of Ukraine, a stipulation necessary for getting the award. This announcement was confirmed by a court decision in April 2010. In January 2011, the award was officially annulled. A proposal to confer the award on Bandera was rejected by the Ukrainian parliament in August 2019.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 2