Supermarkets can't open on alternate days, more measures at fresh food markets, NSC/CCSA chief

webfact

38 minutes ago, bbko said:

Post title says "Supermarkets can't open on alternate days", but article says that idea was rejected, no need to add confusion to an already ever changing situation. 

Yes, had me concerned before I read the details.....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

People congregating in mass at Big-C, Makro, Tesco.  All Ok and perfectly safe.
People going to outdoor fresh markets.  No good.  Unsafe.

Big-C, Makro, Tesco - Corporations run by wealthy interests.
Fresh markets - individual, small business owner.

What's the real goal?  The goal of unbridled capitalism.  Take the money from the poor and give it to the rich.

The fresh markets are no more of a danger than the corporate stores other then the government has made it a priority to destroy small business and give their wealth to corporations.  "Safety" is a poor excuse.

The locals can barely afford supermarkets. I paid B325 for 340g tinned NZ corned beef, and the sodium content alone was cause for further regret.

By comparison, a local chain in CM near me, offers several quality dishes with sides in that price range, plus a coupon for future dining, plus near-free delivery.

We can vote with our baht, and so can the poor at wet markets, If they want a revolution, they're certainly goading the population on.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gee you mean he publicly said that people congregate at day markets?  This just makes a night curfew so ridiculous since during the day, people gather en masse or at least pass by many other people at various places, markets, temples, on buses or trains, etc.  Distancing is the key, but that is very hard to enforce and people tend to bunch up.  here in the USA people usually ignored the "Stand her" 6 foot markings and would edge closer. And if you said get back they start yelling and assaulting your literally.  Now those step markings are mostly gone, but signs still say maintain distancing please.  Of course with the mask mandate now mostly gone, the allegedly vaccinated people that are un masked, just get within the old one or two foot distance.  They are totally ignorant of how effective distance and limiting time exposure can be in reducing spread.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

The locals can barely afford supermarkets. I paid B325 for 340g tinned NZ corned beef, and the sodium content alone was cause for further regret.

By comparison, a local chain in CM near me, offers several quality dishes with sides in that price range, plus a coupon for future dining, plus near-free delivery.

We can vote with our baht, and so can the poor at wet markets, If they want a revolution, they're certainly goading the population on.

Is it that strange that a nice import product is expensive ?. The big C is not that expensive for normal products.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

General Natthaphol Nakpanich said before a meeting that he was listening to the media's suggestions. 

If it's a free for all with suggestions then I've got one they use frequently in France :

Supermarkets on the Left hand side of the road can open between the 1st and 15th  of the month, those on the Right Hand side can open between the 16th  and end of the month.

Here's another.  November last year  everything was open, life carried on . Number of new daily cases counted on fingers and toes , deaths constant at 50 (ish).  Today, lock down, restaurants, bars, pools , gyms, massage all closed, talk of closing  supermarkets.  Daily cases 10k+ fatalities 100+.

Conclusion: revert to November 2020 strategy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So the headline is correct saying that they CAN'T open on alternate days, they CAN open every day.

It should read NOT to open on alternate days, because there aren't ANY days when they CAN'T open, the Queens English isn't that difficult. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This is all very simple, one way systems and number restricted entries to all supermarkets and markets. One way in or out and a guy with a counter is all that is needed. Surely even in Thailand they could implement this system?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2