Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

17 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Let an Australian school you on the Middle East. Egypt issues Palestinians laissez-faire travel passports.

OK, I can't find the reference so I may have read it wrong. I'll concede. What about your disgusting, lying accusations?

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Let an Australian school you on the Middle East. Egypt issues Palestinians laissez-faire travel passports.

I'm not sure what a laissez faire passport is. The U.N. issues laissez passer travel document that can function like passports but only to officials.

As for Egypt issue passports to Palestinians, do you mean Palestinians living in the West Bank or in Gaza? Or Palestinian refugees in Egypt? The PA does have the authority to issue passports (although Israel does get some say in this) so I don't see why Palestinians living there would go to Egypt to get one. Not sure how the Israelis would regard a Palestinian who did that. I suspect that they would construe it to mean that said Palestinian is no longer a resident of the West Bank or Gaza and is therefore not entitled to return.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't know who currently serves on the Israeli government and thus do not know what the current percentage is, Ditto, Israel's football team 

I know the National football team has some, I remember reading about it soon after Oct 7th, can't be bothered to look now though, but did have a look for Arab Muslims in the Israel Knesset the country's legislative body so quite high up. There are currently 10 Arab Muslim members out of a total of 120 members. Not bad for a so called apartheid state (according to some)

I did also notice the under 20's football National team has quite a good selection:

'The most non-Israeli national team ever'

https://www.dw.com/en/how-israels-young-footballers-united-a-divided-country/a-65848034

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I don't know who currently serves on the Israeli government and thus do not know what the current percentage is, Ditto, Israel's football team 

Need some schoolin'?

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Got any actual data to back that claim up? And if so, what percentage?

Netanyahu did dramatically increase the number of Gazan work permits since he got back in control so it would be consistent.

• Confused 3

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Please go ahead , although your schooling seems to be in Archelogy  

* Digging up the past *

I quoted a current Israeli minister who claimed that Gaza belonged to Israel. You don't even know who the ministers are yet you support them.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I quoted a current Israeli minister who claimed that Gaza belonged to Israel. You don't even know who the ministers are yet you support them.

I merely correctly stated that Palestinians Muslin Arabs are represented in Israel's Parliament,. The Knesset  .

Some  Arab Countries forbid Jews from holding such positions 

Where is the Apartheid ?

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

I merely correctly stated that Palestinians Muslin Arabs are represented in Israel's Parliament,. The Knesset  .

Some  Arab Countries forbid Jews from holding such positions 

Where is the Apartheid ?

Did I mention apartheid?

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Once again, this thread isn't all about you 

Me me me 

Why are pro Palsedtians supporters  so self obsessed and everything is about them 

Me me me .

I . I.  I.  I 

WTH? You asked me a direct question and I responded to it. Are you drunk? Seriously?

I'm not pro Palestinian other then I believe they have a right to exist within sovereign borders. That's it. No more or less.

Haaretz Today | 

I Want to Believe the IDF Won't Shoot Unarmed Civilians Holding a White Flag

"I don't know how many people believe General Halevi when he says the IDF doesn't shoot those who have surrendered. Israeli soldiers have shot unarmed civilians in a few different incidents that have been caught on camera lately. In Israel, as well as in the West Bank and Gaza. "

https://archive.ph/JsIx1#selection-1015.0-1015.2

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/haaretz-today/2023-12-17/ty-article/.highlight/i-want-to-believe-the-idf-wont-shoot-unarmed-civilians-holding-a-white-flag/0000018c-7896-d301-a3ac-fed78b050000

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Haaretz Today | 

I Want to Believe the IDF Won't Shoot Unarmed Civilians Holding a White Flag

"I don't know how many people believe General Halevi when he says the IDF doesn't shoot those who have surrendered. Israeli soldiers have shot unarmed civilians in a few different incidents that have been caught on camera lately. In Israel, as well as in the West Bank and Gaza. "

https://archive.ph/JsIx1#selection-1015.0-1015.2

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/haaretz-today/2023-12-17/ty-article/.highlight/i-want-to-believe-the-idf-wont-shoot-unarmed-civilians-holding-a-white-flag/0000018c-7896-d301-a3ac-fed78b050000

I'm sure that they do sometimes and that is obviously very wrong. The question is what is the policy. It's very hard to believe that it's the policy of the IDF to not take surrendering prisoners. 

• Like 1

EXPOSED: The biggest Hamas terrorist tunnel discovered.

This massive tunnel system branches out and spans well over four kilometers (2.5 miles). Its entrance is located only 400 meters (1,310 feet) from the Erez Crossing—used by Gazans on a daily basis to enter Israel for work and medical treatment in Israeli hospitals. 

This tunnel system was a project led by Mohammad Sinwar, the brother of Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar, and the commander of Hamas’ Khan Yunis Battalion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Neeranam said:

A lot of people are thinking otherwise.

The israeli government ain't that stupid, I assume. Actually ordering soldiers to kill civilians would hopefully result in a visit to the ICC, but by not charging soldiers that do such it sends the message that it's OK to do such.

An individual soldier that does it is guilty of a crime, ordered or not, but as in the case of the journalist murdered by an israeli soldier, it's going to be covered up by the superiors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metisdead said:

Israel finds large tunnel adjacent to Gaza border, raising new questions about prewar intelligence

image.png.06798fcede971bed5fec6d455d05d8d3.png

The Israeli military said Sunday it has discovered a large tunnel shaft in Gaza close to what was once a busy crossing into Israel, raising new questions about how Israeli surveillance missed such conspicuous preparations by Hamas for the militants’ deadly Oct. 7 assault.

The entryway to the tunnel is just a few hundred meters (yards) from the heavily fortified Erez crossing and a nearby Israeli military base.

The military said it stretches for over 4 kilometers (2.5 miles), links up with a sprawling tunnel network across Gaza and is wide enough for cars to pass through. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/17/israel-finds-large-tunnel-adjacent-to-gaza-border-raising-new-questions-about-prewar-intelligence.html

IMO there are 2 possible reasons. One is that intelligence knew and the government were waiting for an attack to use as an excuse for a final solution to Gaza ( I'm sure it's not the first time in history of such ), OR they were incompetent.

If anyone has a different opinion, lets see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

First, they would notify northern Gaza residents to move south before a military operation commences, which Netanyahu already did. The operation would then advance from north to south, while keeping Egypt's Rafah crossing empty for easier access. Tent settlements and cities in northern Sinai would accommodate Palestinians. 

Can get from here

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/is-pm-netanyahu-planning-to-relocate-gazas-population-to-egypt-leaked-document-reveals-11698914235618.html

They could relocate them to the Negev desert, but they won't because they would still be in israel. They obviously want them out, but Sisi isn't going to play that game. America likes immigrants, so they could take them. That might make up for giving israel all those bombs to kill so many Gazans.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They could relocate them to the Negev desert, but they won't because they would still be in israel. They obviously want them out, but Sisi isn't going to play that game. America likes immigrants, so they could take them. That might make up for giving israel all those bombs to kill so many Gazans.

I doubt they would want to go to a country that was responsible for their ethnic cleansing. 

• Confused 1