Video: Hunt down this nasty piece of work - pick-up nutter sought online

webfact

Video: Hunt down this nasty piece of work - pick-up nutter sought online

3am.jpg

Picture Daily News

NAKHON SAWAN: -- An online hunt is underway after a pick-up driver was caught on dash cam footage driving like a complete lunatic.

The video showed a Toyota overtaking a lorry causing the woman in the oncoming car to have to swerve off the road to avoid a possible fatal collision, Daily News reported.

The woman ended up injured off the road as her own vehicle overturned in the undergrowth.

While the Toyota driver just sped off offering no help whatsoever.

The footage was posted on the Facebook page of 'TukTuk Napalntum'. The poster said that the incident happened opposite Suan Lung Sorn, in Nong Bua district of Nakorn Sawan.

The woman driver had some choice words for the person in the Toyota who she described as selfish and lacking any compassion. She exhorted social media users to make every effort to try and track down the driver and bring him to justice.

No mention of police involvement was made in the Daily News story.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02

I got ran off the road somewhere between Ubon and Buri Ram by a public bus.  Overtaking, flashing lights at me to move over.  Which I did, onto the shoulder, and into a huge hold.  Luckily, no apparent damage.

Ok clearly the guy on the wrong side of the road is at fault but she was hammering and her reaction time is woeful. The typical Thai chicken game neither wished to yield. Now I am not saying you should yield to every plonker on the wrong side of the road but if she had her head up and any sort of situational awareness this probably wouldnt have happened. She didnt even slow down or attempt to alter her course until she was almost at the point of no return. 

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The driver of the vehicle with the dashcam appears to be going at some speed.

Probably not a good idea on such a road. Had she been going a bit slower, surely her predicament could have been avoided. 

What's wrong with the road? Extraordinary comment. Do you you drive here? The oncoming driver is blind overtaking, which many Thai drivers do without thinking. They figure, if it's a car, it will make way for me. Unfortunately, sometimes it's a truck or bus, in which case there is often an accident resulting in injuries and fatalities. 

No thought of looking ahead no reaction time to slow down,

typical  incompetent drivers on the roads, 

the truck driver was looking at the motorcyclist to give room to pass,

leaving little room for both vehicles, 

(being aware of surroundings) I wonder how many times she has travelled that road.

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The driver of the vehicle with the dashcam appears to be going at some speed.

Probably not a good idea on such a road. Had she been going a bit slower, surely her predicament could have been avoided. 

You are joking?

The other car was overtaking on a bend,, in the wrong lane and you blame the victim? Crazy!

1 minute ago, chrissables said:

You are joking?

The other car was overtaking on a bend,, in the wrong lane and you blame the victim? Crazy!

I kind of agree with the other poster.  Drivers here are terrible.  You have to watch out for everything.  Including stuff like this.  My head's on a swivel the entire time I drive.  It's exhausting.  Can't do like back home.  Just put it on cruise control at 70mph, turn on the radio, and enjoy the drive.

Just now, craigt3365 said:

I kind of agree with the other poster.  Drivers here are terrible.  You have to watch out for everything.  Including stuff like this.  My head's on a swivel the entire time I drive.  It's exhausting.  Can't do like back home.  Just put it on cruise control at 70mph, turn on the radio, and enjoy the drive.

Have ridden or driven on almost every road in Thailand i know how bad they can be.

Yes the woman was slow to react. But to blame, in no way at all. The idiot was on the wrong side of the road, overtaking on a blind bend was the cause.

Actually you can't tell a lot from the Car Cam about her speed or reaction time.

Those of you who have car cams will realise on playback that you seem to be flying along, when in fact you are not going anywhere near the speed it appears. In my opinion best to have speed recorded.      

8 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Actually you can't tell a lot from the Car Cam about her speed or reaction time.

Those of you who have car cams will realise on playback that you seem to be flying along, when in fact you are not going anywhere near the speed it appears. In my opinion best to have speed recorded.      

This is very true. My cam makes it look a lot faster. Would have to sit down and do some math on distance/time to get accurate.

51 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

What's wrong with the road? Extraordinary comment. Do you you drive here? The oncoming driver is blind overtaking, which many Thai drivers do without thinking. They figure, if it's a car, it will make way for me. Unfortunately, sometimes it's a truck or bus, in which case there is often an accident resulting in injuries and fatalities. 

It is a two lane road, not good for overtaking on, or speeding on, either !

33 minutes ago, chrissables said:

You are joking?

I did not blame the driver, I merely suggested that had she been driving slower, maybe she would have not ended up in a ditch.

29 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

It is a two lane road, not good for overtaking on, or speeding on, either !

I did not blame the driver, I merely suggested that had she been driving slower, maybe she would have not ended up in a ditch.

Look at the dash lines - good idea how fast she was going. Not that fast.

Drive slower - no accident ?  Like saying stay home - no accident. Hogwash

1 hour ago, JAS21 said:

That is true, was told it has something to do with the wide angle lens.

Knowing I was going to end up in the ditch anyway I would have clipped the rear of the pick up and taken him out with me

:annoyed: 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Police have stated that if the driver of the pick up truck is important there will be a defamation charge brought upon the uploader of the video. 

If not, the driver of the pick up will be prosecuted. 

Sadly, it's hard to tell if you're joking or not...  

(I'm not fluent in emoji's)

Seriously ?!??!
Look at the video ! Where was she supposed to go ? Even if she pulled to the side and was at a complete stop she'd have been hit by the oncoming truck ! Even if she'd been an a motorcycle she'd have likely ended up in the ditch (or as a hood ornament on the truck).

The oncoming driver is completely at fault. As soon as he saw the car coming at him he should have slowed and pulled back into his own lane behind the lorry. Instead he decided to try and bull his way through and only swerved back into his own lane at the last moment.

When I see a situation like this on the road, one driver will often flash his/her lights to indicate that they aren't going to pull over no matter what so you'd better get out of their way. I've had to do the full press on the brakes and aim for the edge of the road a few times. I've been lucky that there's normally been a shoulder to pull onto (and that shoulder wasn't covered in sand or other crap).

driver.jpg

Edited by Kerryd