Need your opinion as experts on Thai girls, telling my experience

John2021

On 8/29/2021 at 4:04 AM, bunnydrops said:

Pretty much my story. Met on Thaikisses, Married 2 months after I met her. A hard working woman. Even though I told her she didn't have to work, she works everyday for less than 500 baht a day when here in Thailand. ^ months out of the year we go back to the US where she got a job working in landscaping. 11 years together now. I recommend the book "Thai Fever" to learn about how Thai women think.

I think this is the thing most westerners fail to acknowledge here though, You met her and quickly got married. Most guys including myself want to date for at least a year or more before we get married and the thing with most thai girls is if you are not married then many consider themselves single still. 

What do people expect from online dating?

Pretty/cute young girls have more than enough opportunities to meet guys in real life. If they go online they will only have hundreds of more available guys waiting for them.

So if you are superman or maybe a Korean boy band member then those girls might be really interested in finding YOU. What chances have normal guys to find great girls for a real relationship on the internet? About 0.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What do people expect from online dating?

Pretty/cute young girls have more than enough opportunities to meet guys in real life. If they go online they will only have hundreds of more available guys waiting for them.

So if you are superman or maybe a Korean boy band member then those girls might be really interested in finding YOU. What chances have normal guys to find great girls for a real relationship on the internet? About 0.

this is why i always worked the backstage passes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm glad you realise that "luck" was involved.

Yup. I definitely lost the height game. Purely luck. In about 6th grade I noticed that I just stopped growing. In the US and most other Western countries the ladies all want 6'+. Ridiculous when this is largely the exception. Totally superficial also. Being seen next to that big guy is quite the status symbol, regardless of how much of a jerk he might be. Which usually winds up being the case when seeking others with superficial priorities. I solved that problem coming to a country where most of the chicks are 5'. ???? Now I seem to have gotten lucky with my wife.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:36 PM, John2021 said:

Shall i change nationality? What am i doing wrong? Thanks for your feedback.

All you seem to want to do is date and enjoy, that's why you find the girls you use.

There in it for the same reason.

As for finding a new love after dumping you that's because they dumped you, would you think they would miss you or mourn their loss for months?

They move-on.

Try some commitment and sincerity you might find likewise.

16 minutes ago, jesimps said:

After several months of bar mongering I met my missus at a local restaurant where she worked as a temporary waitress/cook.

That's the same path I took. Had my fun after having arrived, then popped into a random small restuarant down a Sukhumvit soi. Causally chatted up a waitress. Got her Line ID like it was nothing, I'd already gotten so many. Cute, but not a stunner, which really is the way to go if you're expecting an LTR. Though at the time I wasn't expecting much of it. Then over time we just kept talking and talking, then I moved far away and we kept talking. I was surprised she wanted to stay in touch, then wanted to come see me. All these other chicks I had in progress were flaky, just wanted to mess around, or began shamelessly hitting me up for cash, which she never did. So we ended up living together, then later got married. Lucky she's a hard worker, and for awhile we had a successful little business going, which Covid's put a stop to unfortunately. I believe she'll go far when I take her back to the States.

On 8/28/2021 at 11:03 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

"Love is just a four letter word" (Bob Dylan)

"What you call love was invented by guys like me to sell nylons" (Don Draper)

Love seems to be a five letter word here 'money'.  This is not to say there are not some very wonderful, loving and loyal Thai ladies here.  Instead of bars, parties etc, look at the educated ladies working in banks, hospitals and the like.  You have been looking in the wrong places.  The girls you refer to see their current boy friends off on the departures level at the airport then go to the arrivals area to snag a new one. 

1 minute ago, dlclark97 said:

Love seems to be a five letter word here 'money'.  This is not to say there are not some very wonderful, loving and loyal Thai ladies here.  Instead of bars, parties etc, look at the educated ladies working in banks, hospitals and the like.  You have been looking in the wrong places.  The girls you refer to see their current boy friends off on the departures level at the airport then go to the arrivals area to snag a new one. 

And, forget the dating and other social (anti social) websites.  Anyone can post their or anyone else's pictures to get the conversation started.  Once you fall in love having never met them face to face they may be looking for money to get passports and plane tickets to come meet with you.  They often may be working from scripts provided to them by their employer. 

On 8/29/2021 at 6:49 AM, ezzra said:

All the rest of your post is moot, in Thailand money talks, the rest walks, while everywhere else you can melt a lady heart with bunch of flowers, here a bunch of money will do the trick and the rest is just icing on the cake...

Because flowers in the rest of the world are for free????? ????????????

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But most of those western women are ugly and have a bad attitude. And if you find the 1 in thousands who is pretty and has no attitude why would she want to waste her time with you? (sorry not just you, basically all of us).

Personally I think it's a good idea to look for the important things in life: A girl should be pretty and cute and fun and smile at me, and obviously it's good if she can cook. If I want a challenging conversation there are some smart people out there. And at least 99% of them are not what I would date or marry.

Conversations here are ALWAYS challenging. ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:24 PM, TC17 said:

I think there are three issues here.

1) In this culture, the woman expects the man to support them and their family.  In return, you will be cared for in old age.  2)  Buddhism very much encourages you to live in the moment. The now is whatatters most.  The dwelling on the past leads to depression and dwelling on the future leads to anxiety.  

3)  What brings you here, brings thousands of guys here.  So your competition is fierce.  

Good observation.

Met my Thai wife when I was 26 and she was 21 and still happy together 30 years later and 3 grown up kids. The only difference between her and my English girlfriend of 4 years is her temper!! My English girlfriend was incredibly gentle whereas my Thai wife can be quite be quite feisty when she's tired..but that aside I don't see any difference between English and Thai women. Sounds like you're seeing hookers not regular women.. If that's the case then you're always gonna be cheated and lied to. They're mentally and physically damaged as would any hooker in any country be. Best way to meet a nice Thai partner is thru introduction from someone you know and trust. Same as anywhere else in  the world. 

• Confused 1

Once the get out of you what they want. Or see there is no financial benefit in the future(Money, free trips, gold or what ever) they move on to the next bigger and better sucker. There is some dumb U tube blogger who just got dumped.  She didn't see any new car or house from this cheap guy . And moved on. He was always looking for cheap hotels and sleeping in his van. And he is milking I'm a victim on his blog . Very pathetic in my opinion.  

Edited by BTB1977

On 8/28/2021 at 10:36 PM, John2021 said:

this recurring thing, they finish with you and after a day or so (or during) they have another man

they are following my grandmothers sage advice...the quickest way to get over a relationship is to get under another one.

3 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

I think this is the thing most westerners fail to acknowledge here though, You met her and quickly got married. Most guys including myself want to date for at least a year or more before we get married and the thing with most thai girls is if you are not married then many consider themselves single still. 

I understand your point. But maybe in this case I thought like a Thai. I dated many girls for as long as 5 years. I really didn't want to get married. But as I got into my 60s, I decided that it was time and was looking for someone for that purpose.