Thai PM sees signs of pandemic slowing with adherence to current restrictions

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

COVID-19 spread

Would  this be  like "Utterley Butterly" and where can I  buy it? its  obviously the Pm's new  covid repellant along with the falah jaaaaaaa

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

Translation: “Letting people know the truth about how badly we’ve buffooned this crisis isn’t working….it’s time to go back to lying about everything.”

Yep.

Tried and true.

Don't try to fix things that aren't broken.

• Like 1

As I said already.... Less testing, split the cases in general people, prisons and Rapid test, which we don't count and see numbers are declining. It is working the lock down and the sinovac... So the country can open on 1st October ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said yesterday (Wednesday) that he is seeing signs that the COVID-19 spread in Thailand is slowing and the pandemic may reach its peak soon, if the current lockdown measures are strictly observed, with infections hopefully decreasing in September.

I wish I had his vision.... 

• Haha 2

Without a vaccination plan, the options are limited. 

Shelter-in-place to slow (not stop) the pace to allow medicos to maintain some semblance of care for those seriously sticken, and maybe spare a few lives.

Or, open 'er up and live, and die, with it.

The former seems reasonable, the latter? Maybe less so.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

The old problem remains - the factories are still manufacturing Covid

The numbers of very sick will fall as vaccination is rolled out

I hope he is right but I cannot see how.

I have friends that live nearby in my deep red province west of Bkk, they have sons & daughters that work in a local factory.

Many have contracted Covid, last week of July they started home isolation... unfortunately one succumbed to a lung infection and has passed away... age 36 with two children.

• Sad 7

13 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

-record the daily numbers given by thai authorities about patients in "serious conditions" and among them, the patients with "ventilators" (ICUs). Twitter ThaiNewsReport gives those number each day.

-put everything into a spreadsheet.

-calculate the daily progression in %

-make an average 7 days

-plot the data on a chart

What do you see ? A clear downward trend from end of june to now. From +4 % to almost 0 now.

3 explanations possible :

-thai doctors treat better

-the virus is peaking

-the vaccines start to work (reduce the number of severe cases)

A mix of all 3.

Add to the equation the fact that even without any human intervention... a virus always "peaks" (bell shape).

So yes i know it's fashion and easy to laugh about Prayuth... but as a matter of fact... data prove him right.

This Covid "wave" is almost over.

Sorry for the doom lovers.

I think your confused. Numbers on the graph have been increasing since the end of June, not the way your saying. Everyday for the most part ICU, critical care cases and deaths have increased. Take a look again, and oh add I. Those that are released and being treated still in isolation or home and then the positive ATK cases that are isolated at home with many needing assistance as well as dying.  No doom or gloom just reality.

• Like 2