Outrage over Luxury Car Owner’s Littering on Chonburi Bridge

webfact

That reminds me of my holiday in the Maldives many years ago.

On "my" island they collected all the trash. 

And then they put the trash on a boat and shipped it to the neighbor island and they dumped it at the neighbor island - far away... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't believe a Thai hi-so in a Mercedes would disrespect Thailand and her environment in such a manner.....    

This lady either wasn't Thai....

....or the 'trash' was not trash, but fish food and she was earning merit through kindness in feeding the fish...  

... All just a misunderstanding... 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, retarius said:

What else is she supposed to do with the trash in her car? There are no waste bins about are there?

20m is a long walk in the Thai heat - I'm surprise a hi-so exposed herself to the sun for as long as it took to throw the litter over the bridge, but a 20m walk - Imagine the change of skin shade she may have encountered had she risked that distance !!!!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They noted the proximity of a trash can, situated within 20 meters of where the woman discarded the garbage.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, drgoon said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can we please have the 'obligatory comment'....   

....   "A Mercedes its not a luxury car, its a taxi in my country !!!"....    :giggle:

A mercedes is not a luxury car in my country. It is a brand the drug dealers drive

A Mercedes is not a luxury car in my country, its what the hair-dressers drive on hire-purchase.

• Confused 1

With the heavy rains we have a 'temporary' lake nearby......and a small slip road leads down to it.

Three days later the slip road is knee deep in plastic rubbish....they don't give a flying.....but neither do most nations it seems.

1 hour ago, retarius said:

What else is she supposed to do with the trash in her car? There are no waste bins about are there?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The post's caption noted the trash bin being just 20 meters away,

Actually there was one.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Any hi so knows an imported car is worth it for ones image .Even a mini as a starter car is same price as a top of the range suv

"a mini as a starter car is same price as a top of the range suv"

Wow, prices must have increased recently.  Which MINI is the same price as, for example, a Rolls Royce Cullinan, Lamborghini Urus or BMW X7?!  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of my holiday in the Maldives many years ago.

On "my" island they collected all the trash. 

And then they put the trash on a boat and shipped it to the neighbor island and they dumped it at the neighbor island - far away... 

Same happens in Europe but then they just do it with sea containers full of trash, ditching it in Africa or often partly in the ocean.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Take it home with her and dump it in her own trash bin. It seems as though there was a trash bin 20 metres from where she dumped her trash.

• Agree 1

How about reading the plate details off the posh car and summon the owner for clarification. If (s)he does not know, then just slap a very juicy fine onto the owner - will work wonders. Make sure that the whole exercise goes viral on social networks.  

Naaaahhhh, me satumpid, cannot. Data protection, a Phooyai car and missing evidence (the garbage bag) as well as explicit laws (not from said bridge) are all a non-starter; how could I forget! 

• Love It 1

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"a mini as a starter car is same price as a top of the range suv"

Wow, prices must have increased recently.  Which MINI is the same price as, for example, a Rolls Royce Cullinan, Lamborghini Urus or BMW X7?!  

Wow little pedantic today? Ok I will clarify what I meant run of the mill pajero Toyota anything top spec apart from 1 model  .the point was import tax means you get half the value 🙄 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can we please have the 'obligatory comment'....   

....   "A Mercedes its not a luxury car, its a taxi in my country !!!"....    :giggle:

OK, if you insist,

"Mercedes Benz carscare commonly used as taxis in my country"

• Haha 1

Thais don't care about the environment ....  they dump trash up dirt roads and anywhere up country ...   :drunk:

they need more educating ....  but the earth can't wait that long..

Edited by steven100

6 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

This is normal behavior here in Thailand, look at every waterway, every vacant lot, trash is just thrown everywhere. It's one of the first things that horrified me when I first moved here back in 2016.

No, no, no....many times they burn their trash...plastics, oils cans, food, shoes, clothes, weed, leaves, aso. So, everything's very clean (sarcasm off)