Thai ministers to welcome first group of Chinese tourists on Monday

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

about 338 flights from China will fly into Suvarnabhumi airport, including 98 in January, 144 in February and 96 in March.

Carrying thousands of passengers with over 50% infection rates according to tests on planes into at least two countries last week.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Did Anutin & Co. attend in person and welcome the first wave of Farangs after covid measures were eased? Chinese rule! 

No, but they are a far more important group, related to tourism, then the ones you call foreigners. Maybe that´s why they go in person. To make it simple enough fopr you, we can take an example. If you win 10 000 baht in a lottery, you will get fairly happy. If you win 30 000 000 baht, you might be pictured with receiving a check on stage from a well known person.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Health Minister Anutin will check their covid vax, Transport Minister Chidchob will advise them about Thailands Zebra crossings and Sports Minister Phiphat will entertain them with cartwheels while they wait in line.

And TAT will be bangin' their calculator with more 0's in front of the decimal point.????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Will we be able to recognise Anutin and the others in their PPE attire welcoming their virus free guests......LOL

961 Wearing Ppe Kit Images, Stock Photos & Vectors ...

Should be able to recognise Anutin.

He will be the clown getting his 26th booster in the arrivals lounge.????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ross163103 said:

This Thai govt is pretty sickening how they bow to the Chinese. I guess the yuan is more important than Thai people's lives. And of course when the deaths start climbing it will be excuses like, "You didn't get your proper amount of vaccinations", or "You didn't wear your masks enough or wash your hands enough, what can we do if you don't protect yourself?"

Yes, we will hear "Not my job, not my problem."????????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Carrying thousands of passengers with over 50% infection rates according to tests on planes into at least two countries last week.

They say over 5 million Chinese have been booked for Thailand in 2023 and this is just the start of the year. Oh my Buddha?

• Thumbs Up 1

From the link ThaiPBS world: "At Chiang Mai International Airport, the first direct flight from China will land on March 15th. There will be about 200 flights during the three-month period, with 42 flights in January, 84 in February and 74 in March." So when are flights coming to Chiang Mai from China? Are the flights in January coming via Hong Kong?

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

News on page 4 on Wednesday:

Thai Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob and Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakar have COVID-19 and will not be conducting their duties for 10 days. 

That would be hilarious.

It's doubtful as Anutin has previous on this during the height of the pandemic, when he was confirmed as positive after some overseas jolly, was meant to isolate for a week and was back only a couple of days later for an obviously too important to miss photo-op. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Health Minister Anutin will check their covid vax, Transport Minister Chidchob will advise them about Thailands Zebra crossings and Sports Minister Phiphat will entertain them with cartwheels while they wait in line.

And all when wearing full PPE.......????

I am glad that I will not be going to Thailand until next Winter. Maybe by then the endemic COVID variant will

be that weaker.  Only 6.7 Million people have officially died from COVID so far in the 3 years of COVID. 

Hopefully my general health will be good enough to once again travel abroad. Remember that there are lots of Chinese who are not vaccinated. 

I hope that none of the travelers are not carriers. Good Luck to all of you.