British men's assault complaint awaited by Pattaya police

webfact

what a lot here are missing...
Those guards are part of the brown envelope monthly subscription
who do you think they indirectly work for?

every bar in that soi will pay a monthly brown envelope
That envelope gets split how ever many ways
one slice will go to the agent that employs the guards

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, sampson said:

Why would they bother reporting it? Do they really want to go through all of that, everybody knows you can't trust the BiB.  If they decided to charge the Brits with anything at all they'd be stuck here. They've probably got lives and jobs to get back to.  

They would be better off enjoying their holiday quietly or moving to another country as you say.

Once out of intensive care, that’s probably a good idea.  For one of them anyway.

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Unfortunately, nothing can happen unless someone makes a complaint. This is the law in Thailand. 

Have you thought your comment through?

thai for thai...they arent thais.......remember where you are and how things work here...

the lesson is repeated until its learned here in the LOS......choose your battles carefully...or dont..up to you

• Like 1

The main problem is that British men consider it very embarrassing and humiliating to be seen to have to pay for sex. A True Brit never pays for sex, all the sex he needs is drawn to him like a magnet. As all the details are available on the internet their wives families and mates would know they have to pay for sex. Oh, the shame and ignominy, friendships and jobs lost, divorces actioned and mothers crying into the fish and chips. Definitely a tails between their collective legs job. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Quite if they guards had killed the guy in the white shirt, he would not be able to make a complaint, so the BIB would do what??? Nothing??

The police have enough evidence to go-ahead and make charges... if they wanted to

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I did watch the video. Over the top response by the guards. Here’s the thing about Thai law, evidently. Need to have the offended party bring a complaint against someone. OK, I can understand this although … I come from a heritage where if this had so publicly taken place, the legal system would move to arrest and prosecute the perps in the name of the citizenry. The thought being that the disturbance and affront was made to all citizens in an orderly society. I think a bit of irony as many of us feel such an action as done here certainly has caused harm to the country’s reputation and citizens of Thailand. One might even say the actions taken reflect on the head of the country … an insult under Thai law?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Unfortunately, nothing can happen unless someone makes a complaint. This is the law in Thailand. 

Looks like these thugs will walk, and we know what happens then... they will be free to hurt and probably kill someone else in the future. 

So if someone  was to be murdered who would file the complaint, the dead guy?

• Like 1

Doorman should not be effected by heat of the moment, these guys love to dish it out, but there are few farang that can dish it out also, for me the bar that had the disputed bill should be avoided as it my well be my turn next when the bin says 6 but I only had 5

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

CCTV footage shows that even after the men eventually paid, a violent brawl ensued outside. One of the guards delivered a powerful kick to the head of one man, rendering him unconscious.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police Colonel Nawin Thirawit, Superintendent of the Pattaya Police Station, condemned the actions of the security staff, stressing the need for professionalism to protect the city’s reputation.

@Neeranam

Thai authority, not me, stating things need to change. And talk about "inaction"

1 hour ago, Dr. Zorg said:

When frequenting these establishment, don't run a tab. Pay as you go. Beer by beer. First go to a 7/11. Buy a bottle of water, to get change for a 1,000 baht.

If you have to go through all that just to not get scammed, you're in the wrong bar. Sick and tired of being scammed in Pattaya - had several times when I paid with 1000 and received no change, when asking about my change (politely!) been confronted aggressively "we already gave you change" (they didn't). I backed down because I didn't want to get in a fight, but also voted with my feet to never attend that ****hole.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Despite efforts to obtain a comment from Helicopter Bar, owned by British nationals, the establishment has remained silent on the matter.

Sometimes silence says a lot more than words. The fact that foreigners hire aggressive violent security AND don't even issue an apology in such an extreme case says everything. They simply don't give a ****, it's all about the money and **** the customers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The police are waiting for the outcome of the beating, is it GBH or manslaughter, hopefully they will press charges, what are the bars thinking letting animals like this represent them

• Confused 1

A visit will follow now with media invited by the farang hater government official to show it has been sorted and Pattaya is back to its safe self

• Agree 1

Had a bit of a kicking over a bar bill albeit disputed but paid.

Dust yourself down get on with your cultural fueled holiday.

Or start throwing your toys around get plod involved spend hours making statements I.D. parades etc enjoy what remains of your holiday then (probably  at your expense) return some time later (possibly years) to watch them get a micky mouse fine.

Best option stay away let social.media take its toll on tourism. 

Just my view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Had a bit of a kicking over a bar bill albeit disputed but paid.

Dust yourself down get on with your cultural fueled holiday.

Or start throwing your toys around get plod involved spend hours making statements I.D. parades etc enjoy what remains of your holiday then (probably  at your expense) return some time later (possibly years) to watch them get a micky mouse fine.

Best option stay away let social.media take its toll on tourism. 

Just my view.

I'd agree. 

I imagine these bouncers are protected, maybe even friends/relatives of the local police. Not worth ruining your holiday and risking a counter charge, fine, finger pointing in front of local journalists etc.

Better to enjoy the rest of your holiday and if you're feeling bitter then give The Sun an exclusive interview when you get safely home to give your side of the story and pay for the holiday and any medical bills. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Zorg said:

When frequenting these establishment, don't run a tab. Pay as you go. Beer by beer. First go to a 7/11. Buy a bottle of water, to get change for a 1,000 baht.

Or better still stay away from Pattaya full stop, why you want to go to a lawless city is beyond me

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Samorn, a bar hostess, revealed that the men had hired sex workers

What?! This can't be true! There's no Prostitution in Pattaya, the police checked already! 😆

These black shirt guys are hard as nails in a group against drunk foreigners and knowing the police got their back. Around 15 years ago I saw a group on suk in Bangkok get their ass handed to them by group of Brits (military) . They tried roughing 1 up on his way out not realising  he was meeting all his mates outside…I wish camera phones were a thing back then. The 3 security guys couldn’t wai enough after one got slapped . They quickly realised the strategic advantage of numbers and several non drunk up for it foreigners who were visibly fit was a not the best move. I’m sure there are decent ones running those doors but generally imo they are a bunch of bullys. 

• Like 2