Latest carmaker to scale back its EV ambitions amid slowing sales

The price of some EV models on UK car supermarket's websites are plummeting showing just how slow new sales are, and the unrealistic price points, eg: Vauxhall's EV Mocha range are now being offered for nearly 50% of their list price, (£20k - £22k GBP v £38k to £44k depending on model spec), on CarWow. Main dealers still trying it on with their higher unrealistic pricing however. Kindof shows how parlous and unrealistic the industry is, outside of the company car market??

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I have several close neigbours who now drive EV's, not one of them have said it's a decision that they now regret.

Funny, I don't know anyone who has one. Maybe our generally older age group is more cautious...late adopters.

• Agree 1

In Canada, being a large country, EVs are good for an in town, or in city vehicle.

Until they can go over 1000 kms with the AC or heater on, I will never buy one.

Another reason is that Canada does not have enough charging stations built yet.

I imagine that Thailand is the same, as there are a lot of people in that country, and can they

all get their car charged when they are away from their homes?  I am glad to see the factories, and companies are

backing off their production. If the countries do not have the infrastructures ready for EVs, then

it is foolish to keep building these espensive vehicles.  I am not a fan of car fires as well.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

In Canada, being a large country, EVs are good for an in town, or in city vehicle.

Until they can go over 1000 kms with the AC or heater on, I will never buy one.

Another reason is that Canada does not have enough charging stations built yet.

I imagine that Thailand is the same, as there are a lot of people in that country, and can they

all get their car charged when they are away from their homes?  I am glad to see the factories, and companies are

backing off their production. If the countries do not have the infrastructures ready for EVs, then

it is foolish to keep building these espensive vehicles.  I am not a fan of car fires as well.

And they don't charge very well in the cold. 

• Like 1