Phuket officially allows drinking and selling alcohol in restaurants, effective October 1st

webfact

47 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

I also heard they are insisting you must drink alcohol only through a straw, ice-cubes must be tested for traces of covid, and any attending hostesses must wear full hazmat suits and masks.  Stiletto shoes are not considered de rigueur.

Last I saw, they had to be translucent hazmat suits with little underneath since it will be hot and sweaty inside which will lead to certain asspects of the suit adhering to certain parts the wearers anatomy ;-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Last I saw, they had to be translucent hazmat suits with little underneath since it will be hot and sweaty inside which will lead to certain asspects of the suit adhering to certain parts the wearers anatomy ;-0

But without the stilettos, it just won't be the same.

55 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I realise that some bars might try to get around the ban by disguising themselves are restaurants but authorities could police against that, 

Anyway hopefully with covid winding down it will be a moot point. 

Thats exactly what happened last time when they closed all the bars but still allowed restaurants to serve alcohol but the police were soon on to it, I guess thats why they banned it altogether 

1 minute ago, Eff1n2ret said:

So is there anything to stop people going to a restaurant and just ordering drink with no food? Maybe they'll get into the same hilarious tangle as the UK, where there were various attempts to define what was a "substantial meal" in pubs serving food, with suggestions that a Scotch Egg was sufficient.

Not really.   Certain areas can be over zealous in this (I'm thinking particularly of Rawai), where local officials were visiting restaurants and checking individual bills for signs of no food being ordered.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Not really.   Certain areas can be over zealous in this (I'm thinking particularly of Rawai), where local officials were visiting restaurants and checking individual bills for signs of no food being ordered.

I can vouch for that