Ex-PM Thaksin asks Thai people if they are better off 14 years since the putsch

rooster59

2 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The rich obviously are, the poor not at all.

Cannot wait to read the drivel from the Thaksin haters, who, by the way, was fairly elected, as was his sister, who was also illegally deposed.

I expect that most of those farangs have died or been forced to leave Thailand.  14 years is a long time and I am depressed knowing how quickly time has passed.

In respect to the former PM Thaksin, he is still obsessed with having his revenge and regaining  his lost face. Right or wrong, that period is over. He cannot go back in time.  He's like the old guy who sits on the stoop,  waving his cane and yelling at the kids  making too much noise when they play on the street.

And to those who will criticize the man now for being opportunistic. Well, in the good old days of the anti Thaksin posturing in TVF, if the position was reversed and Thaksin or Yingluck still around, his detractors and critics would be ripping into him because of the Covid19 response. Their Covid19 response would have been little different than the current administration's.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

In the beginning Thaksin did a lot of good for Thai people, woke up the Civil service

so you could get things done in a day,not a week,introduce free health service for Thais

and Farangs,really took action against drug dealers,(killing them maybe went too far),

BUT...then he realised rolling out populist policies  for the poor,meant he did not have

to spend his own money to buy votes,and would always win elections,I am not sure

if he really wanted to really help the poor,or just a political ploy,but the poor of Isan

maybe felt for the first time someone cared about their plight.

Then ,as power does it corrupted him, like our friend in America I think he would

loved to become a dictator,that's what power does to you.

regards worgeordie

I like the way you present your opinion as fact there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

I expect that most of those farangs have died or been forced to leave Thailand.  14 years is a long time and I am depressed knowing how quickly time has passed.

In respect to the former PM Thaksin, he is still obsessed with having his revenge and regaining  his lost face. Right or wrong, that period is over. He cannot go back in time.  He's like the old guy who sits on the stoop,  waving his cane and yelling at the kids  making too much noise when they play on the street.

And to those who will criticize the man now for being opportunistic. Well, in the good old days of the anti Thaksin posturing in TVF, if the position was reversed and Thaksin or Yingluck still around, his detractors and critics would be ripping into him because of the Covid19 response. Their Covid19 response would have been little different than the current administration's.

A long rant about Covid, & not much else.

At least you're not labelling people 'uneducated fools' like you have a number of times.