Honda cbr650 2014

Since we talk about tires and breaking, I've read back a few pages but haven't seen a mention of ABS? Does it come with ABS?

Sent from a Nuclear Submarine.

yes hopefully.

Hopefully? Don't you know the specs of your own lovely bike? tongue.png

I'm on better internet now that I'm back to work and I've looked through the pics, there is the ABS sensor ring on the front and rear wheels so to answer my own question - Yes it does come with ABS.thumbsup.gif

ah thank you, if you dont say it, we will never knowlaugh.png

dont be funny shurup.

i had to say fortunately instead of hopefully though. busy days and phnom penh is so hot so do girls herebiggrin.png

of course it has abs, i own that bike you know?

Edited by ll2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the worst thing you can do to a brand new engine. But the sound is nice.

You're right! Anyone know where this was?

Someone doing some photo-shopping wink.png

1782063_477655489026611_162439561_n.jpg

Was that using Photoshop? I've seen better using crayons and charcoal.

good comparison but weight needs to be considered as well.

Yeah like I said in my post the spreadsheet is actually for

all the usual info. Weight,Bore/Stroke, HP,Torque, PWR, etc etc

But you know with Excel it is so easy to toss in another so thought that

would be funny to see. Not really something I would use to validate buying something

more of a curiosity. The other things is the main considerations like you said.

Interesting! How many bikes do you have in the list?

Maybe worth taking a screenshot and posting it.

Since we talk about tires and breaking, I've read back a few pages but haven't seen a mention of ABS? Does it come with ABS?

yes hopefully.

I'm on better internet now that I'm back to work and I've looked through the pics, there is the ABS sensor ring on the front and rear wheels so to answer my own question - Yes it does come with ABS.thumbsup.gif

dont be funny shurup.

i had to say fortunately instead of hopefully though. busy days and phnom penh is so hot so do girls herebiggrin.png

dos it sound anything like the old cb400 superfour when you rev the engine ?

that beautiful sound would definately tempt me to pull the trigger and buy one

yes hopefully.

dont be funny shurup.

dos it sound anything like the old cb400 superfour when you rev the engine ?

that beautiful sound would definately tempt me to pull the trigger and buy one

Of course similar to cb400 but a bit meaner and low pitch.

It revs nice!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

was at big wing bkk today and the cb650f have also arrived

Are we talking big numbers or just one or two?

I should be home from work next week and I will bet I will viset Honda big wing pattaya soon after, he-he.

While I can't speak for Big Wing Pattaya, the Phuket branch seems to have quite a bunch in stock.

10005906_752458558106082_1981514855_o.jp

Gonna ride the CB650F in a few minutes :)

was at big wing bkk today and the cb650f have also arrived

Are we talking big numbers or just one or two?

I should be home from work next week and I will bet I will viset Honda big wing pattaya soon after, he-he.

While I can't speak for Big Wing Pattaya, the Phuket branch seems to have quite a bunch in stock.

10005906_752458558106082_1981514855_o.jp

Gonna ride the CB650F in a few minutes smile.png

Wow love the yellow !

Reminds me of the Honda Hornet i had late 1999....sprayed by "Dream Machine" in Wasp colours....

Same as this one...oh happy days......

post-95864-0-22143500-1395388774_thumb.j

Just returned from the test drive event of Honda where one could test the CBR650F aswell as the CB650F. The test drive was limited to an empty space in Phuket Town where I assume sometimes a local market takes place.

I only tried the CB650F but since both bikes share the exact same engine and most other parts apart from the chassis, there wont be too much of a difference. Of course the CBR has a more forward riding position.

It was the first time I drove a naked bike and coming from the CBR500R, it was a bit of a weird feeling on the CB650F as you don't see much of the bike while driving especially if you are a bit taller than most people. Like I was sitting in the air with nothing under me. Maybe that feeling goes away after a while but right now, I would say I prefer the CBR (500 or 650) in that regard. But on the CBR500R, my arms start to hurt after 1h and longer rides on Phukets roads with a pillion behind hugging me which is the reason I want the naked CB650F which has a very upright riding position and seems to be also a bit more comfortable in terms of the seat.

Performance wise the new 650s definitely have more punch than the 500 though no unmanagable delivery of torque. You can easily go on full throttle in most situations without risking losing control of the bike. One more experienced driver though seemed to have no difficulties popping wheelies so there is definitely some oompf :). Being a 4 cylinder engine, it should have the torque delivery a bit more on the higher range of the RPM spectrum but Honda tried to make this particular one still strong in the low RPMs and it definitely didn't feel weak there at all.

I think I would describe it best with smooth and consistent. Which goes also for the vibrations - none like on the 500 twin. The whole experience was very smooth. No unpleasant surprises or things that felt rough.

The breaks felt good, the ABS was not kicking in aggressively early - just about right. They did feel a bit soft but I guess once they get used a bit, that will improve.

Cornering ability was nice too, though the ground clearance is less than on the 500s. I hope a bumpy surface wont make it hit anything down below.

I was a bit worried the sound wouldn't be as nice as a twin since some of the 4 cylinder engines do have quite a high pitch to it but was pleasantly surprised. While I still think the twins sound nicer, the 650 didn't sound bad at all. I am hoping here for an aftermarket solution from maybe Akrapovitch but the one I saw so far - I think it was a Moriwaki - added a big pipe along the tail of the bike. Similar to the one of a 500.

In my opinion the short exhaust that comes stock looks extremely good and since I saw some Kawasakis before with a similar short exhaust but nice sound, it has to be technically possible :)

The styling is very subjective but I do like the looks of the white (or tricolor) version but it might not age well. It looks better in real than on pictures though. I might prefer a Yamaha MT-07 but that bike is not available in Thailand.

