Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Most of them never drank wine anyway.

True. But I would have encouraged them towards 13/14% abv wine with lower taxes/prices to wean them off the 40% gut rot. Most are alcoholics and simply top anyway - better they do it with lower alcohol content.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaksin Moved To Police Hospital Suite In The Middle Of The Night
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

Pheu Thai Party boss/former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra and the Police Hospital where he is resting in a suite. Picture Thai Rath

PHEU THAI de facto boss/ former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was rushed to the Police Hospital from Bangkok Remand Prison in the middle of the night after it was found that he was suffering from insomnia, chest tightness, high blood pressure and low oxygen level at his finger tip, Matichon newspaper and Sanook.com said today (Aug. 23).

Upon reaching the hospital after leaving the prison at 12.30 a.m.Thaksin was moved to the Royal Suite on the 14th floor of Maha Bhumibol Rachanusorn 88th Birthday Anniversary building where there are only two such suites on separate wings.

Mr. Sithi Suwong, the Corrections Department’s deputy director-general and spokesman, said careful consideration was made in moving Thaksin to the Police Hospital after going through his medical treatment records at hospitals in Singapore and the US.

image.jpeg

Picture: Matichon

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/08/23/thaksin-moved-to-police-hospital-suite-in-the-middle-of-the-night/

-- THAI NEWSROOM 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

The usual treatment for a sick inmate of the BKK Hilton. Something wrong here in this country.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

I didn't say that he was, did I?

I was offering a comparison of his privileged life against normal criminals, a point that most posters seemed to understand.

Then why use Bang Kwang as an example instead of using Klong Prem prison where he actually was supposed to be incarcerated?

It's also fairly obvious to any being that walks upright that as an ex prime minister he wasn't going to be treated like any normal criminal the majority who are in prison on drugs offenses. A point that most posters understand.

His offenses would be considered to be white collar crimes.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They paid the rice farmers, who had been waiting for money for over a year. 

That is easy to do.

Simply make yet another coup at the point of a gun, backed by the tanks and an army, and bingo, you have stolen the whole country, treasury, justice (555) et al.

And so the charade began. Didn't even last 24 hours. Wow, soon we'll have a lot of rich politicians and policemen in the country and a free Thaksin because of a made-up illness. Welcome to the land of incredible opportunities. Well done chinese gangster thaksin.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yes, it was built without delay and it had a MASSIVE budget.

Note that on opening day many facilities / utilities were'nt finished / were faulty etc. 

Also note, it was built to a 30 year old plan with no upgrade to incorpororate recent technology etc., developments. 

All true. And, when he officially 'opened' it on the date he had declared would be the opening day and to save face, his was the only flight as the airport wasn't ready. His flight to 'prove' the airport was open flew him to Don Muang. Possibly it was back to Swampy but I think not. When he toured the airport prior to 'opening' he asked why there were so many signs in English. There were also not enough toilets and those that were there were hidden out of sight by King Power shops.

And because, as you say, it was built to a 30 year old plan, it wasn't fit for purpose and they quickly had to reopen the airport they thought they didn't need anymore and persuade (read bribe) Air Asia to move all their facilities back to DM. Then there were the cracked runways...... But but but Swampy had the highest control tower in Asia. Even though one day the electrics in it went down and nothing could land or take off.

41 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

True. But I would have encouraged them towards 13/14% abv wine with lower taxes/prices to wean them off the 40% gut rot. Most are alcoholics and simply top anyway - better they do it with lower alcohol content.

https://achefstour.com/blog/essential-guide-to-lao-khao-in-thailand

At just 60 baht (just under $2) per bottle, it’s not hard to see why, and lao khao can be purchased at roadside shacks, small independent stores and virtually every outlet of 7-11 in the country. 

It is cheaper than a large bottle of beer. Singha is sold in Thailand in standard (5 percent ABV), light (4.5 percent ABV), and draught versions.

Lao khao is a strong spirit with a sharp flavor, though the alcohol content typically reaches around 30% ABV. It is often paired with food, especially sour or spicy dishes, and salty snacks.

• Like 1

I wonder who is the script writer for this soap opera? 

Probably one of the ones responsible for the oh so believable dramas that our wives/GF's watch on Thai TV.

So unpredictable with so many twists and turns in the plot it makes my head dizzy, but as far as I can see there will be only one end result  - check Mel Gibson's dying words in  "Braveheart"! 

2 hours ago, Bert got kinky said:

Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Don't know, but I also don't know why difficulty sleeping, suffering unease and suffering from high blood pressure would warrant an airlift.

Probably ate the soap old trick high blood pressure and uset stomach all at once.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

All true. And, when he officially 'opened' it on the date he had declared would be the opening day and to save face, his was the only flight as the airport wasn't ready. His flight to 'prove' the airport was open flew him to Don Muang. Possibly it was back to Swampy but I think not. When he toured the airport prior to 'opening' he asked why there were so many signs in English. There were also not enough toilets and those that were there were hidden out of sight by King Power shops.

And because, as you say, it was built to a 30 year old plan, it wasn't fit for purpose and they quickly had to reopen the airport they thought they didn't need anymore and persuade (read bribe) Air Asia to move all their facilities back to DM. Then there were the cracked runways...... But but but Swampy had the highest control tower in Asia. Even though one day the electrics in it went down and nothing could land or take off.

This reminds me only 1 drone made U.K.'s airport #1 closing  for hours flights ......????.......just comparing in case you would be a Brit  ????

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

This reminds me only 1 drone made U.K.'s airport #1 closing  for flights ......????.......just comparing

I have no idea what that has to do with Thaksin. And it was the #2 airport, Gatwick. Moscow is now experiencing the same thing. I suppose they're an alternative to blame for flight delays, instead of the wrong kind of leaves on the runway :smile:

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC Thaksin was elected democratically.

Yes, and with the first ever (the only ever?) majority party in Parliament. For good reasons. I don't know why so many posters here dislike him so much, but he did a lot for the people of Thailand. I remember what Thailand was like before he was elected the first time, and I've seen it change since then.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He wasn't being treated for a stomach bug.  Why should an upset stomach require helicoptoring to the Police Hospital?

Right he was suffering from  insomnia, chest tightness, high blood pressure and that the oxygen levels in his fingertips were low, according to a statement from the Department of Corrections.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have no idea what that has to do with Thaksin. And it was the #2 airport, Gatwick. Moscow is now experiencing the same thing. I suppose they're an alternative to blame for flight delays, instead of the wrong kind of leaves on the runway :smile:

my point was only to show  any slight thing can make an airport closing flights .......

And still i like Swampy as one of the nicest airports on world ...... build of course under Thaksin gov.

BTW you mentioned it in a Thaksin topic yourself.....????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

And still i like Swampy as one of the nicest airports on world ...... build of course under Thaksin gov.

After a series of ups and downs, the "New Bangkok International Airport" company (NBIA) was formed in 1996. Due to political and economic instabilities, notably the Asian financial crisis of 1997, construction did not begin until six years later in January 2002 by the government of Thaksin Shinawatra.

On 15 September 2006, the airport started limited daily operations.

Thaksin was overthrown in a military coup on 19 September 2006.

Suvarnabhumi Airport - Wikipedia

• Thanks 1