Wasnt greener on the "other side"was it !

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

But as the saying goes ...."it aint always greener on the other side "

So, the guy is a braggert and reality hits like a popped balloon,,, with no young ladies to call handsome man when he walks past.. [some guys do actually believe it]

sorry but he does not sound like a charming guy in the best of times...

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

In the 35 years of living here I have never been to Pattaya

That must be an impossible mission for most people. Is there any reason you have avoided that city? I mean, a visit can be made by everyone. If you like it or not, is another ball game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

i want to go back to Australia and work back with you guys"...i miss work "

he then kept asking about people at work..."hows tim going ? etc etc.....then asking about minute types of things at work eg, "are they watering my pot plants that i had near my desk?

He now has all the time in the world, and he would prefer to spend it back at his job.  Hmm...

The phrase I've heard Americans use too often is live like a king.  It means having a maid to clean up your mess and being able to drink all day.  That last one can get ugly depending on circumstances.

Edited by bendejo

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

OP's friend sound like the archetypical loser. Manages to tread in dog poo and fall in the mud wherever he finds himself. 

Meanwhile, the OP is getting all the female company he can handle :

• Sad 1

Loneliness can be a killer for people that can't handle being by themselves. And being stuck in a small studio staring at four walls can't be great for his mood.

Even in these strange times with no tourists and everything shut, there are things to do. Even for a barfly. But it's up to the individual to either get out there and do something about it, or seek help. Staring at the bottom of a glass is not the answer.

There must be a lot of expats in the same boat, and not just in Pattaya. All looking for friendship or a bit of company.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Pattaya is usually the first destination for Farangs getting off the plane,

Don't know why I haven't made it there, been all over the North , North East,

Middle, the South, and Islands. I don't drink alcohol , or hang around in

bars, I have not really avoided Pattaya ,might get there one day and I am

sure I will marvel at all the attractions I didn't know I was missing ????

regards Worgeordie

Actually, there are some places to see but not so many. I have never been much for Pattaya either, but been there a couple of times. Especially, like you say, in the early days of travelling to Thailand. I do drink, so I am probably getting more out of a visit than you. However, if that is in a good or bad way can be left to consider and dwell about in the early morning. ???? 

Thing that you might consider visiting if you make your trip can be The Sanctuary of Truth, The Stone Park, Crocodile Farm and Jomtien Night Market. Anyway, for that to be a good experience things have to go back to normal first. Now it´s just better to stay put and enjoy the garden. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

As others have said.... he's only one person.   the saying "no matter where you go,  you will always find yourself"   might be appropriate ????

so georgie,  take a good look in the mirror before you decide to come here....... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tonray said:

I've got a girlfriend who doesn't mind having my guitars hanging on the living room wall in her house...you just can't get that in America

I always think it's funny when I read or hear what some girlfriends allow their sponsor to do.

And this is not about how many other girls he can have - I understand that is a difficult conversation.

But if I want to hang guitars or electronic parts or flowers or motorcycles on my walls it is entirely up to me. If my gf doesn't like it she may tell me that she doesn't like it. So what?

Why do so many guys need to ask their girlfriends about these little things?

If she doesn't like it then she should look for another sponsor. That concept is easy enough to understand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

Thanks for a truly idiotic response. Your use of the word sponsor tells a lot about your demeanor and how you view relationships as transactional events. Grow up a bit you might find a real GF who you don't need to pay off.

I guess you are one of the smart guys who would never every pay for female company. You probably married a grown up women and have kids with her. And then one day when she walk away and wants at least half of everything then maybe you will realize that you paid a lot more than others.

Or to quote a friend who was once married: Leasing is a lot cheaper than buying.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

There is a very enjoyable past time - people watching - one of those things anybody can do, in the malls, on the beach, especially sitting alone with a beer in bars. I guess covid has killed that off in the main and could well have created a huge gap in the entertainment schedule of the participants

That is obviously a interesting way to spend some time. But to be sure everybody should have some more options than only people watching. 

• Like 2