Foreigners in Thailand have until Nov 26 to apply for ‘COVID extensions’

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The current order for the 60 day extensions ends on November 26th. You would have to apply prior to that day unless they extend it again. If you applied on the 27th the application would not be accepted/

but if i arrive on nov 1 on  a two month tourist visa . maybe i could get the 60 day covid extension immediately ,  like nov 7,  that would give me 4 months,  then after that is up i could still try for my one time 30 day extension.??  worth a try , maybe if i went to an immigration office in like thammarat or somewhere they dont have many tourists

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

A bit off topic, but curious. I have had a reply in regards to extensions, that it is needed to be done by October 1st as there is a shake up happening within immigration. 

Anybody with any knowledge to what Might be happening?

Thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

The current order for the 60 day extensions ends on November 26th. You would have to apply prior to that day unless they extend it again. If you applied on the 27th the application would not be accepted/

thanks i guess my only hope is they keep having some sort of options for someone in for a few months.  to get extra time.  you suggested before that if the border run is not available that they will continue the covid extension.   im interested in vietnam as as well,,,,,,,,maybe soon that island in vietnam would open up .  and then i guess without any visa at all  i could come back for a free 30 days.  and have a one time extension of that for 30 days.   scenerio. i come on two month visa and then extend 30 days.  then i fly to that viet island for a month.  now im at 4 months.  and i come back to thailand visa free for another 30 days,  now im at 5 months,  and i can probably get a 30 day extension added on .  now thats six months. bottom line is the thais have full records on computer for every person and thier attempts to stay in kingdom permanently,  so if i have a proven track record of only winter travel (nov to may) for many years they will see that in thier computer and grant me a visa. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1