Thailand reports daily record of 15,335 coronavirus cases, 129 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Well, if you call vaccinating most of the medical staff with Sinovac "getting it right"...  ????

And now having to go back and give all of them 3rd shots of either AZ or Pfizer (that if they had done it right in the first place, otherwise could have been used among the general public).

Well, the list was right, the implementation a requires improvement. 5555

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The biggest issue by far is the closure of Factories.

Many of them are involved in Export production, and this is the only stream of revenue that is entering into the Government Coffers at the moment.

I guess it can affect factories that are mostly in labour intensive industries like in garment, food etc. These industries are however not contributing much to total exports. Machinery, vehicles, equipment etc which are produced with automation and with less labour contribute to the bulk of export revenues. These companies which are mostly foreign owned are also better in managing their factories. Perhaps there are lessons post COVID for labour intensive factories which are mostly Thai owned to install more automation and rely less on cheap labour. 

32 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Each province's daily domestic COVID-19 cases update in Thailand on Sunday

Total: 15,316

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1419180967395139586Image

Samut Prakan becomes the third Thai province, after Bangkok and Samut Sakhon, to report more than 1,000 new COVID cases in a single day.

Next in line, more than likely, Phetchabun...

4 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Measures taken have already turned what was a nice place into a dystopian hellhole of boredom. What is there even left to close?

Not for everyone.

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Gone from as low as 25 only 22 days ago to 88 today huh? Or are you just highlighting that after the 3 record breaking previous three days, there is currently a one day dip to 88?

Or, we just draw our own conclusions from the information presented? that seems fair enough.

As noted those are numbers for a province with a population of 1.8 million. totaling 2358 since April 1.

22 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Please don't leave out any of the finer details of your plan on how to implement such an easy method that has eluded some of the best minds in the world.

My comment was in reference to inter provience travel in particular. 

That is easy to do.

The current 'restrictions' for inter provience travel are virtually non existent.

Have you read or looked at form for travel. Even the 'reason' field is optional.

You refer to Oz (not me). Try traveling from one state to another in a lockdown. No chance.

No need to outline how to prevent inter provience travel in Thailand. It's management control 101.

• Like 1

Brought up in the other thread, if you are going to impose a restriction to save lives, why wouldn’t forbidding up and down movement on elevators for the healthy be the first thing to close? For sure elevators are more dangerous than parks and beaches. So what gives? 

Oh, that’s right. We don’t actually wanna impose efficacious orders when people are dying. Makes a lot of sense. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Vaccinations update by target group:

Note: the percentages below are NOT the amounts of those total populations vaccinated. The percentages ARE share of the government's lesser 70% target goals that have been vaccinated thus far.

The one thing that stands out to me below is... how far they still have to go, and how little they've done thus far, in vaccinating the most vulnerable age 60 and above population, only 19% of their goal having received a first shot, and just over 1% of their goal having received both shots.

But hey, more than 70% of Phuket's population has received their first shot, and they're open to vaccinated tourists again, so life is GOOD!  ????

1651412126_2021-07-24VaccinationsbyTargetGroup.thumb.jpg.868095101a5c9df77f549e302507de89.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/371832967768367

If they had done it properly and targeted those that need it most, they could have done more than 80% of over 60's by now, but instead they gave it to the general public? What a really stupid decision

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

When I read your post and then think about what this Government thinks truly of the lower class of people it makes me angry knowing that it may be a form of allowed genocide.  Just shocking to think like this, but if it was only to allow them to go home and live together because they could pool their resources then I could buy it, but then my mind turns to the darkness that I believe pervades the minds of those in power.  Sorry, but I had to say what was on my mind and how I feel.

The Gangsters running the country; and i mean those pulling the strings of the Puppets in Government House, don't care if a few million 'Sheeple' die.   Why would they as it makes no difference to their cozy positions or their Bank Balances and lessens the possibilty that any of the deceased might join protest groups which are bound to be on the streets when all this Covid is dealt with !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Pattaya area keeps rising.  I have regular girls I date who keep contacting me.  No way Jose, not worth the risk at this point will stick to the internet for my fun.

Think of the money we are all saving, no bar fines and no girl drinks.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 795 new cases and two more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (196), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (231), and Si Racha (182). The total cases so far is now 19,909 with 9,075 remaining in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1419091214540754948

Are figures like these available for Bangkok?

Massive fail by the incompetent government who are watching Thailand spiral into a catastrophic disaster as soon they will be at 50,000 new cases a day, perhaps by August 01. It’s headed for over 100,000 per day with no plan! Lockdowns alone will not solve it, they need to spend some of that money they hold in reserve because propping up the Baht won’t help Thailand survive this disaster???? All I hear is going to, looking at, talking with when it comes to buying vaccine……….time for action????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

These people are but the tip of the Iceberg when it comes to ways of either avoiding, or downright ignoring of any Covid measures.

Like what "ways" specifically? 

Ya know, in a pandemic like this one, every single individual has a responsibility for doing the "right thing" and when they don't, there are BIG consequences that are paid for by all.  It only takes ones irresponsible person to create a mass-spreader event, just one single person has the power to do that.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, James105 said:

9th April - Bars ordered closed in Chonburi and no alcohol to be served in restaurants.  Number of cases = 34

25th July after 3 months of these measures.   Number of cases = 795

Any explanation as to why these measures have made the situation so much worse?  

Maybe without those measures the toll would be much higher

if they had enough tests, those cases will be much higher

over in Europe some countries went from 5,000 to 25,000 in less than 10 days,

yet here in Thailand, it's hovering over 15,000, that rate is "suspicious" low and not in line with the rest of the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

My comment was in reference to inter provience travel in particular. 

That is easy to do.

The current 'restrictions' for inter provience travel are virtually non existent.

Have you read or looked at form for travel. Even the 'reason' field is optional.

You refer to Oz (not me). Try traveling from one state to another in a lockdown. No chance.

No need to outline how to prevent inter provience travel in Thailand. It's management control 101.

"Very easy actually."This is your reply saying that it is very easy to implement an "effective" travel restriction.I ask how you would very easily implement an effective travel restriction, provincial or other, remembering that crucial supplies must be maintained in and out of Bangkok.You don't seemed to have satisfactorily supplied your very easy method.I did mention OZ and those that ordered it and those that implemented it said it was extremely difficult.In the case of the Vic "ring of Steel" the police have said they don't want to do it again because it was too difficult.In the case of the Thai provincial restriction would you say that it's effective?Sure it's easy to say there are restrictions in place but can supply any evidence of their effectiveness?Can you say that it was easy for anyone to order and enforce even the limited restrictions that are now in place?Management control 101 you say but is it effective management control 101 or is it a sad joke?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

From the 140 active clusters in Bangkok, 112 have reported cases in the past 14 days including 39 in worker camps & working sites, 33 at businesses & factories, 21 around markets & shopping centres, 15 at residential areas, 5 at care homes & 8 others.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1419185103037603844

Why do they keep talking about clusters? They should just say Bangkok is one big cluster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1