What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

Watched the first two episodes of Justified City Primeval, not good! The daughter and poor writing kills it. 

Shant be watching anymore of it, so disappointed, I should have read IMDB genuine reviews first......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Thanks. Better you wasted the time than me. I was thinking about the last Nicholas Cage movie I saw that was watchable. Can't seem  to find it. Cage had the ability to replay time and modify his actions to achieve the result he was looking for. Maybe someone else can identify it. 

The last "watchable" Nicholas Cage movie, for me anyway, was "Lord of War".....not great, but not bad!

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

Thanks. Better you wasted the time than me. I was thinking about the last Nicholas Cage movie I saw that was watchable. Can't seem  to find it. Cage had the ability to replay time and modify his actions to achieve the result he was looking for. Maybe someone else can identify it. 

Next... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435705/

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/29/2023 at 9:49 AM, Will27 said:

Season 2 of  C'est comme ça que je t'aime out now.

TPB

This is a really good show.

Sorry, couldn't find a trailer with English subs.

In a quiet suburb of Quebec City in 1974, two couples in crisis realize that their relationships are falling apart. Infidelity and betrayal are exposed and a sequence of unexpected events will transform both couples into murderers.

Cheers, as always .. can't beat a show with a handlebar mustache's, muscle car and flares.

But you had me scratching my head .. I couldn't find it, never heard of it.

Its got an English title, Happily Married 

https://thetvdb.com/series/cest-comme-ca-que-je-taime

I had been looking for a new crime show, I was struggling through the first season of Mocro Mafia until the final 2 and was hooked and finished the available shows.

How To .. With John Wilson is back @Jingthing

This may be interesting Full Circle https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15303234/ I'm not too sure yet, thehandheld camera work to give that realistic effect may put me off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

The last "watchable" Nicholas Cage movie, for me anyway, was "Lord of War".....not great, but not bad!

They have a Lords of War 2 on the table, and will be good to see Cage back in a straight role, instead of always being cast as a wacko.

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

How can you tell which are genuine? 

I always have a look at the person profile, if just joined with the one review straight after release, can often be suspicious, maybe family or friends  ????

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

Just looked at the imdb rating of  Sympathy for the Devil  and it has dropped to 5.8 so seems most people agree with you.

I enjoyed The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent but more for the fact it seem to be Nicholas Cage making a joke of himself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mother Undercover

Follows four moms who take extraordinary measures to save and shield their kids from crimes like murder, international kidnapping, mass suicides, and judicial corruption.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 9:43 AM, Rimmer said:

Watched the first two episodes of Justified City Primeval, not good! The daughter and poor writing kills it. 

Shant be watching anymore of it, so disappointed, I should have read IMDB genuine reviews first......

I agree. It looks like pure nepotism giving his daughter a major part. Will Smith made the same mistake casting his son with him in a huge flop.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 9:31 AM, gargamon said:

I think Matchstick Men was one of his better efforts.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325805/

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I agree. It looks like pure nepotism giving his daughter a major part. Will Smith made the same mistake casting his son with him in a huge flop.

Not seeing what y'all are crying about.  Added a human side to his character, and didn't take anything away from the plot lines.  She's only cast in the 3 eps already released:

image.png.afd73d898b8a629e29a9d4a6d3ce8cfe.png

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not seeing what y'all are crying about.  Added a human side to his character, and didn't take anything away from the plot lines.  She's only cast in the 3 eps already released:

image.png.afd73d898b8a629e29a9d4a6d3ce8cfe.png

Nobodies crying, it's called having an opinion.

Watched a BBC iPlayer doco called, "Shadow of Truth" and although it drags on a bit through 5 episodes, it really is astounding and shocking in equal measure. 

Would you trust the police and legal system after watching this?

WHITE NOISE -- Absurdist Literary DeLillo Novel adapted to film

Starring the very talented Adam Driver. Definitely held my attention. Better baked.

Have a rave review (trailer in clip):

White Noise review – Don DeLillo adaptation is a blackly comic blast | Film | The Guardian

The closing song (not really representative of the film but a classic):

• Haha 1

Two episodes in and really enjoying this one.

TPB with HC subs.

A journey back in time to the turmoil of the 1980s, when the Brabant Killers sowed terror in Belgium.

For some reason I can't post the trailer from Dailymotion.

Edited by Will27
  • Thanks 1

The last episode of the current TV Series of Hijack with Idris Elba dropped last night.

The series has be a must-see for myself and friends over the past month or so.

For anyone who hasn't watched yet I suggest that the initial critics review of a high 6/10 was inaccurate and it should have been 8/10.

There is even the possibility of a second season.

'Hijack' Season 2 Rumors, Release Date, Cast, News (menshealth.com)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The last episode of the current TV Series of Hijack with Idris Elba dropped last night.

The series has be a must-see for myself and friends over the past month or so.

For anyone who hasn't watched yet I suggest that the initial critics review of a high 6/10 was inaccurate and it should have been 8/10.

There is even the possibility of a second season.

'Hijack' Season 2 Rumors, Release Date, Cast, News (menshealth.com)

I'm going to agree with the 6 ish /10 rating, as it's a slow burn.  First half of 'character building' crawls along.  Action and twists pick up in latter half, and almost worth the wait.  Overall good, but be patient.

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I'm going to agree with the 6 ish /10 rating, as it's a slow burn.  First half of 'character building' crawls along.  Action and twists pick up in latter half, and almost worth the wait.  Overall good, but be patient.

Episode 6 got an 8.3/10 on IMDb and overall an 7.7/10 but I suggest it will go higher when episode 7 gets fully addressed.

Different strokes..... 

Hijack (TV Series 2023– ) - IMDb

Edited by LosLobo