Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I said I’ would stand by the Jury’s verdict, and indeed I do.

Now I’m sorry for noting that all the people says that Convicted Felon Trump would never be a convicted felon are now saying he’ll never go to prison. 

He’s a man of many firsts, I don’t put him above any low point.

he wins the election and does not spend any time in jail. few months to go. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

No.

Before his conviction he was making repeated threats against the prosecution, families and by extension the jury. He incited the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection wherein 5 died and threaten killing the VPOTUS. If not jailed immediately that is the right of the judiciary for a 34-count conviction, Trump will elevate a call for violence to create chaos intended to keep him from incarceration.

thats total MSM nonsense, 5 did not die. only 1 person did, ands she was shot by a cop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I hope you can accept the result in November. Or will you be calling for another vote if your side lose, like you did with Brexit?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Haven’t lost syndrome 

Its a process!

No shock , No Awe 
It was always Dem party politics ,

played out by a dem prosecutor,& dem corrupt judge.

Sore Loser Syndrom

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"inciters of an insurrection against Democracy are  a danger to society.  He is a rapist ,a seditionist ,a traitor  and a serial liar (which apparently you don't like liars)"

Referring to the above:" Lots of adjectives in there."

Only one: serial.

Don't get above yourself, not much substance in your comment.

Danger, dangerous, serial, so yes, I was writing too quickly, to respond in offering substance to the debate, obviously quite controversial as my comments are.

So your turn to try to offer some substance in a comment.

I will be pleased to read, something less ad hominem from you...

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I hope you can accept the result in November. Or will you be calling for another vote if your side lose, like you did with Brexit?

Yes I will accept the result in November.

And I did accept the BREXIT result.

So back to you, do you accept the Jury’s verdict of Trump’s guilt?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

thats total MSM nonsense, 5 did not die. only 1 person did, ands she was shot by a cop.

Actually, as far as I remember a couple of the fatter rioters had strokes or heart attacks and died as well. Can't be bothered to check though. No cops were killed, that I do remember.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

He used campaign money to cover it up. And falsified accounts to do so. That is the crime 

Interesting that those crimes need not be brought before the court, nor does Trump have to be found guilty of them. I think that may be the basis of why people are finding it hard to follow the trail from crime to conviction. The 34 misdemeanour document falsifying counts would, under normal circumstances, be forgotten due to the statute of limitations. But...if they are associated with an underlying crime then they become felonies and can be acted on. The underlying crime doesn't need to be brought in court or judged. Just mentioned.  So, Trump can be convicted of falsifying documents to cover up a crime that has not been proven or even seen light of day in court.  

I think that is what many people find hard to swallow.  It seems a rather convoluted path.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You seem to have forgotten how many $millions and time wasted by Republicans investigating these matters that came to zilch.

yes, zilch, just the all the other things they threw at Trump. unfortunately the reps as not as aggressive, nasty and spiteful as the dems, and they don't have 90% of the media behind them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

yes, zilch, just the all the other things they threw at Trump. unfortunately the reps as not as aggressive, nasty and spiteful as the dems, and they don't have 90% of the media behind them.

Yet more evidence of how far from reality MAGA have strayed.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yep, that’s democracy.

It isn't if you try to oveturn the original vote before it has been implemented.

Would it be democratic for Trump to demand another vote in December if he loses in January? Of course not, yet you wanted another vote on Brexit before the result of the first one had been implemented.

So asking for people's acceptance of votes/verdicts seems a bit of a stretch for you. The hypocrisy is not surprising though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Almost all media coverage is about the GOP, so I don't why on earth you'd falsely claim that 90% (a number that obviously came from someone's backside) is dem backed. There are dedicated redneck "news" sites and some of them got in legal trouble for outright lying. I guess that's all besides the point if it doesn't fit someone's personal agenda. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump was indicted for his attempt to stop the certification of the vote on January 6.

You seem confused about that.

what was the outcome? any charges for insurrection ?

• Love It 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Didn't prior Secretaries of State also use private servers for emails?

this is the sort of situation when you would type  'whataboutery' .

Edited by frank83628
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Interesting that those crimes need not be brought before the court, nor does Trump have to be found guilty of them. I think that may be the basis of why people are finding it hard to follow the trail from crime to conviction. The 34 misdemeanour document falsifying counts would, under normal circumstances, be forgotten due to the statute of limitations. But...if they are associated with an underlying crime then they become felonies and can be acted on. The underlying crime doesn't need to be brought in court or judged. Just mentioned.  So, Trump can be convicted of falsifying documents to cover up a crime that has not been proven or even seen light of day in court.  

I think that is what many people find hard to swallow.  It seems a rather convoluted path.

99.99% of people (including you and me) have not followed the entire trial, haven't read the transcripts word-for-word. We weren't allowed to watch it due to New York "no cameras in the courtroom" rules.

We SHOULD rest easy that, because of the intense detail the prosecution brought forth, this IS a crime worthy of the scrutiny and 45 IS now a convicted felon because the jury did their job.

Arguing anything else is mere coffe table dribble.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Can't be bothered to check though.

Here's the check:

Within 36 hours, five people died: one was shot by Capitol Police, another died of a drug overdose, and three died of natural causes, including a police officer. Many people were injured, including 174 police officers. Four officers who responded to the attack died by suicide within seven months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_6_United_States_Capitol_attack

If Trump never incited the attack on the Capitol, would these people still be alive?

• Agree 1