Foreigner Welcomes!

AustinRacing

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Bit of proof reading would not go amiss to change foreigner welcomes to foreigners welcome

The pharmacist speaks English quite well. I was surprised he’d approved it. Reminds me of my previous job where a new facility was purpose-built to impress foreign customers, English writing everywhere on the walls (mission statements, goals etc) and riddled with errors. The manager in charge looked at me, bursting with pride “what do you think na?”, expecting my approval. “You got a minute?”, I replied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I sign like that would scream 'overpriced' to me.

Was a local pharmacy at a mall (not Boots or Watsons), and all the local farangs raved about it on local forum.  They spoke English, so helpful & nice ...

... along with being 5-10X as much as the popular one the locals Thais used.

Believe it or not it’s much cheaper than mall pharmacies. It’s situated opposite government hospital. People cue at the front, usually not allowed to enter, staff stand by the door, about a meter high, taking orders. They carry stuff that some mall pharmacies don’t. It’s a proper pharmacy with no cosmetic stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Samut Sakhon almost opposite government hospital on Ekachai road. If you’re struggling to find a specialized medicine or using them regularly, maybe worth investigating. I buy blood pressure tablets in large quantities from there. About 50thb cheaper per strip, a box has 4 strips, a saving of 200. PS-I’m not affiliated with the pharmacy. 

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

You don't know this is an error.  They might have hired an elderly male foreigner as an official greeter to hug arriving customers.  Imagine a pharmacy having their very own hansum man on staff!

Foreigner Welcomes!

nah, you'd need an object...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

You don't know this is an error.  They might have hired an elderly male foreigner as an official greeter to hug arriving customers.  Imagine a pharmacy having their very own hansum man on staff!

Foreigner Welcomes!

It still means nothing in proper English.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Well, I would like to know where this pharmacy is, because I don't seem to be welcome at most of them, until I open my wallet.

Come to mine in Phitsanulok. Friendly & helpful, and I pay Thai prices. 

Same at Lotus's pharmacies as well.

Maybe it's YOU they don't like. 555

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why would my nationality or skin color or whatever matter?

Sometimes people have different feelings about certain nationalities or races and this affects how they treat them, regardless of what the actual individual is like as a person.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

The pharmacist speaks English quite well. I was surprised he’d approved it. Reminds me of my previous job where a new facility was purpose-built to impress foreign customers, English writing everywhere on the walls (mission statements, goals etc) and riddled with errors. The manager in charge looked at me, bursting with pride “what do you think na?”, expecting my approval. “You got a minute?”, I replied. 

I speak Thai reasonably well but I'm hopeless at reading and forget about writing it.

If you've got another minute, let the pharmacist know you've highlighted his business in the English language media.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sometimes people have different feelings about certain nationalities or races and this affects how they treat them, regardless of what the actual individual is like as a person.

Always treated well. They are just doing a job.

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I sign like that would scream 'overpriced' to me.

Was a local pharmacy at a mall (not Boots or Watsons), and all the local farangs raved about it on local forum.  They spoke English, so helpful & nice ...

... along with being 5-10X as much as the popular one the locals Thais used.

Often, when I go to Boots or Watsons, there are those katoeys, who can speak English (and who probably were hired for that reason), who ask me what I want, but I rather look by myself. (The paracetamol or whatever I want to buy is in the two aisles away from dozens of aisles of  cosmetics, I know that by now...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much