OJ Simpson died owing more than $100MILLION to families of murder victims

Social Media

image.png

The recent passing of OJ Simpson has brought renewed attention to the substantial debt he owed to the families of his murder victims, Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson. Despite his death, the Goldman family remains determined to pursue what is owed to them from Simpson's estate.

Simpson was found liable in civil court for $33.5 million for the murders of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson in 1997. However, due to Simpson's failure to pay, the debt with interest has grown to over $100 million over the years. The Goldman family's attorney, David Cook, has vowed to continue efforts to collect any assets from Simpson's estate, even after his death.

Fred Goldman, Ron's father, expressed his continued grief over the loss of his son and emphasized that his focus remains on Ron's murder rather than Simpson's death. Despite the passage of time, Fred Goldman's resolve to seek justice for his son remains unwavering.

Efforts to collect the debt owed by Simpson have been ongoing for years, with the Goldman family garnishing Simpson's income and pursuing legal action to reclaim funds earned from various sources, including TV shows and Simpson's book, "If I Did It." Despite these efforts, Simpson had only paid a fraction of the total debt owed.

With Simpson's passing, Cook and his team are now exploring all avenues to recover the outstanding debt, including investigating trusts and potentially filing in Nevada probate court. While the exact extent of Simpson's assets remains unclear, Cook remains committed to pursuing justice for the Goldman family, even in the face of challenges.

The saga surrounding OJ Simpson's debt to the Goldman family serves as a reminder of the enduring impact of his crimes and the ongoing pursuit of justice by those affected. Despite Simpson's death, the Goldman family's quest for closure and accountability continues.

Source

image.png

• Like 1

Just now, morrobay said:

Oh so a killer gets aquitted and that is  not a case for professional jurors. Ya all have taken liberal sapism to the next level. Unbelievable 

No it’s not.

It’s an example of not getting the expected verdict therefore attacking the jury.

I predict it to be a theme throughout 2024 and one you might want to keep any eye on.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Oh so a killer gets aquitted and that is  not a case for professional jurors. Ya all have taken liberal sapism to the next level. Unbelievable 

And what would the qualifications be for these "professional jurors"?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

The story here is person found liable avoids paying the penalties award against him in a civil court ruling.

Obviously that’s not a good thing for Justice.

I trust we all support the idea that justice is best served when those who are found liable in a court trial are forced to pay their penalties.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Charlest1971 said:

Why not remove Juries completely and just rely on the Judge, for a verdict. After all, no one is more qualified at understanding the nuances of the law, than a judge. 

Fine with me in some cases*.But at least 3 judges. Something like military court martial. * And in some other cases professional jurors. 

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 2

The American judicial system is very, very broken. Had he not had $5 million dollars to spend on a legal team back then he would have been found guilty. Any American can get away with virtually any crime if they have enough money to throw at a great legal team. It's just the way the system is built. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Unfortunately we abolished debtors prisons and workhouses in USA to hold these scroungers until the judgement is paid. And during appeal. Even the uninsured. Like the man who caused an accident detroying my vehicle. A bum/crim with no assets so not even worth suing.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, newnative said:

Lived 30 years too long.  Good riddance.  How any thinking person could ever think he was innocent of the double murders is beyond me.  Seeing the same thing with Trump.

I have no time for Trump but even I have never heard of, or would accuse him of, committing two actual murders!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I have no time for Trump but even I have never heard of, or would accuse him of, committing two actual murders!

Totally missed my point.  I was referring to large numbers of people believing Trump's lies, especially his Big Lie that the 2020 election was 'stolen' from him, rather than accepting the truth.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The American judicial system is very, very broken. Had he not had $5 million dollars to spend on a legal team back then he would have been found guilty. Any American can get away with virtually any crime if they have enough money to throw at a great legal team. It's just the way the system is built. 

Understood, however, if I was found not guilty in a criminal court only to be later found guilty in a civil court I may feel somewhat aggrieved, and somewhat reluctant to fork out 30m plus US dollars.

• Agree 2

That seems to be a common problem with all court decisions.
In 1987 I was awarded by the courts a sum of money from my ex-wife.
So far so good.
But I never saw 1 dime of that sum into my bank account.
My ex-wife claimed always that she had no income (above the level that can be witheld by the courts) and that she was insolvable.
With the interest over the years I would be now a rich man.
But my ex-wife chosed to die a few years ago and the only thing that's real are the bills of the lawyer and the courts.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

What on earth do you mean? What did a judge have to do with it?

Both his criminal case and his civil case (the subject here) were decided by juries. 

A judge always impacts how a trial proceeds.  The Mark Furhman tapes with his therapist should have been excluded.  But Judge Lance Ito allowed them to be played in court and in front of the jury.  These taps were part of his therapy sessions where he uttered the "N" word repeatedly. 

I have testified in criminal trials over 100 times and I could tell in the first few minutes whether a judge was pro prosecution or defense. Judge Ito was married to Margaret York.  That is Captain York of the LAPD.  At times during the 11 month trial it looked like Ito was pro defense? Of course this is just my observation and I could be wrong. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Charlest1971 said:

Why not remove Juries completely and just rely on the Judge, for a verdict. After all, no one is more qualified at understanding the nuances of the law, than a judge. 

Works very well in many countries. But the justice system is not politicized there.