Ironic double whammy: Crashed army helicopter has an accident on the Thai roads!

webfact

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

Now, when you are driving on thai roads, you must stay vigilant to look left-right-behind-front…and UP!

In the UK last year I was out for a walk and I had to cross next to a roundabout. I looked to my right before I crossed to the centre Island as that's where the traffic would be coming. Just a I was about to step into the road I glanced to my right and saw a van coming the wrong way and stopped just in time. 

I put that down to living here and looking everywhere. 

• Like 2

To save money, they used the Pilot of the original crash as the Driver of the flatbed transporting the chopper to repair shop..............or maybe the Army has this problem??    The lack of skilled pilots is now causing chaos at our airports     TIT

Edited by TunnelRat69

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The military can't have too many choppers left in the air...

No doubt more will be arriving soon for the illustrious RTF and RTA pilots to take charge....

Yes Blackhawks aren't cheap, and Thailand don't have many but at least the pilot didn't go down with it.

I've had to catch a helicopter once a month for years in many countries, including Thailand.

It's always a scary trip, what makes it worse is you're buckled up for the trip, no going to the toilet, no alcohol.

Angola was a 3 hour journey. 

You can't think, worry about things you can't control, failures, Incompetence. 

You got to put those thoughts elsewhere. 

Over the years, been quite a few choppers go down in the north sea. 

FB_IMG_1658130483385.jpg

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

The military can't have too many choppers left in the air...

No doubt more will be arriving soon for the illustrious RTF and RTA pilots to take charge....

Since half of the uniformed Thais are flashing a shining badge of wings it shouldn't be a problem..

• Haha 1