Thai PM confirms Nov 1 reopening, reduced curfew, COE to be replaced with “Thailand Pass”

webfact

19 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Unlikely. UK folks will take a quick, cheap flight to the meditteranean where there are less hoops to jump through, the beaches are clean and everything is open. Germans like to drink beer. The Chinese aren't allowed to travel.

So you should be able to get a sunbed. Although if it's on a beach you won't be allowed to drink or smoke. If it's by a pool, the pool will probably be shut.

Have a happy holiday! ????

I have been checking Cyprus out, not that easy, still PCR tests risk of Quarantine,  Masks (fine 300 Euros), did not check insurance requirements, as for coming from Thailand virtually  impossible as on Gray List EEU/Cyprus... also Vac not recognized from Thailand.....

Edited by Jiggo

I wonder when all is said and done and everything opens again, all these long-time alcoholic expats will emerge free of the demon drink and sexual addictions (other than the desperate 7-11 daily takeaway drinkers).  May be quite a few less terminally ill patrons adverse to temptation sporting flitting bellies and fuller bank balances.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Prime Minister has confirmed the country will reopen.

Curfew will be 11pm-3am.

The sale of alcohol in restaurants is still banned and bars, pubs and nightclubs must remain closed.

Thailand Pass system will replace the COE system by Nov 1

Yawn. 

Let me know when you're REALLY re-opening to tourists. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Chivas said:

Seeing as the UK has the current worst record in the world for daily infections I'm at a loss as to how we are included !

That's what is called the power of the brotherhood u see ..
Singapore n TL were recently reminded of (ahem) their priorities to hv the UK n the US included in their covid exemption list ..

Reduced curfew, still ban of alcohol and no sight of a night out in town with fully open walking streets, bars, restaurants etc.

Do those tools seriously think the beaches and temples are enough to attract tourists.

No thanks.

Spain are getting our money this winter.

• Like 2

Prayuth better have a word with this idiot because he is obviously  playing from a different  Hymn sheet

Yuthasak Supasorn said ........

The Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has moved to douse expectations after the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday night by explaining that quarantine will remain for at least one day even for fully vaccinated arrivals from five initially approved countries. He also was adamant that there is no going back to the old model of Thai tourism with crowded pub scenes as his agency plans a shift to a higher quality, higher spending, family orientated sort of tourism in the future.

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey, is this an April 1 fools joke for November 1.

These clowns can't get the IM online 90 day reporting system working effectively after 3 years.

And they are going to roll out a Thailand Pass solution on November 1.

Pull this one it squeaks 5555

But nice Thai graphics presentation (as usual) on Travel Journey on Thailand Pass.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/10/14/thailand-will-replace-coe-system-with-thailand-pass-application-for-international-air-travelers-from-november-1-2021/

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He also asked foreigners residing in Thailand to help spread the word about the country’s readiness.

But where is/was he when the foreigners wanted good vaccines??? Does he ever listen or do something for the foreigners living here??? So why should we help him????

22 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

I'm in Khon Kaen tomorrow. All the farang bars are open and beer is sold.albeit one has to drink out of a ceramic mug) . Please come and have a beer with me Mr Prayut and see how well your rules work!

Good for you and don't get it wrong. KK is a nice city and I've been there several times visiting Thai friends. 

But I doubt a lot of tourists will go there on purpose. For them the situation in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Chiang Mai is important. As long as there's no alcohol, no nightlife, curfew etc. Who will come to visit Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, internationalism said:

just an hour ago dr Anutin said about pcr test and one night stay at ASQ hotel.

And earlier today report of 27 countries, with more added in January.

Story changes every day

Every day? Every half an hour, really....

• Like 1