American Driver Arrested after Road Rage Incident in Wichit

webfact

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do only Americans behave like that? 

Or is that normal behaviors for Thais so there is no reason to complain if a Thai behaves "normal"?

Mr. Sunny explained to the police that he was rushing to take his wife to see a doctor due to a medical emergency. He claimed that the other car suddenly stopped, forcing him to brake abruptly, resulting in his wife bumping inside their vehicle. In anger, he got out of his car to confront the other driver.

Despite his explanation, Mr. Sunny was charged with causing property damage and threatening behavior. He has admitted to these charges.

Other car suddenly stopped.... 'nuff said.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why do you need to ask that?

We hear about one American here. As I know it´s not many times you read about same nationality doing this exact thing.

After that, we have you question if it´s normal behavior from Thai´s. As the woman just took it easy and thought he was in a hurry, one might assume it´s normal. However, what is not normal behavior is road rage. Therefore that is something you read about both when Thai´s do it and when foreigners do it.

No it´s not enough! Have you thought they looked at CCTV, before fining him? If not, maybe there were witnesses. However, do you consider it right to jump out of a car at a red light and in a fit of rage try and open another drivers door? To do what? Or, should he take the license plate and report a problem he had?

After that, we have this from the article in Phuket Express: He claimed that the other car suddenly stopped, forcing him to brake abruptly, resulting in his wife bumping inside their vehicle. In anger, he got out of his car to confront the other driver.

As he also stated he was driving his wife to hospital and it was an emergency, I just ask if the stated emergency, just went on a break as he he time to stop go out of car and try forcing himself into another car. If he had managed to open the door, wonder how long time it would have taken? Maybe long enough for an emergency to change to death or severe threat to life?

When we sum this story up, with overtaking 2 times without signaling, stating an emergency, as well as in a fit of rage don´t give a rats arse about any emergency. Yeah, it fits the profile of a very unstable man. That was probably why the police fined him.

However, do you consider it right to jump out of a car at a red light and in a fit of rage try and open another drivers door? 

I guess you misunderstood me - NO, I was not justifying the morons behavior and I agree 100% when you say "... stating an emergency, as well as in a fit of rage don´t give a rats arse".

Just wanted to high light how this is justified by some because the locals display road rage.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Keep in mind, the women turned her car sideways across traffic to block him in at one point, which in my country is illegal (false imprisonment). She is not a police officer, both of these idiots should have been arrested.

Where did you get that information from ?

Because, IF the the Thai Driver [Ms Sand] pulled the car across and deliberately blocked the road, that significantly changes the optics - but I don't ready anywhere (in the Op or linked article) that this is the case... 

It does appear that she was irritated by the American Driver [Mr Sunny] forcing his way through traffic (in an emergency) and it appears she fought for position in a 'tit-for-tat' manner that some juvenile drivers attempt when they are pasted or someone has nudged / pushed out in front of them in heavy traffic.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do only Americans behave like that? 

I'd say so. I'm particularly afraid of Basketball Americans when they get angry driving. Even though Thais are more dangerous they will very rarely exit their car to start fights. There's entire road rage channels on YouTube with nothing but fights breaking out over driving which is commonplace in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Mr. Sunny explained to the police that he was rushing to take his wife to see a doctor due to a medical emergency. He claimed that the other car suddenly stopped, forcing him to brake abruptly, resulting in his wife bumping inside their vehicle. In anger, he got out of his car to confront the other driver.

Despite his explanation, Mr. Sunny was charged with causing property damage and threatening behavior. He has admitted to these charges.

Other car suddenly stopped.... 'nuff said.

theres usually more the these stories on both sides. I havent seen the video and it would only tell part of the story

Edited by Dan O
  • Love It 2

7 minutes ago, Dan O said:

theres usually more the these stories on both sides. I havent seen the video and it would only tell part of the story

Well watch the Vid it's 

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Any link to the vid ?

It's in 3 posts above yours by lordgrinz

12 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Well watch the Vid it's 

It's in 3 posts above yours by lordgrinz

No interest in watching it. It wont show the whole situation from beginning to end so you'll never have the full story of what happened

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

No interest in watching it. It wont show the whole situation from beginning to end so you'll never have the full story of what happened

Well you will never know then, ignorance is bliss.

Female asian driver driving her car with no idea the havoc she is causing all around her - because in Thailand they do not display anger towards people being an idiot when driving. Maybe she will now be more careful about what she is doing when driving. I often think that Thais should display their anger towards an idiot by blasting their horns when someone drives badly, otherwise what is there to tell them they are being unacceptable - there aint no police around. But I understand Thai social rules and that loss of face is a huge thing here - so just like all the Thais I just stay calm and ignore all the idiots.

Although - there was one Thai one day who was extremely annoying and dangerous to me and other drivers. I drove up fast next to him and blasted my horn at him for about 20 seconds while I swerved towards him and back and towards.  He was totally shocked and freaked out - I have black out windows but he had none - it was amazing watching him react. He actually pulled over and stopped and I could see his head shaking and jerking, while I kept going. When I told the wife she was apoplectic - and I promised never to do it again.  We dont drive much - but we did not drive for about a week - and then did not drive on that road for a month or so.

• Haha 1