There are only two small negative points: the stand is situated such that you have to pull it out from in front of the foot peg instead of behind on the 500. That seems a bit less easy but might very well be just a matter of getting used to. The second thing was that hitting neutral seemed to be a tad more difficult which might be because the gear switching is really soft.

So far it looks like the CB650F will be a good upgrade from my CBR500R both in terms of power/fun aswell as riding ergonomics.

Next week I'll take the bike for a test on normal roads and see how it fairs in higher gears and speed. The roughly 50% more torque in combination with less vibrations should provide for a pleasant highway ride. At less than 120kph and mostly between 90-100kph there shouldn't be too much of wind turbulences to get annoying I hope.

I'd be greatful if any owners could share more of their experiences with the bike here.

did they make you sit through safety videos and make you watch a riding demonstration before you could test it?

thats what you have to do at Chiang Mai Big Wing - very annoying.

No we didn't have to watch any videos or do anything that would hinder the fun at the event. I have been to three Bigwing events in Phuket now and they always manage to put fun as the priority. I was pleasantly surprised. One was a safe bike riding course where you watched some videos in the beginning but that's to be expected at such a learning course.

At todays event you just had to show up, put your name and telephone number on a list and off you go. Very unburocratic :)

One of the few times I have experienced something being managed properly all the way in Thailand. Though the ladies working at Bigwing Phuket have been very useless every time I had to deal with them, the guys there seem to know their stuff.

^

K speed never lose time on modding a new thai made bike.

I ll be visiting them maybe tomorrow if they are open for the seat cover and sliders.

Also interested on powder coating the rearsets to black.

Most of the stickers are so cheese imo.

Installed the led rear signals today. Same model on my cbr500r, i like this one the best still. Looks nice!

Flush mounts from cbr500r does not fit unfortunately so will install other leds signals there from my parts stock from the other bikes for now. Later can change it if i find something better.

post-184955-13954857076942_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13954857312561_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13954857493723_thumb.jpg

ll2 please post more reviews, specially compared to the CB500.

I've got 3 months on my CB500 and only 3000 KM, i'm already starting to get pissed of these annoying gears.

Nowt wrong with the gears if adjusted properly, unless you can't ride very well.

The gears are starting to work better after 3000 KM, much smoother. I think it needed some break-in.

I really wanna try the CB650.

Great bike and price for Thailand, for anyone looking for an easy, cheap mini sports-tourer.

But man has it been hit by the ugly stick.

Cheap.. depends on each person wallet. Mini, it is not.

Ugly, depends on tastes.

Try it again Sam.

Great bike and price for Thailand, for anyone looking for an easy, cheap mini sports-tourer.

But man has it been hit by the ugly stick.

Cheap.. depends on each person wallet. Mini, it is not.

Ugly, depends on tastes.

Try it again Sam.

Cheap, also comparative to the market. Cheapest inline-4 available by the top 4 here by some way, unless you go for a Keeway Ching-Chong-Chow-Chang 600. Also cheap for parts as local made.

So yes, it's cheap.

Mini compared to what most people would consider a sports-cruiser.

Ugly, oh yes, there's no denying that it will hurt the eyes of a blind man. biggrin.png

Never mind Paz. biggrin.png

Edited by Dave 74

In Thailand vehicles mostly priced based on engine size. CBR650 is just a tad more expensive than the Ninja 650, both bikes weight the same and pretty much the same power and torque. A good competition for a Ninja.

Won't call it cheap - it's right where it should be price wise.

Regarding ugly - that's subjective as paz said, I don't find it ugly but IMHO Ninja is better looking.

Installed front led signals during the weekend too. They are left over signals from before and the only set thhat can fit cbr650f front as its stems are longer.
Looks ok for now but can change it later if i can find a better model. Also even that does not fit perfectly and needed to be installed little towards the back.
Also installed oil nut and fork/brake protectors from my old parts left. Why pay money again.

Bike is running really well and smooth now after 500 km. Does bot have a lot of time to ride this weekend but went for a 3 hours ride in bangkok. I am having a blast man!

post-184955-1395638607672_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956386271433_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956386472683_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956386736463_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956386995543_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956387198948_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1395638740207_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956387555073_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956387741066_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1395638787961_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13956388099919_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1395638831883_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

k speed is fast again!

they have some products like sliders, fork stabilizer, tail tidy, front axel, levers, oil nut, fork adjuster, clip ons, hand grips.

It looks like all of them are for other bikes but can fit 650 series or modified for cbr650 except sliders/door knobs!

I will go for fork brace/stabilizer and sliders for now. This timer will not be changing the levers as the feeling of stock levers are really good possibly powdercoat them to black.

Besides, will check for rear seat cover too, it looks not bad.

front axel cum protector is also something nice but the quality and aluminum of the products looks bad even in the photos so will wait for another maker.

Good thing is front suspension adjusters are the same ones on my cbr500r so just use the old one.

I will go to K Speed this week as next weekend is track day and i need the sliders just in case.

http://www.k-speed.net/product_1055880_th

In Thailand vehicles mostly priced based on engine size. CBR650 is just a tad more expensive than the Ninja 650, both bikes weight the same and pretty much the same power and torque. A good competition for a Ninja.

CBR650 - inline- 4 producing 87HP

Ninja 650 - P Twin producing 71HP.

If you don't know the difference you don't know much about bikes. biggrin.png

CBR650 - inline- 4 producing 87HP

Ninja 650 - P Twin producing 71HP.

If you don't know the difference you don't know much about bikes. biggrin.png

<deleted> you are a bright one here, and you sure know how to use Google! Did I say thet were exactly the same? Did I say anything about the number of cylinders?