"Me love you long time "

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Confirms what I've always thought: most guys here can't afford a proper Thai lady. I can understand the underlying as they came here believing things would be easier then back home, only to discover that here life is.. just life.

I've had a series of very attractive live-in 'gf's in their early 30s (20+ years younger than me).

Very much easier than the UK where I couldn't even keep one my own age.

I don't believe it's easier here, I know it's easier.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I paid no SinSod when I married my now Thai Ex-wife, lasted 10 years and fathered 1 child, who I adore and take care of and she is in the US now. 

Is that the one who dumped you in the US and ran off with a guy with A LOT more money or is that a different one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

So for a proper lady how many millions are you willing to give them to stay with you, my answer in my post showed how I felt about that.  Absolutely Zero, I paid no SinSod when I married my now Thai Ex-wife, lasted 10 years and fathered 1 child, who I adore and take care of and she is in the US now.  I do not play the BS games that many do and is what your comment went on about.  Everyone has made a mistake or so in their lives, but playing Captain Save a HO or a Bail me out of Issan Knight is not the norm with the friends I have here in the country.  A relationship goes both ways and is a 50/50 exchange of work between the parties, not 100/0, 75/25.  Compatibility does not always occur.

You see, the "Absolutely Zero" was most probably the problem in your  relationship, it showed that you were unwilling to make any effort to adjust to local traditions, 

Neither my wife nor I were keen on a village marriage, so we decided not to have one, but I paid 800K to the ILs so they could build a decent house (SIL contributed too). 800k wasn't much for me in those years, a bit over a month of salary. Now we have agreed that if I am still alive on March 19, 2029, our 20th boom boom anniversary (we met on March 16 ????) we'll have some village celebration). She's great fun, isn't she?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Is that the one who dumped you in the US and ran off with a guy with A LOT more money or is that a different one?

Same one,she wanted a true multi millionaire.....All good I lost barely anything in the end. So all good. Not dumped per se, but cheated on and so I divorced her setting her free.

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 6/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, Boomer6969 said:

For me the "long time" so far has lasted 13 years, and still going. 

Thai women are unique in that they will live you to death.

In other words, some will stay with you until your end. What they do after that, you don’t want to know.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Thai women are unique in that they will live you to death.

In other words, some will stay with you until your end. What they do after that, you don’t want to know.

Being 26 years older than the wife, I told her to remarry.

She said the last thing she wants is another man in her life......that quite upset me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Being 26 years older than the wife, I told her to remarry.

She said the last thing she wants is another man in her life......that quite upset me.

Send her my picture and soon she will change her mind and even kick you out.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The question is: how much time between marriage and things going bad?

Didn't realise it at the time but with hindsight it was pretty much within a few years. Just carried on not realising what was happening. It took about 12 years before I woke up and decided to take action. Got plans in place. Left and was persuaded to go back. Went back and things were ok for a few months. Then she started again (coersive control, irrational behaviour). Stuck around for another year and planned my exit (rented a flat, got some cash together etc.). Waited until my son was in his second year at boarding school - aged 12 - then left for good and started the divorce. This all in the UK as we never lived in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I can envisage the phrase  "Hansum Man, I luv u long time" seconds before his little brain responds with "I will never look at a white woman again" LOL

pattaya-thailand.jpg

"No . She wasn't a prostitute , I just met her in  a bar and she was well up for it , she was so attracted to me, we had sex on the first night, she couldnt wait to get home and I didn't even pay her for sex, just gave her 1500 Baht to get a taxi home "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:59 AM, Boomer6969 said:

For me the "long time" so far has lasted 13 years, and still going. 

Same for me, but 12 years in our case.

I saw a great pair of legs, she saw someone she wanted to look after so well I'd never let her go.

She's still an exotic beauty, I'm still being looked after.  

14 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I can envisage the phrase  "Hansum Man, I luv u long time" seconds before his little brain responds with "I will never look at a white woman again" LOL

pattaya-thailand.jpg

Girls with Daddy issues, how I love this country.. 

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Girls with Daddy issues, how I love this country.. 

Whilst possibly said in jest there is possibly an underlying significant level of truth in that statement considering that most Thai males are only interested in themselves, shirk any form of responsibility, sponge of their wives and girlfriends for money and as soon as their partner is pregnant/has a child then they disappear leaving the poor child without  a  Father. So yes perhaps they are looking for a "Daddy" figure to compensate for their not having one whilst children. And let's face it any foreigner young or old are better father figures then a Thai man generally. Of course there are exceptions, but very rare ones.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I saw a great pair of legs

That might be the key, some of us manage the see what can be beyond those legs,

Also, we produced to adorable little girls, becoming a family helps. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Excel said:

Whilst possibly said in jest there is possibly an underlying significant level of truth in that statement considering that most Thai males are only interested in themselves, shirk any form of responsibility, sponge of their wives and girlfriends for money and as soon as their partner is pregnant/has a child then they disappear leaving the poor child without  a  Father. So yes perhaps they are looking for a "Daddy" figure to compensate for their not having one whilst children. And let's face it any foreigner young or old are better father figures then a Thai man generally. Of course there are exceptions, but very rare ones.

You do know my posting habits.  Everything you said is pretty much spot on in my view, I only know of 2 Thais who never shirked their responsibilities, and that was my now ex-FIL, and ex-BIL, they are true family men and are still friends of mine today as they did not agree with what my now ex-wife did, but they still reap those benefits......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Excel said:

Yes, I think you're right - that can be a factor .... although in our 'long time' relationship the roles can switch depending on circumstances. 

She's like a daughter when I'm showing her new experiences, like her first flight to a foreign country, or first time she saw snow, then she swaps to Mother mode at meal times or when I injure myself doing something daft, and in bed she's in hot girlfriend mode ????

• Like 1