Why do Thai people giggle when I tell them I'm about to go visit Isaan ?

Baron Samedi

8 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It would be better to ask the person as to why they giggled , how would you expect other people to know why a certain person giggled about something ?

They are simple people! Don't let it worry you!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It would be better to ask the person as to why they giggled , how would you expect other people to know why a certain person giggled about something ?

Perhaps they have developed gigglitis which I heard from the most reliable source's possible Tucker Carlson and Dr Joe Rogan, is a lasting side effect of covid 19 and comes about because people refused to take horse dewormer to cure the original condition hahaha ????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Issan has a reputation for being undeveloped and primitive , rather like a tourist going to the USA and telling the taxi driver " I am going to the Mid West and staying in a trailer park for two weeks ,my friends got a lovely six wheeler that I bought for her and I will be staying with her* 

"She said she needed me to come and play with her buffalo". 

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Not only a reputation, a fact in IMHO. Corrupt, lazy and uneducated. Whenever I go to Bangkok I feel like I am back to the normal world.

So what's wrong with being 'Corrupt, lazy and uneducated'?

Sure there is corruption, Don't know many places where there is not any. But for the farang it's mostly their own family.

Lazy? Would you want to work in the hot sun after a meal of snails washed down with a bottle of Lao Khow?

Some are uneducated. But they know how to look after buffaloes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

nothing wrong with Issan

one of my favourite provinces to visit.

you can get fleeced anywhere in Thailand.  Issan is no worse.

just be sensible

Hi. FYI. As far as we all know Isaan is NOT a province of Thailand. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

So what's wrong with being 'Corrupt, lazy and uneducated'?

Sure there is corruption, Don't know many places where there is not any. But for the farang it's mostly their own family.

Lazy? Would you want to work in the hot sun after a meal of snails washed down with a bottle of Lao Khow?

Some are uneducated. But they know how to look after buffaloes.

IME Isaan women have the reputation of being hard workers. The few I have met tend to confirm that observation.

I know one who is partnered with a Canadian who is Olympic class for laziness. It's a perfect match, she can't sit still for 5 minutes without wanting to work on something. He says it makes him tired just watching her.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Hi. FYI. As far as we all know Isaan is NOT a province of Thailand. 

Lol ..

Issan residents are lazy and uneducated? Ready to rip you off at any moment; corrupt, primitive?

All those educated westerners got their lessons  from those YouTube videos that start “When I go to the village ..” go on to talk about  “.. a farm girl” and end with “.. i’m happy to be home .. all that sitting on the floor..” 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Issan has a reputation for being undeveloped and primitive , rather like a tourist going to the USA and telling the taxi driver " I am going to the Mid West and staying in a trailer park for two weeks ,my friends got a lovely six wheeler that I bought for her and I will be staying with her* 

Seems you know the Midwest better than Isaan ????