Best Shower Water Heater

Banana7

Can anyone recommend a good quality shower water heater? I'd like about 4500 watts or more, preferably with a copper boiler chamber, long lasting, producing a consistent water temperature. Went to homepro and there seems to about 50 different models. Sales people recommending plastic boilers, and Mexx brand with a copper boiler.

I have a pair of National power showers that are still going strong 15 years later.

Even though I upgraded one of them to 3.8 kW (biggest at the time), it struggles to heat the water in the cooler months as my water supply is in concrete tanks that never see the light of day. Planning on getting a Mazuma 5.5 kW which is the largest one I have seen.

Depends where you live, as we're below Hua Hin, and 3500w is more than enough, and usually have it set at about 1300 hrs.  Just bought 2 Electrolux 3500s from LAZ / LUX site, best price, tested, work fine.  Did not have copper 'tank', but heated up and held temp with no problem.

I would avoid Mazuma, as had very bad luck with them, product & cust. serv.

Had a German brand at one house (Udon Thani) 8000w and would brew a nice cup of tea, or scold the hell out of you if not careful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Went to homepro and there seems to about 50 different models. 

We got ours from Global House your right there arep so many but not many 7kW ones it's made in America and has a lifetime cylinder thingy, can't remember name not home at moment. 

Make sure earthed. 

7 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Firstly, there are 2 types, single and multiple points.

You probably need a multiple point and I would suggest a Stiebel with variable output 4 and 6 kW, then you can adjust it after installation.

https://www.homepro.co.th/m/p/1004991?lang=en

mp_guide.jpg

sp_guide.jpg

Thanks for the diagrams but this is a condo and there are no hot water lines. I need a single point, just for the shower.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Thanks for the diagrams but this is a condo and there are no hot water lines. I need a single point, just for the shower.

Suggest you get a professional to install it.

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I would avoid Mazuma, as had very bad luck with them, product & cust. serv.

Mine's still going strong after 16 years. Have a second shower room and that's got a Haeir (E135). Bought it on Lazada highly recommended.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

17 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

Nah, you need a multi point type water heater. 

Look closely at the diagrams. Single point is the type where the water regulator sits BEFORE the water heater. They are not very common anymore and u often see them installed as a afterthought in older low end hotel showers.

Your water regulator is AFTER or downstream of the water heater, hence you need a multiple point type.

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Can anyone recommend a good quality shower water heater? I'd like about 4500 watts or more

We have 3 bathrooms, boys have a Panasonic 3500W, girls a Rinnai 4500W and mum and dad the Panasonic 6000W.

It really depends of where you live, if up the north-north-east where it gets cold for a couple of months, the 6000W is perfect, albeit the kids have complained a couple of times during the winter months that the water isn't hot enough, with my reply being, shower before dark, which they do now.

When and if the 3500W & 4500W pack it in, I will replace them with 6000W for the kids.

Have had our 6 years now and all going strong.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Firstly, there are 2 types, single and multiple points.

You probably need a multiple point and I would suggest a Stiebel with variable output 4 and 6 kW, then you can adjust it after installation.

https://www.homepro.co.th/m/p/1004991?lang=en

mp_guide.jpg

sp_guide.jpg

Important point is locate the heating units away from the shower cubicle . Single or multiple units . 

Plus you need to go up with your wire size for instant hot water services .

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Would recommend Panasonic 4,500 watt as it is enough to keep warm during cold days (although upcountry might want more).  Very good price/safe/reliable.

What i like on Panasonic is the mechanical power cut on it , you simply see it works when pushing the test button ...different than to rely on a led light as with faulty exspensive  "Mazuma led party lights ..." one i had ????

I have 2 Panasonic DH-3JL2 water heaters - for 2 bathrooms. Hot enough in Phuket, not sure about "up North".

The only problem I had with them is that they would reduce my Internet speed from about 5 Mbps to about 2 Mbps when being used.

The fact that my Internet speed was at 5 Mbps (the fastest available at that time) shows you long ago that was!

It took me moths to realise it was when the g/f was showering upstairs that the problem occurred. The housing estate electric and telephone "engineers" discovered that my meter was wired up the wrong way round and swapped the wires into the meter. They also earthed one side of the telephone wires (no fibre Internet in those days, just ADSL).  Problem solved.

Now, 11 years later, in a new house, both heaters (with built-in ELB Test) are still working fine.

• Like 1