If Pattaya officials want to re-open Pattaya they should be arranging jabs for all the working girls.

bbabythai

I am sure all the girls that wanna return need not just to show proof of vaccination as in most jobs these days in Thailand - most likely they must pay the shots by themself as I have seen it with many 'low income / not employed' people. Very sad. The more pretty ones will be ok of course via a foreign donation. The 'others' like the old Mama in Udon Thani nobody cares ....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

To my knowledge they talked in the news about reopening Pattaya as a family destination, not about reopening the former nightlife, so you probably don't need to worry about unvaccinated working girls...????

Working girls AND boys will be the last on the list of government thoughts for Pattaya, if at all. Even nightlife and such is lucky to get a look in.

However, looking at it sensibly, all those that come into contact with people and the public need to be vaccinated. As the saying goes, nobody is safe until everybody is safe.

Total vaccination is the only way to go throughout the country, or we end up with a China or Vietnam or UK where every time you are getting on top of the virus then clusters start exploding, because humans are creatures of habit and will move around.

I don't understand these guys on here constantly talking about a diminishing industry such as street walkers and hookers.

First, the government has to mandate there will be bar girls. Many hot ones (according to my preferences).  555

Remember that Pattaya is being changed to a family destination. What the attraction to families will be is to be unveiled at the proper time. In other words, it hasn't been thought of yet. 555

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Remember that Pattaya is being changed to a family destination. What the attraction to families will be is to be unveiled at the proper time. In other words, it hasn't been thought of yet. 555

Indeed, that would require a very high intelligence to work out just what Pattaya has to attract families ( other than the Russians, who often had a child or 2 as they strolled along Walking Street ).

I look forward to seeing how they will make the proverbial silk purse out of the proverbial pig's ear.

Perhaps they can convert the derelict monstrosity into the world's most thrilling ride. They could market it along the lines of "the ultimate thrill ride that one never knows if they will survive. Only in exciting Pattaya, the Riviera of SEA".

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Is that what they're telling you?

Yes unforunately, the bar girls are here back in my village. Some are making the most of the situation, selling food by the road, working online, or maintaining relationships with sponsors abroad. Yet others insist on making it well known to everyone they hate their situation, permanently scowling and stomping around, barking complaints at their dear grandparents. Word has it they're waiting to get married off to Thai BFs, having no other options. Can't wait til they go.

• Sad 1

But but but why would working girls be so important to Pattaya reopening. Going by a lot of posters Pattaya is not about the workers at all. It's all about the fine dining, wonderful shopping and beautiful beaches. Are you trying to say that Pattaya is somehow reliant on the sex industry? Pattaya? No way.

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2021 at 10:35 PM, BestB said:

yes feels like that, and it did close the country from memory 1 month before that, but thats the official date ????

March 20th 2020 was the day they 'closed' the country for people entering without covid test, entering. I was in a hotel BKK waiting on my daughters arrival, Messaged

''Dad i've checked in and through security"  ''now at at gate''

''Sorry dad they will only let Thai residents board, I have to have Covid test and can't get one at HLR'' .........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, that would require a very high intelligence to work out just what Pattaya has to attract families ( other than the Russians, who often had a child or 2 as they strolled along Walking Street ).

I look forward to seeing how they will make the proverbial silk purse out of the proverbial pig's ear.

Perhaps they can convert the derelict monstrosity into the world's most thrilling ride. They could market it along the lines of "the ultimate thrill ride that one never knows if they will survive. Only in exciting Pattaya, the Riviera of SEA".

I always thought walking through the gauntlet of ladyboys along the beach was an adventurous "ride". What would be the family equivalent? 555

34 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

March 20th 2020 was the day they 'closed' the country for people entering without covid test, entering. I was in a hotel BKK waiting on my daughters arrival, Messaged

''Dad i've checked in and through security"  ''now at at gate''

''Sorry dad they will only let Thai residents board, I have to have Covid test and can't get one at HLR'' .........

And many including myself thought it will not last mote than 2-3 months and here we are????

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The reality is that a significant fraction of bar girls in Pattaya are in process of vaccination. Maybe 10% with 2 jabs already, 50%+ with one jab, and a small fraction, mostly non-Thai, not yet jabbed.

I have a vaccine date with a bar girl today in Pattaya.

Are you sure.....? Because as far as I know there aren't any bar girls in Pattaya right now.