Immigration Police Arrest Foreigner Overcharging Bangkok Tourists

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

This incident underlines the importance of vigilance and due diligence in preventing tourist exploitation.

Farcical....

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The police have pressed charges against the suspect for illegal immigration and working without authorization in Thailand

OMG, and I was always thinking that the police could not press charges if the vistim did not press charges.

• Sad 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, john donson said:

how did he work legally ? isn't that a thai only job ?

He didn't!...

"The police have pressed charges against the suspect for illegal immigration and working without authorization in Thailand".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2024 at 4:37 AM, webfact said:

charged 500 baht per night for rooms, starkly higher than the hotel's listed price of 300 baht.

I'd hardly call 200b Starkly Higher yes a big % more but really...........:coffee1:

Oh dear  '       I'm glad that dangerous criminal is off the streets ...  peddling his rooms to innocent victims .....  the sad part is they become addicted and rebook .....    how many lives had he destroyed through his criminal behavior. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 6:17 PM, john donson said:

south african ? seems pretty white...

how did he work legally ? isn't that a thai only job 

Could be from North Africa or a Coloured South African, the descendants of Indonesian  indentured labourers who were in the Cape Province.

Edited by saintdomingo

Just to add I had a business in Thailand and used a lot of paint, normally my Thai wife used to buy the paint for about 700 Baht at one stage my wife fell sick, and I had to buy the paint and had to pay 1700 baht. But ripping of a farang seems to be OK.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Oh dear  '       I'm glad that dangerous criminal is off the streets ...  peddling his rooms to innocent victims .....  the sad part is they become addicted and rebook .....    how many lives had he destroyed through his criminal behavior. 

If it were your family he was ripping off, I suppose you would be OK with the illegal bloke, you of similar outlook............:stoner:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

another vicious dangerous criminal apprehended .  Is he a killer at the hotel     ?

You seem to be lacking in right and wrong in a country that is not yours.

If you are a creep in your own country, you don't have to bring it here....:coffee1:

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, transam said:

If it were your family he was ripping off, I suppose you would be OK with the illegal bloke, you of similar outlook............:stoner:

i'm confused ...  sorry i've had 8 beers.    what do you mean   ?