I’m looking to buy my first air conditioning unit – the sales man told me this ?

Bed Presser

This is my first post so I’m hoping some one can comment .

I am looking for an inverter wall mounted air conditioner unit to install in a 20 square meter bed room . I was looking at a sales display of air conditioner units at a Global House store .

I asked the air conditioner units sales man how much the Samsung AC unit on display was and if the price included installing . He said the price did not include installing the AC unit. But the store could arrange the installation.

I happened to say to the sales man that I knew of a local village AC guy who could do the installation work . The Global House AC sales man said that if the Samsung AC unit they had on display was going to be installed by an out side installation man , then that person must be a fully approved Samsung AC installation engineer. The sales person went onto say that if the Samsung AC was installed by a non approved Samsung AC installation engineer , then that would void certain parts of the original Samsung manufactures AC unit warranty.  I asked the sales man , what he meant by ‘’ void parts of the Samsung manufactures warranty ‘’ . The sales man said that if an out side non approved Samsung AC installation engineer , installed the AC unit then the only remaining part of the original Samsung AC unit warranty would be a shorter duration for the  compressor only , all the other original Samsung warranty areas covered would then all be void .

Has any one come across this type of thing where if a AC unit is purchased and installed by an out side private installation engineer , then the AC units manufactures original warranty will be affected in some way 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think its b/sh*t

are you also implying that the global installation guy is also approved by all the different aircon manufactures

find a shop where the installation is included, you did not mention the on top installation charge

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get whoever you buy from to fit it...if you don’t...if you have a problem later they will pass it back and forth ...

What size of air con unit are you thinking will be suitable?

• Like 1

When I had my AC units installed, they were done by the shop's own team smartly dressed in Home Pro jackets. Very professional and included in the purchase price. The installation was also included in the shop warranty. 

I have since had a few repairs done by the local guy who was also very good.

So I would say that let the professionals do the installation but after sales/warranty would be best to get the local guy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The usual cost of installing an AC is 2,000 not 500 so you are getting an amazing deal at that price.

Don't where you live but up here in the boonies the Global House installer removed an old air-con and fitted the new one we were quoted 500 to take out 500 to fit new.

Yeah.  All the AC I have bought in Thailand include "free" installation.  Never bought from Global though.  Delivery is a different issue.  Since we live outside of the free delivery area, there has always been a B500 or so charge for that (unless purchased from the local guy but they have been slow to offer "inverter").

• Like 2

Before you buy the Samsung unit, take a look at how to access the removable air filter components.  I’ve seen some Samsung units that are ridiculously difficult to open and access once they’re installed.  The model your looking at that is on display should allow you to check this important feature.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

the best !

Yes I would have to agree that Daiken are up there amongst the best, and I was about to buy one, until I was offered a good deal on a Mitsubishi inverter aircon, with fitting included, so I took that and have been very happy ever since.

I have been very unhappy with the last two Samsung aircon's I had, in fact I was so unhappy with the last one in my rental apartment, that I had it taken away and paid out of my pocket for the Mitsubishi!

There are some great deals around at the moment on aircon units, so if it's possible for you to shop around, then by all means do so.

• Like 1

I have 7 airconditions and they cleanit every 6 mont. Works good.

But now you can buy aircondition mit solacell and batteries. Then you get free elecktrig.

Where you live?  I live in Chaiyaphum adn here is shob  thei sell it.

It is next house fron Isuzu dealer.

8 hours ago, Excel said:

Well what Global house told you is plausible and in the real world common sense. How ever don't be 100% reliant on what any salesman tell you, especially in Thailand.  Seems for 500 baht, if that is what you have been quoted for the install, it is the usual installation fee.  However to ensure the salesman is accurate in his statement ask to see the Samsung certificate of approval for the installer whom will undertake your work. No certificate then clearly no proof of competency, just meaningless sales talk. 

In LOS (and other places) it's a case of directing the customer towards another installer or whatever because there's a commission to be had. 

Exactly the same as the washing machine salesman telling my farang friend that LG washers were very poor quality and tried to convince my friend to buy a xxx washer. 

Friend's Thai buddy spoke to another salesman 'I'm interested to work in a dept., like this, which manufacturer pays the highest commission?'

Sure enough the washer recommended to the farang was the brand which paid the best commission. 

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Makes perfect sense.

If the Samsung AC tech screws it up it’s his fault & Samsung are responsible.

If an outside AC tech screws up the installation, why should Samsung be responsible?

it’s the same if outside techs change something on a car’s electrical system, the brakes etc my still be under warranty but the electrics won’t be. 

I hard wired in my own dash-cam (on my motorcycle) I went away for a few weeks and the battery was totally drained. BMW said they didn’t need to honor the warranty but would (I just bought a new battery from a third party vendor anyway as I didn’t want to wait the 2 weeks it would take to get a new battery) 

I agree that sounds sensible.

However, this being Thailand, how many of us would check that the person sent to install with the new unit was Samsung trained?

You know what happens - they send the available person - qualified or not!

Of course - one could ask for credentials and receive the answer - "I not understand' - you think too much....!

44 minutes ago, Travel Dude said:

Where do you find an installation at 500 thb? It is normally between 2500 - 3000 to install an aircon. 

500 is the price for cleaning an aircon.

Often new aircon's purchases include free installation.

Firstly you're find the fitting of new air-cons cost 500 where I live in Sukhothai bought from Global  House. 

Secondly the prices you are talking of 2k,  3k are probably places like Bangkok.

Thirdly cleaning priced range from 9 BTU to 12 BTU 300, our 18 BTU 400.

Forthly new air-cons bought from places that fit free cost more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Forthly new air-cons bought from places that fit free cost more.

Depends on the product and "promotions" in place.

i was kind of hoping you had at least a sixthly though.  ????

Cleaning charge in Ban Dung is B500 no matter what size or type.

Edited by bankruatsteve

6 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Depends on the product and "promotions" in place.

i was kind of hoping you had at least a sixthly though.  ????

Cleaning charge in Ban Dung is B500 no matter what size or type.

Sickly though ???? everywhere has guys doing things for different prices as you know the main thing is finding the right guy. 

• Like 1