Red Shirts in Korat Gather to Welcome Thaksin at Don Mueang Airport

webfact

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are talking about the whole current (almost outgoing) government there.

Why pick on just one person?

At least Thaksin did something for the poor people in Thailand.

All (military) governments since then have just been lining the pockets of the rich.

Not forgetting that they are filling their own pockets as well.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The point is that they don't seem too bothered about Pita and MFP being brushed aside, even though they were the choice of a majority of Thais in a democratic election. This suggests that they don't care that much about democracy, they simply want their guy to be in power.

So they are saying "we fight for democracy", when in reality, they fight for Thaksin.

Actually IIRC the MFP were not the choice of the majority of Thais, though they did win more seats than any other party, they actually won only 38% of the votes cast.

It should be obvious to most people that the MFP, even with the other coalition parties, will not be able to form a government, so perhaps they should move over and let the next biggest party try to form a government and find a PM.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

They were far better than the 2010s and 2020s, thus far. 

Hail Thaksin. ????

LOL. You mean 'Heil ...!'? - I remember the picture of Thaksin in a photo-montage on a website (Mango Sauce), raising his arm on TV, with a bottle of Chang on top of it, and the text below reading: "Thaksin at a rally, reaching for a Beer Chang".

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

The election that brought the red shirts to power was an (almost) fair, democratic election. Just the usual vote buying by ALL parties.

Thaksin's government then went on to deliver his pledges to the supporters. (Mostly rural, poorer Thais.)

As Thais at the time said to me "He may be corrupt - they all are, but he is the first that has helped me, my family and our village."

Now that sounds a bit like democracy to me.

No. That sounds like a corrupt left-wing populist government rather than a corrupt right-wing government.

But still corrupt and coming from vote buying.

• Haha 2