Phuket Sandbox drama: Tourist flees hotel to find Thai wife

webfact

6 minutes ago, DFPhuket said:

I'm in the sandbox now. The reality is that you only need to stay in your room until after your first test comes back (mine took 10 hours). After that you are free to come and go as you'd like. You must have your QR code scanned once a day at the hotel and leave your tracking app turned on. But you don't really have to sleep in the hotel bed each night. 

The sandbox folks, who (mostly) had Western vaccines, a PCR test before the flight, another test when landing, and then a 3rd and 4th test, are at much less of a risk to have or pass on Covid that the locals living in Phuket. 

They obviously have different regulations for different locations. In Koh Samui you are not allowed to leave the hotel the first 3 days. 

•   Day 1-3: Can leave the hotel room for designated areas in the hotel only;

•   Day 4-7: Can travel within designated routes and on tour programmes on Ko Samui only;

•   Day 8-14: Can travel within Ko Samui, Ko Phangan and Ko Tao;

•   Day 15: If the last test on Day 12-13 is negative, can go anywhere in Thailand.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/07/06/an-extensive-faq-for-foreign-tourists-who-want-to-visit-koh-samui-koh-tao-or-koh-phangan-the-samui-plus-program-starting-from-later-this-month/

• Like 1

I wonder what they do if the phone of one of those tourists has no battery charge anymore.

Imagine in the morning you go out to the beach and at noon the police is watching for you because your tracker signal is off since hours.

• Like 1