Cryptic statement from girlfriend

Ttvc44

2 hours ago, JayClay said:

It doesn't seem abstract enough to be a saying. Maybe it's a line from a song?

What preceded this? Did you ask her "what's wrong?" and does she often refer to you as her big brother? If both are true then the response makes sense because "ไม่มีอะไรหรอก" means "nothing". And "พี่ชาย" is big brother.

"พาฉันไปทุกที่ ที่รัก" just seems to imply that she wants her to take you with her wherever you go.

I am impressed.

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The op claim not to understated Thai so how he manged to post what he thinks she said in  thai? did the gf wrote it down for him?...

Possibly having a conversation using a translator app. There are many nowadays where you talk into the device in one language and it outputs a translation, speech or text, and in reverse.

quite sad.

"I am worthless, do what you want with me (or use me as you please)"

addressing you as her elder brother, shows no love from her to you, just someone who does or should look after her.

she is obviously upset...

edit, i assume you quoted text from a written message, this is my best interpretation, as another post has mentioned, it would be easier to translate correctly knowing what provoked this response, but that is your business...

Edited by jastheace
edit

1 hour ago, KeeTua said:

Not saying your wife is wrong. The problem is the OP has spaces in the Thai which normally wouldn't contain spaces.

My Wife agrees, without the entire sentence she can't say for 100% sure as there could be another meaning, but based on what I provided her with, that is the best that she can translate it.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 5:28 AM, Ttvc44 said:

My girlfriend and I have hit a bumpy patch. Today she said something in Thai that I don't understand. Can anyone translate the meaning? It sounds like a saying of some sort but she looks sad.

Mị̀mī xarị h̄rxk phī̀ chāy phā c̄hạn pị thuk thī̀ thī̀rạk

ไม่มีอะไรหรอกพี่ชาย พาฉันไปทุกที่ ที่รัก

*1.  One post?  My guess is it will be a post and ghost.
*2. But if legit?  Wouldn't this be better in the Thai Language forum.
English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

Personally I've seen too many one post wonders toss out a line and set the star-drag.  Call it my "Spidey-Sense".  The Op joined yesterday, posted, then goes quiet. 

Troll.png

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, JayClay said:

It doesn't seem abstract enough to be a saying. Maybe it's a line from a song?

What preceded this? Did you ask her "what's wrong?" and does she often refer to you as her big brother? If both are true then the response makes sense because "ไม่มีอะไรหรอก" means "nothing". And "พี่ชาย" is big brother.

"พาฉันไปทุกที่ ที่รัก" just seems to imply that she wants her to take you with her wherever you go.

Yeah. Not cryptic at all - quite straight forward in a Thai rhetorical form. 

ฝรั่งปรับตัวดีกว่า ไม่งั้นจะไม่รอด
อันที่จริงนี่เป็นเรื่องปกติเกินไป

1 hour ago, connda said:

*1.  One post?  My guess is it will be a post and ghost.
*2. But if legit?  Wouldn't this be better in the Thai Language forum.

I agree that this should have been moved to the language forum by the moderators to begin with. But a topic with potential drama in the marriage and divorce forum is sure to generate more traffic than the language forum. 1.4K views at this point, not bad.

The Thai in the OP is not that great either, possibly created by a non-native speaker.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

My GF often says things in Thai but if she wants money it’s always in English she got holed up with me due to Covid but as she had her 2 nd jab this morning she’s mentioned about going home  which is music to my ears the door locks will be changed and anything left will be sent via Kerry Express “ Freedom at Last “ ????????????????????

Nice, isn't it? Shipped my last one off to Dubai and couldn't be happier.