The benefits of living alone as an older man

9 minutes ago, simon43 said:

A compromise would be to employ a daily housekeeper or closer neighbour who perhaps brings food (if one is housebound), does some cleaning, or just pops in to check that you're OK.

Agreed. Other options: have a nurse as your GF; reside in an apartment complex that has a live-in caretaker/manager and become good friends with them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am betting the nagging marrieds were in the same age bracket. Not much point to that, both are equally vulnerable.

My GF is 23 years younger than me.

I asked her once what she would do, if I started going poopy in my trousers. Her response was " No problem. I can do".

Buy nappies.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Better yet.  Get a male room mate to share expenses and chores, or live in a building with a good community of like minded old farts.

Bros before hoes!

Hmm, so in my dotage I combine doing some outdoor gardening with some uphill gardening 🙂.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, impulse said:

Better yet.  Get a male room mate to share expenses and chores, or live in a building with a good community of like minded old farts.

Bros before hoes!

no that doesn't sound good at all, maybe does to you

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am betting the nagging marrieds were in the same age bracket. Not much point to that, both are equally vulnerable.

My GF is 23 years younger than me.

I asked her once what she would do, if I started going poopy in my trousers. Her response was " No problem. I can do".

Same age bracket? how many 70/80 yr old ozzies in  retirment living do u.know of having 50/60 yr.old  partners? Odd comment but!