Someone in my condo locking my motorbike with a pad lock

Hi folks, im at this condo and someone is  locking my motorbike with a pad lock. (disc brake area) Causing it unmoveable.

I do not have a bolt cutter or something similar, anyone could advice how to remove it?

its a small pad lock like as in the picture.

image.jpeg.c104c39757a54094b7a4edacb1d86766.jpeg

Have anyone experienced this before?

I was using my bike yesterday till evening, so someone has done it between 7pm-7am.

Theres no cctv in the motorbike parking section in this condo, and the security dude is like sleeping and playing with his phone....

he offered no help whatso ever and just watching me wondering how to remove the lock. oh jesus

Edited by villageidiotY2K
  • Confused 2

Report it to the office and committee, someone may know where to get bolt cutters, if not buy them in Homepro.

A locksmith will be able to cut easy enough, If in Pattaya, Thepprasit guy is expensive so anyone else

Edited by scubascuba3

1) remove it with an angle grinder or bolt cutter

2) get a similar padlock. Put it on. If a repeat offense, he’ll think he or someone else is locking it. 
If you want to know why this is being done invest in some surveillance operation to find out. Then you can return the favor, or confront him. Maybe you shouldn’t park in that spot, at least to his understanding. 

• Sad 1

Get some Easy Off Oven Cleaner if you can. My brother is a cop in Peel Region/Toronto and says a lot of the stolen cars they do retrieve, have a can of the stuff laying inside....usually alongside "The Club", the anti-theft device people put on their steering wheel .  The Club wont faze them as they just spray the cleaner in the lock, wait about 10 seconds he says and snap it with a hard device, usually a hammer and it comes right off.  There's a certain ingredient/chemical Easy Off uses that will eat away at the lock's insides.  

Edited by mushroomdave
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1

Go to condo office report, there so be a handy man for condo should have a hand held cutter. If not go to hardware store if ypu not want bolt cutter get a cheap hacksaw cut the chain link.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Here's a good idea if this will continue: Go and lock couple other's bikes with padlocks and than the building

management will take it more seriously and install a CCTV overlooking the area.. 

Don't give the villageidiot ideas. 

It might be one of my bikes. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Would that 'Easy Off' work to clear constipation?

"Easy Off"? I can imagine some girls: "if not finiss in two minutes, I put Easy Off on your tick".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Hi folks, im at this condo and someone is  locking my motorbike with a pad lock. (disc brake area) Causing it unmoveable.

Does this only happen to your bike?

Did it happen to anybody else in your condominium?

I think first you should find out why it happened. Maybe it was the condominium management who blocked your bike for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Unless the other guy is crazy, then there's a high chance that you're responsible for his actions.

If you don't know to remove a small lock, then google it. It's so easy. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ignore it said:

Yep,

Just about a gazillion youtube videos on this topic.

for those intellectuals out there....... can always read Freud to get a psychological explanation for those who want long things that make big noises

Edited by rumak
  • Confused 1

Bolt cutter - takes seconds - hacksaw or grinder will produce small filings which are best kept away from the brake so I wouldn't use either. Then surveillance.  It might have been kids playing tricks, but you need to find out who is involved and why so that you can deal with it as otherwise it is likely to recur or escalate which could become expensive, dangerous or both.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The Op wrote that someone is locking his motorcycle - which implies a repeated event.

If this is a one off it could be a mistake - however, if this is a repeated event, then there is another facet at play here... someone is targeting him and he needs to know who it is and why.

Also, as suggest, report it to the Condo committee, they 'should' have some tools at hand to release the lock. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the security guard...  Actually, more than likely it is someone with the condo management staff. (maintenance?) 

You definitely need to solve it with them to get a solution long term.

• Confused 1